Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    You can start at the beginning, I just think it's not going to be popular enough for a sequel (and it wasn't).
    The film failed for several reasons, but one of them was not "because they went with the first war".

You're biased. That's the problem with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The film failed for several reasons, but one of them was not "because they went with the first war".

You're biased. That's the problem with all of this.
    And you're not? My only bias is towards what I think would've been more profitable. The problem is you've failed to convince me that even an expertly made rendition of the First War would've done any better at the box office.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Classes should be balanced lorewise as perfect balance is impossible to make but it should be planned which class is strongest but the differance should still stay as it had being overall for couple of years.

And you're not? My only bias is towards what I think would've been more profitable. The problem is you've failed to convince me that even an expertly made rendition of the First War would've done any better at the box office.
    I’m actually not biased, no. I’m saying “start from the beginning, as there’s no place in the canon that is particularly better or more sensible to start from”. To try and call me biased for that is like saying so someone is biased for taking their clothes off before they take a bath.

You’re biased to Arthas because you want to begin the story in the middle of the canon and make large changes to it so it can, I assume, stand as it’s own film without any future installments.

You’ve failed to convince me this is a good idea because you’ve failed to make a good argument, you’re just stating your unsupportable opinions. I’ve failed to convince you because, well, you’re biased towards it absolutely needing to be an Arthas film.

WoW forums are naturally more concerned with the story than the average movie-goer. The issue with the WoW movie is that it was released about 6 years too late. (The fact that it made a ridiculous amount of money in China was the movie's only saving grace.) It could have been on the level of a Kubrick film and it still would have failed because there simply wasn't an audience for the movie in America. Hindsight is 20/20 but like the guy you quoted pointed out, the movie had plenty of other issues which contributed to its failure, the story was only one small part of a much larger problem.

I think levelling and the associated power growth should be at the center of the experience, and I don't believe it's a good thing when the world scales to meet your increased numbers, because all that means is you get to farm around the same place forever and never feel any meaningful power growth at the end of the day.

I want enemies of quite a variety of power levels to lurk around in various zones, and when I feel like I've finally conquered the zone, I want it to keep opening up with more and more danger and more and more depth over time but in DIFFERENT PLACES each time. I don't want the zone to scale, I want the zone to have different areas accomodating people at different progress. Suramar was ****ing perfect, except it should've had more dangerous mobs the further into the campaign you got.

Now, why do I say this is an unpopular opinion? Because rescaling everything to be static means all raid difficulties but one goes out, all dungeon difficulties bar one goes out, M+ goes out, zone scaling goes out, and levelling should take a way more time and so on.

Instead, there'd be far more dungeons of far more difficulty levels. Dungeons would make more repeated use of tile sets and there should be either wings of them or they'd just straight up have 14+ bosses. There would be no need to rush through them as there would be no timers. They'd be full of quests, too.

People usually just tell me to play Classic, but I like to play games I haven't already completed, you know.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2019-12-08 at 11:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I wouldn't call that an unpopular opinion. Most people really enjoyed leveling in WoD (and still do). Its issues were squarely at max level.
    I thought people enjoyed it for the speed leveling with the treasures and whatnot. I even love taking it slow on Draenor. But oh well, this being a popular opinion makes me feel validated

Classes with the least amount of buttons in their rotation are more fun to me to play than those with more buttons.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Cata - MoP - and even WoD were the most enjoyable expansions to me because of raids + gameplay. It feels like a distinctly different era for WoW, being in between the modern expansions and the base game + the first two.

3+ Year Old Account
    Mortal beings able to kill Old Gods, creatures fashioned on and highly influenced by HP Lovecraft’s work, is ridiculously effing stupid.

Baine is cool.

Vash was, and still is, by far and away the best zone in this game.

Thrall needs to be brought back to the forefront.

Night Elves and Gnomes should be removed from the game entirely. All NPCs and PCs - poof, up in smoke.

LiLi Stormsnout (or whatever) needs to die a horribly painful and graphic death.

Pumpkin pie is the best of all pies.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

popular opinion: The vanilla loginscreen has the best soundtrack of them all.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    My current unpopular (I assume) opinion is that tying abilities to Covenants in Shadowlands is an important feature that they need to keep. Letting us choose whichever ability we want regardless of our covenant choice just waters down the importance of your pick. I like having to take everything in a package: story, aesthetics, abilities. It makes the Covenants feel more important and impactful. I understand wanting the abilities to be separate from your covenant choice, but I personally think it's flavorful and fun. It may not be the right design choice overall, but I hope Blizzard don't cave and allow any ability with any covenant.
    bcs some people think that 0.5% difference in dmg will prevent them from clearing normal pug, bcs its totaly not their inability to follow tactics or to make solid dps of their class, its that one covenant ability that makes all the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    Night Elves and Gnomes should be removed from the game entirely. All NPCs and PCs - poof, up in smoke.
    Why would you want to ruin the characters of thousands of other players?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Allowing Flying without grinding supid achivement won't kill the game or the subs
    Grinding stupid achivement in the middle of an expansion for flying kill the game and affect the subs

Change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    The game was better when you could just raid and get BIS items without being forced to do anything else. No M+, no Titanforged, no AP, no Essences, nothing.
    Hell yeah. I can't agree more I miss the good OL days log in 2-3 times a week for 2-3 hours and your done. I played so many other games back in the Raid Logging days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Allowing Flying without grinding supid achivement won't kill the game or the subs
    Grinding stupid achivement in the middle of an expansion for flying kill the game and affect the subs

Change my mind
    Again I can't agree more, just make it cost 3-5K to unlock flying each Xpac and Ill gladly pay. Hell Id pay 100K for it, and I barely have that much gold. I have not flown in a current Xpac since MOP.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the dailies in MoP were fun and varied compared to WQs in BfA.
    It Was only people who couldn't control themselves that ruined dailies, which led to WoD with Apexis dailies and Apexis can burn in hell for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would you want to ruin the characters of thousands of other players?
    Because he has unpopular opinions.

M+ is bad and I'd love to see it removed.
    I preferred dailies like in MoP over WQs.
    Vashj'ir was and still is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    Because he has unpopular opinions.
    Okay? I can read the title of the thread. I wanted to know why he would want to do that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Okay? I can read the title of the thread. I wanted to know why he would want to do that.
    Maybe to increase his opinion’s unpopularity by ruining thousands of characters. It’s his opinion.