Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest was better with shadow orbs than with the insanity system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Factions need to go
    Also this
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Maybe it's because of the instrument? Instruments like a violin, accordion or harmonica can be really grating to some people. Especially with low quality audio outputs some instruments like church organs make my ears bleed, even if it's an absolutely lovely rendition.
    Yeah I think you Are right. Its kinda fascinating in a way.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    *Brain starts mathing* (gonna take a minute)
    enters industry at 18 retires at 48, math checks out. They created this game before you needed a PHD to get an entry level job

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I played wow 14 years ago for about 30 minutes with sound on, I turned off the sound. To this day I have never ever played wow with its own sounds on.
    This... is kinda remarkable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Baine was at his absolute best this expansion.

I don't think Sylvanas's character changed whatsoever. We were just blinded by wanting to see her as an antihero.

This expansion has had some of the best transmogs ever, so I don't miss class tier sets. We have a million ways to look like a paladin, but finally have some other themes. (faction, racial, zone-themed)

Warfronts are great, their worst element was balancing. Heroic Warfronts are what Warfronts should've been in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with rep grinding to unlock allied races. If you liked the race that much, and play the game regularly, you'll already have the rep at exalted before the allied race is even announced, let alone released.

Classic class design and questing is awful. I spend so much time autoattacking and drinking on my shaman it's ridiculous. I'm not sure I'll ever reach 60. A shame, because I do want to do the raiding I missed out on from BC releasing.

Titanforging is a good mechanic. It's not designed to be strived for; it's a bonus. It helps slowly push your ilevel into a higher content bracket rather than feeling locked in place due to players demanding too much. It's the only reason I was able to get back into raiding in Legion, and never prevented me from enjoying it.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-12-03 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    *Brain starts mathing* (gonna take a minute)
    He started at Blizzard in 1993 when he was 20. If you want to be technical his official tenure at Blizzard was closer to 20 years than it was 30; but he's still doing voice work in 2019 so by the internet laws of embellishment I rounded up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Shadow priest was better with shadow orbs than with the insanity system.
    This is true. But the Shadow Orb system is worse than Cata's version of Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'll one up you,

I played wow 14 years ago for about 30 minutes with sound on, I turned off the sound. To this day I have never ever played wow with its own sounds on.
    I'm the same. I guess I didn't realize this was unusual? The only WoW sounds I use are those attached to WAs and Boss Mods.

When WoW's storytelling tries to be epic and dramatic it often ends up not being very good. The game is at its best when going for a goofy tongue-in-cheek vibe with a little bit of drama and a little bit of humour, much like the tone of the MoP cinematic.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    One more: I think the faction vs faction stuff is stupid, tired, and forced at this point. It was fine in the RTS games and earlier versions of WoW. It's getting old now.

in b4 "ITS WARCRAFT NOT PEACECRAFT!!!1111111111"

I can accept that things I do not enjoy doing are not bad ideas.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

my unpopular opinion is that people treat WoW too much like a girlfriend or an ex. if you enjoy the game, play it. if you don't, then don't. i dont know why people are so diluted that they'll ravish around the game and it's communities whilst simultaneously hating on it and everyone who plays or enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I can accept that things I do not enjoy doing are not bad ideas.
    Oooh, good one I'm right there with you.

1. Removing features is BAD - there should be more added to the game with every expansion, not less. There is no reason why glyphs were removed, for example. It was a layer of customization that should still be in the game. They didn't need to be performance-based. It could have been a purely cosmetic system and could have been utilized much better. Blizzard dropped the ball on this one.

2. The old talent system was better - there were more choices and you actually felt like you could customize your character to your playstyle. Was there an optimal build for specific fights? Of course. But that's not different from today. The only difference is that my character feels empty. I think the system could have been improved, but it was 100% much better than today.

3. Pets were a good addition - I like the pet battling / collecting system. It gives you something to do between content. I just wish they'd put out pet battle content quicker (but to be fair, they've been much better recently than they were in the past).

4. Removing "inconveniences" was a bad decision - all of the QoL decisions hurt the game. I miss having to feed my pet as a Hunter, having to go collect Soulshards as a Warlock, and needing reagents for my spells. All of these things contributed to the feel of an RPG and the game feels less immersive as a result. I'd like some of them back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I used to think this was unpopular but the farther we get away from it the more people I see share it at least to some degree.

MoP is the best expansion pound for pound. It has issues sure but overall I think it was where the game was at is best in terms of the full package of raiding, world content, class design etc.
    I can agree with it to an extent.

I think MoP suffered because of where it was placed in the timeline. MoP came out after, IMO, one of the worst expansions (Cataclysm). So people were feeling very bitter. People thought it was a joke expansion right after a bad expansion, so they were very vocal about it. Not to mention some of the dumb decisions revolved around it (Neutral Pandarens instead of giving Pandas to one side, and another race to the other) (5 levels again) (etc.)

Another thing that hurt MoP is that the progression in bad-arsery was at a high. We defeated Illidan (WC figure), defeated Arthas (WC figure), and defeated Deathwing (WC figure) and now...we're going to Panda-land...and who are we supposed to defeat? Garrosh? Ooh...how terrifying. >.> And since Pandarens were an April Fools joke it made people really frustrated.

But looking back? I think MoP was a decent expansion. I never jumped on the hate train. I did roll my eyes at the "Kung-Fu Pandas" but I still enjoyed the expansion. I think it was probably the best expansion we've gotten SINCE WoTLK - all the other expansions have been C grade or less. MoP is definitely a B.

I'd say: BC > WotLK > MoP > Legion > BFA (so far) > Cata > WoD
    Last edited by LionSinMaikeru; 2019-12-03 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melathyr View Post
    BFA replaced Wrath as being my favourite expac. Lots of new playable races, places I've been wanting to see (KT especially), gorgeous music/zones. Love Mechagon to death, I played ONLY that for like two months whenever I was on the game. Oh, and I am amped as fuck for playable Mechagnomes, I drew one after seeing at the datamined stuff for them:

Nice art. I'm also hyped for them as well, got names reserved and everything.

As far as unpopular opinions about WoW go, I have a bunch, but here's a sampling:

Retail is better than Classic - better quality of life, better class design/balance, better storytelling, better respect of players and our time.

Mists and Legion are the best expansions.

Warlords was awesome at the start (but quickly turned into World of Garrisoncraft, and deserves most of the hate it got toward the end).

PvP will never be balanced and PvE/storytelling suffers for its continued existence.

The faction war is stupid and should have ****ing ended with BFA. If Blizz insists on keeping it in we should be able to play any race with either faction. Every country, power, etc in history has had people who defected - absolutely should be an option in WoW. Its another wall preventing people from playing with their friends in a game that is supposed to be ALL ABOUT PLAYING WITH OUR FRIENDS.

Prestige is overrated and is not an excuse to remove content/items from the game. I have 32 mage tower appearances and wouldn't have any problem whatsoever w/ Blizz giving players another way to earn them in 2019/2020 etc.

Vashj'ir was awesome, one of the best zones in the game and I will always love GC for the work/knowledge he poured into it.

Every race should be able to play any class. The restrictions are artificial and have already been broken down several times (e.g. night elf mages and paladins). Make the 'extra special' classes a challenging questline or something, like maybe you have to learn what it means to be a paladin and prove you have pure-enough faith in the light to do so.

Angry forum posters are the absolute minority (this is a statistical fact) and are the last group of players Blizz should look to for any kind of reasonable/rational feedback.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-03 at 07:41 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Raiding was better with more class homogenization (utility, cooldown time, mechanics)
    -

I prefer mechagnomes over vulpera.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Arena ruined PvP and M+ ruined PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I prefer mechagnomes over vulpera.
    Do you super hate vulpera, or do you actually like mechagnomes?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Grizzly Hills has the worst music. I had to turn it off every time I entered that zone. It's like wailing on a violin with a sickly cat.
    Grizzly as a whole is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Hey it's your right to have a different opinion, that's a freedom we all enjoy.
    But I can also enjoy the same freedom by telling you that your opinion is wrong and the things you claim to enjoy are terrible elements of the game and I'm not the only one who says this.
    You didn't express an opinion, you simply called me a liar for expressing mine.

Huge difference.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I loved Legion legendaries. Imo it was key thing why same max level system worked in Legion and not at all in BfA.