Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    I didn't turn it off, but I wasn't a huge fan of it either.

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the story of BFA.

Once you learn to let go of Lore as being this fixed constant, everything just gets better.
    Here is something to believe in!

5+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak and Naga are probably the most unappealing races they could ever add to playable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Who the fuck has ever yelled this at a game company? This is literally the first time i have ever seen anyone ever mention this opinion.
    People say this shit all the time, I can think of a thread right now that hits the front page regularly about the same subject.

Mythic+ is a garbage concept and doesn't belong in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    People say this shit all the time, I can think of a thread right now that hits the front page regularly about the same subject.
    I think you are very delusional, or very confused. Maybe both?

I had no issues at all with Azerite Armor.

And I love island expeditions.

#bam

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Flying made the game more fun and didn't hurt a damn thing in the four expansions where we could just buy it for gold at level cap. Also, Pathfinder is bullshit.

Although I'm not sure those are "unpopular" opinions.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-12-03 at 01:30 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar city was the single greatest in game creation that has ever happened to WoW. The level of detail and story telling will never again be matched

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Suramar city was the single greatest in game creation that has ever happened to WoW. The level of detail and story telling will never again be matched
    Is this unpopular?

I don't think the story of MoP is as good as people make it out to be, I absolutely hate how they turned Garrosh into a villain and have Lei Shen appear as a throwaway villain.

I really don't like dungeons that are incredibly linear, yet people seem to like it this way because they don't like getting lost (its almost like this is an adventure game or something) and to have mythic+ be a thing.

Pet battles don't interest me in the slightest.

I actually like the idea of having a bunch of smaller factions rather than just 2 major factions, but most people seem to rather have the whole faction thing go away.

I'm completely fine with Kael'thas and Illidan turning into villains despite their portrayal in WC3. Its just that it was poorly portrayed in-game that bothered me.

I prefer the old world (pre-Cata) over the new.

I do not like any villain that is being portrayed as more powerful than the Burning Legion.

I like both Classic and retail (I mean on this board it seems unpopular because you always have to pick one side here)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Is this unpopular?
    i feel like maybe in hindsight its not but while it was out I always saw a lot of people complaining about it. I played a class that could easily handle very large groups of enemies without threat of death as my main (blood DK) and when i went through it again as a Disc priest i had less of a great time but i still loved it

Cataclysm was the peak of "classic" style WoW, not BC or Wrath.

Vash'jir is the most unique and fun zone ever.

No, BFA is not worse than WoD.

WotLK is grossly overrated and started the modernising issues that so many WotLK diehards bemoan these days. WotLK was the first time higher tiers of raiding truly became accessible but still had the vaneer of it being this elite privileged thing when it was anything but.

Complete with poor balancing and promised features never getting released, it should be a point of contension with the anti-Blizzard brigade but instead it's saluted with medals it didn't really earn.

Edit: forgot to add that flying was the biggest mistake in the game's history and that class design has gotten significantly better compared to previous expansions but hasn't kept up with gaming as a whole
    Last edited by Zimpoli; 2019-12-03 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    Them's FIGHTING WORDS!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't think the story of MoP is as good as people make it out to be, I absolutely hate how they turned Garrosh into a villain and have Lei Shen appear as a throwaway villain.
    I think most of the love for MoP comes from gameplay and class balance not the story. I agree MoPs story was super meh, the raids IMO were meh, i hated nearly every zone at launch up until Isle of Thunder but i probably had more fun in PvP than any other expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Vash'jir is the most unique and fun zone ever.

Cataclysm was the peak of "classic" style WoW, not BC or Wrath.
    Vashj'ir is one of my favorite zones too.

- - - Updated - - -

Suramar was my single favorite thing about Legion. It wounds me to this day that it didn't have like, a proper post-Legion 'actually a city now' version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    WoD was one of the better expansions.
    WoD was worth it for Shadowmoon Valley alone. I recently helped a friend quest though that zone with party sync and had honestly forgotten how gorgeous and atmospheric it was there.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most of the love for MoP comes from gameplay and class balance not the story. I agree MoPs story was super meh, the raids IMO were meh, i hated nearly every zone at launch up until Isle of Thunder but i probably had more fun in PvP than any other expansion.
    Personally I loved the zones, stories and think MoP had some of the most fun raids in the game. Throne of Thunder felt sprawling and epic like Ulduar did, and some of my best raiding memories from 15 years of this game come from SoO with my guild.

Class design was great of course but I enjoyed the entirety of the expansion (aside from initial overreliance on dailies), more or less.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It's pretty hard to decide what's really unpopular, and what is simply unpopular among the vocal minority, but I guess the only data we have are the forums, so:

1. BfA is a great expansion, maybe below Legion in objective quality. For me personally it's the best one because of personal reasons stacked on top of gameplay.
    2. Wf/Tf is a good system
    3. 4 raid difficulties is one of the best update to raids ever done
    4. Same as above, but for flex raids
    5. I don't think anything should be made unavailable after being added to the game. It's terrible to have a mountain of things you can never get, just because you joined later. Maybe some FoS achievements could be excluded from that, but pets, mounts and mogs for sure should remain available forever.
    6. The less buttons are needed to play a character, the better
    7. It's not fun for the open world to be hard
    8. World quests are a great system
    9. Collecting pets and mounts is the best activity in the game

But yeah I'm really unsure whether these are unpopular in general or just disliked by the forum warriors

I actually really enjoyed the quest change-up in Cataclysm, along with the stories in several zones.

Vash'jir is an awesome zone. I thoroughly enjoyed questing in it.