Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unpopular Opinions: WoW Edition

Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    Putin khuliyo

All my opinions are shared with the majority of players so I don't have any unpopular opinions. That's why Blizzard should listen to everything I say. /s

Unpopular opinion? I don't really know what is unpopular or not anymore. I could say "I don't like" something or "I like something" and have no clue what the majority think.

Hah that is unpopular for sure. I have never heard that one before but ye, different people= different tastes so i cant blame ya xD

i also love the music in that zone too lol

Traditional player housing is the silver bullet that will "fix" wow

For some reason, WoW is a better game whenever the devs forget about alts. Whenever they make mechanics alt-friendly, the game as a whole is less good.

The game has never been better.
    Irony is people yell at Blizzard and other major companies to not expect growth every year. But then when they are still playing the same game after 15 years, it's somehow supposed to get better and give them more nostalgia every patch.

the playerbase wanting something to happen isnt always going to get them what they want, no matter how much they yell and stamp their feet.

The stripping back of the game and slowing down of ALL aspects of progression, to a more linear path, with no catch up mechanics until final tier (even them limited slots),

the removal of all gear procs including WF/TF, sockets, bonuses of any kind,

No higher than M+0 gear from LFR, removal of normal raid difficulty and slight re-balance of heroic to have the first half close to the second half of normal, and the second half matched to the first half / middle of heroic (so overall, an in-between difficulty)

Return of tokens / badges with limited gear available, supplemented by meaningful crafted gear

Classes re-balanced around player enjoyment and "wooooo! oh shit!" moments instead of databases and statistics, move away from trying to balance everything perfectly for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    the playerbase wanting something to happen isnt always going to get them what they want, no matter how much they yell and stamp their feet.
    Tinkers confirmed for SL?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The game has never been better.
    Irony is people yell at Blizzard and other major companies to not expect growth every year. But then when they are still playing the same game after 15 years, it's somehow supposed to get better and give them more nostalgia every patch.
    Who the fuck has ever yelled this at a game company? This is literally the first time i have ever seen anyone ever mention this opinion.

I suppose my most unpopular opinion is WoW needs more solo content. (inb4 "don't play mmos if u want 2 solo")

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    For some reason, WoW is a better game whenever the devs forget about alts. Whenever they make mechanics alt-friendly, the game as a whole is less good.
    Like how? The most alt friendly the game's ever been, IMO, was Wrath, which was a great expansion.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The stripping back of the game and slowing down of ALL aspects of progression, to a more linear path, with no catch up mechanics until final tier (even them limited slots),

the removal of all gear procs including WF/TF, sockets, bonuses of any kind,

No higher than M+0 gear from LFR, removal of normal raid difficulty and slight re-balance of heroic to have the first half close to the second half of normal, and the second half matched to the first half / middle of heroic (so overall, an in-between difficulty)

Return of tokens / badges with limited gear available, supplemented by meaningful crafted gear

Classes re-balanced around player enjoyment and "wooooo! oh shit!" moments instead of databases and statistics, move away from trying to balance everything perfectly for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Tinkers confirmed for SL?

- - - Updated - - -

Who the fuck has ever yelled this at a game company? This is literally the first time i have ever seen anyone ever mention this opinion.
    The same people that go on about how Blizzard is an evil greedy monster corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    The same people that go on about how Blizzard is an evil greedy monster corporation.
    I have NEVER seen anyone ever say this. The second part is usually attributed to activision, not Blizzard, and i hand on heart have NEVER heard someone claim, yelling or otherwise, that game companies should not expect continuous growth.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I'd say the end of the expansion is always the best part of an expansion and it just so happens to be the most alt friendly part.

Snapshotting was a great mechanic and all DoT classes suck without it.

Vashj'ir is great zone.

3D fights are amazing.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2019-12-03 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock Foundry is the worst raid ever conceived.

Void Lords are a stupid idea.

MoP is one of the best expansions to date. Pandaren still suck though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    i really like cata and wod
    yeast

Have two of them:

- The game was the most successful and would do good to return to the old gear model of WQ -> Dungeons -> Heroic Dungeons -> Raid 1 -> Raid 2, etc.. You should have to actually do all of the content to progress your character, not just log in for 2 weeks every 4-6 months have have gear near or on par with raiders.

- PvP should be an entirely different system in which the gear and talents that focus on PvP do not carry over into any content outside of battlegrounds or arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    clearly, you mr, have no heart.

Raids should be removed from the game and Dungeons should be the difficult content, tuned so that it's skill and not overgearing that lets people succeed.

WoD was one of the better expansions.

5+ Year Old Account
    The story should never have any impact on gameplay.

Literally zero.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.