Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Personal headcanon would be Calia becoming the queen of Lordaeron as previously stated, but the Forsaken still being considered their own people who just happen to live in Lordaeron.
    This would allow the Forsaken to have their own story going forward without compromising neither their identity as former Lordaeron citizens as well as allowing still living humans to live in Lordaeron without one stepping on the other.

Though that might be a bit too complicated a story since it deals in themes of redemption, accepting your family for who they are despite your initial disgust and allowing for a bittersweet feeling of the future being rocky but hopeful.
    Far more likely the Forsaken will be led by Calia who is just accepted but somehow not opening up for reconciliation with their living relatives though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Please no god damn democracy.
    Council =/= democracy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    blizz said no
    Did they? I thought I just read where it said she wouldn't be part of the HORDE. It never said she wouldn't be leader of the Forsaken, IIRC. Now seems as good a time as any to finally bring the Forsaken back where they belong, to the Alliance. Give the Horde those Zandalar snake people as compensation, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You know this won't happen. Blizzard would not even consider treating other races nearly as bad as their favorite punching bag. The Forsaken getting an oddball leader would only be counteracted by Sylvanas herself killing Tyrande after she got insane and becoming the new Nelf leader to deafening applause.
    I would like to disagree, but I can't. Even the destruction of the Forsaken was auxiliary to further humiliating night elves by first raising those bints and then having them be restored not by their faith in Elune but in Calia.

@Broderic

Calia as leader of Alliance Forsaken allied race is the lesser of the two available evils, exempting impossible solutions like the nu-undead migrating to the Alliance or Calia getting hit by a rock like Tiffin and exiting stage left., but it's unlikely as compared to her being shoehorned in as a Horde leader. Ditto @Raisei about Ion's statement. What Ion said is that she won't join the Forsaken out of pity, that doesn't mean that she won't join the Forsaken for another reason, which is a given, since it's not like they'd frame her as being motivated by anything but love for every creature of god's kingdom. This is given away in the very next line where he says that the Forsaken won't all be happy with her, which is both wrong since we know her only opposition will be strawmen and implies a long form role for her with them.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

if they would merge the factions I would see it happening, but seeing as she's seemingly more affine with the ally than the horde, I don't see that that's likely.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

The Lightbringer Tenebra the War Criminal's Avatar
    So the Queen of nothing then. Lordaeron is a blighted wasteland.

Then again, I could see Blizzard asspulling some kind of super secret magic technique that can instantly remove blight.
    "I have ignored them for too long. They speak the truth, Arator. And you will hear them. I will make you hear them!"

Alleria fan.

Calia is confirmed to offer psychiatrist services to the Forsaken with Derek, but no more than that.

My opinion on the next leadership is to bump up their current middle management. A council is usually an uninteresting choice, but with the Forsaken it makes sense, since we just got rid of their cult of personality that left everyone in Sylvanas's shadow. The likes of Belmont, Voss, Faranell and Velonara have the chops for it. Voss has been on the field a lot lately, so she's likely to be the main representative in campaigns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    So the Queen of nothing then. Lordaeron is a blighted wasteland.

Then again, I could see Blizzard asspulling some kind of super secret magic technique that can instantly remove blight.
    It doesn't have to be instant. Cata's revamp of Southshore showed us Forsaken have means to clean up blight, so with the armistice in place they now have the opportunity to get to work.

Though since Teldrassil is permanently gone it's possible Undercity is off-limits as long as night elves remain homeless.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

An elite council is not a democracy. Besides, all the factions are essentially monarchies, or some form of effective dictatorship, nothing wrong with a different system of government.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Did they? I thought I just read where it said she wouldn't be part of the HORDE. It never said she wouldn't be leader of the Forsaken, IIRC. Now seems as good a time as any to finally bring the Forsaken back where they belong, to the Alliance. Give the Horde those Zandalar snake people as compensation, or something.
    Lol, are you seriously suggesting that Blizz is going to move the forsaken from horde to alliance?

I hope Lillian Voss wont. Literally anyone else will be more fun and interesting. Calia could be a good pick that would fit, but it probably wont happen. I do hope it does tho

Unfortunately, the throne in the Undercity is occupied by Blobby McPlagueBreath.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

I think that's a very good question and one that the upcoming forsaken storyline will explore in depth.

Personally I think she will in the end, but will face some kickback against the forsaken along the way as she slowly earns their respect.

I'm still convinced the line where she, in an attempt to relate to Voss, talks about "going to her father's sermons" is the hint that she's out of touch with the way the forsaken are now and this will lead to tension. Remember her father?
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=25046/...ce#screenshots

Calia is a good, empathetic person, but she has not been forsaken. It's not just being a zombie that makes you one of them, or all alliance death knights would be included. The clue is in the name.

Voss is forsaken. Zelling was forsaken.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=284530/...esage-spoilers

They have not forgotten this as writers. We just had one of the most iconic examples of the forsaken mercilessly executed by Sylvanas this very expansion. They want this fresh in our minds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That there was already some defection, etc, in the Forsaken could mean that at least lore wise they have already been losing faith in Sylvanas and at least some of them want Calia as Queen. But she may only be liked by Priests, or other less psychopathic members...
    That's where I think the schism is coming. Ones who "retained their humanity" to some extent like Parqual or Velicinda would probably accept her readily. Ones who "gave in to vengeance" like Voss used to be or the Royal Apothecary Society are likely to actively hate her.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-12-03 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Would the Forsaken accept her as the new Queen, now that Sylvanas is out of the running from both Warchief and a respected leader that anyone could put faith in again.

It seems to me that this could be a good setup for getting her as the new faction leader of the Forsaken.

didnt she like say in a quest that she doesnt want to lead the forsaken

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Sorry that the Alliance by now has doubts about the Hordes ability to choose a decent leader... there is empirical evidence and two destroyed cities that make us think that a bit of oversight might not be the worst idea. Especially for the race among you that toys with lethal plagues and wants to eradicate life for fun.

But no, Ion already stated that Calia will not join the Forsaken. However it IS likely that she will claim the throne of Lordaeron, which she has every right to (Sylvanas never had any). If the Forsaken do wish to return to Lordaeron she will probably welcome them with open arms.

Lor'themar would be an okay leader I find, but probably most Forsaken won`t be happy to have that Paladin around them, he might also disagree with the whole Plaguemongering (maybe, Horde Paladins have a much more flexible sense of morality after all)
    Lorthemar isnt even a paladin.

This is one of the funnier things I've found to read out of context today.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Calia Menethil was neutral, and now she is set as both "Horde/Alliance" on most lore pages.

And I play both Horde and Alliance... My main was a forsaken Priest... I would not mind Calia... but then again I was a Priest...
    Inaccurate fanfic sites have no relevance.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Who would you rather see? I do not think Sylvanas will be coming back...
    Any other forsaken could lead or whatever left the desolate council. The forsaken would suffer under Calia's rule.

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't surprise me if Nathanos joins up with Sylvanas...Lilian Voss maybe?
    He did join up with sylvanas.....there is a cinematic for Sylvanas loyalist

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    didnt she like say in a quest that she doesnt want to lead the forsaken
    That was before Before The Storm. TL;DR some of the forsaken at the Gathering recognized her and asked her to help them defect to the Alliance, everybody was killed by Sylvanas, she was rezzed at the priest order hall into an intact light-zombie. We pick up in WoW at the end of the war campaign with her helping Derek Proudmoore deal with his zombie-ness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

No, blizzard already said
    Also wasn’t there a plain npc called calia menethil in wetlands? Or atleast hinted that she was hiding in that city that bears that name

Sure, why not? Lillian Voss doesn't care to and there's literally no one else fit for the job. Who cares who rules over the rotting sack of bones with no future lore-wise, anyway? Undercity was blighted. All Undead hang out in Orgrimmar, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well yeah. Christie Golden said "she doesn't understand Forsaken". It clearly shows in her writing.
    Yeah, Calia is a SJW/Mary Sue type character. Princess who objects to an arranged marriage, becomes a knight and a priest(ess). Marries a commoner to offset her privilege. Doesn't "want to" rule but is pushed to by randoms who effectively don't even know her.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.