Other FF forums.

I notice that many people post or reply here. Is that due to most players writing on the lodestone or official ff forums?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I notice that many people post or reply here. Is that due to most players writing on the lodestone or official ff forums?
    I'm not sure if you are trying to say that people post here a lot or that not many people post here. If it's the former, MMO Champion has a pretty active user base. Its primarily WoW, but people here also play a lot of other games and that means FF for a lot of us. If it's the latter, then there are other active forums for FF that a lot of players prefer to use.

I can't remember the last time I'd found useful info for FFXIV in a Google search that took me to MMO Champion. I'm much more likely to find it on Reddit or the Lodestone. However, this site is good for finding people that play multiple MMOs or who have at least dipped their toes in 1 or 2 besides WoW. It's also good for FFXIV friend codes if you want perks when you're first starting up.

The most active FFXIV discussion I've seen is on:

• The FFXIV subreddit (note: due to the nature of reddit, you don't really get back and forth debates like on regular message boards. Most of the posts here are fanart and the like. If you're looking for indepth speculation or ruminations on the story, look elsewhere.
    • The XIV general thread on 4chan (note: again, despite the high level of activity, there is not much of substance here.)

For the most part I prefer posting here over any official forums honestly is because it is a very bubble mentality. On MMO champ it is easier to make a comparison between two MMO's with it turning into a Red vs Blue team death match thing.

Official forums tend to attract people who have a hardcore love for the game with a blind eye towards that particular devs failings. Also I have been posting on MMO champ long before we even had individual game sub forums.

If you use Discord, I would check out The Balance

https://discord.gg/BfxxzH

There are discussions, guides, rotations, etc... for every class including DoH/DoL and as I understand sections for people looking for statics as well as much more.

Many people post here because unlike the moronic community managers policing the official FFXIV forums, the moderators on MMO - Champion won't ban you having a fucking opinion.

If you ever wanted to know what it feels like to be permanently banned, go disagree with someone's opinion on their forums. Also, if you think the communication in WoW is fucking terrible ...

/Laughs

The community managers posts are literal months apart. Pathetic and shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by mario710 View Post
    Many people post here because unlike the moronic community managers policing the official FFXIV forums, the moderators on MMO - Champion won't ban you having a fucking opinion.

If you ever wanted to know what it feels like to be permanently banned, go disagree with someone's opinion on their forums. Also, if you think the communication in WoW is fucking terrible ...

/Laughs

I've had disagreements (in particular over the fact that new game+ doesn't give any rewards, not even xp) and nothing happened. The other side was like "it's not for you" and were unable to realise what a waste of resources it is in the way it is now.
    Anyways yeah, i was mauled by the "fans" but that is to be expected. It's the same here with the WoW ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I'm not sure if you are trying to say that people post here a lot or that not many people post here. If it's the former, MMO Champion has a pretty active user base. Its primarily WoW, but people here also play a lot of other games and that means FF for a lot of us. If it's the latter, then there are other active forums for FF that a lot of players prefer to use.

I can't remember the last time I'd found useful info for FFXIV in a Google search that took me to MMO Champion. I'm much more likely to find it on Reddit or the Lodestone. However, this site is good for finding people that play multiple MMOs or who have at least dipped their toes in 1 or 2 besides WoW. It's also good for FFXIV friend codes if you want perks when you're first starting up.
    Ahh. I just noticed it was meant to say not many. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

/Laughs

Seriously get banned for disagreeing about someone's opinion? that's pretty harshe. T.T
    I found as long as you stay on topic, respect people and don't be a jackass, mmo admins are ok.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

FF14 issues account terminations if you make an accidental purchase of the wrong product. Keep in mind, you are still telling them that you want to give them money for a purchase. You simply made a purchase on the wrong item and want to be refunded so you can purchase the correct one.

Square Enix will terminate your account for that. They are fucking jackasses and need to get their shit together. Just go on the forums right now. 90% of the posters there are pussy-footing around the trigger-happy community managers.

What skills do you need to qualify for that job by the way? Fluent in 6 languages for $18 an hour? WTF?

5+ Year Old Account

Pretty much this. The community is much better. The game is much better. The dev team's attitude towards the players is much better. But the ammount of BS on part of the community managers is beyond insane. While we were discussing the last, unrevealed zone for Shadowbringers, somebody mentioned that it could be Garlemald. I replied that Theo (one of the frequent posters who is a total shill for the Garlean Empire) would burn down Square Enix HQ in rage if the continent of Garlemald would be turned into a single zone. This earned me a liftetime ban from the official forums. Here, if they piss me off enough I can call people "living proof that abortion should not be banned" and get maybe two weeks off.

I wish the information infrastructure for FFXIV was as good as WoW's though. Wowhead and the wiki's well maintained and well designed UI etc really spoilt me that way.

But those sites are/were run by very motivated people

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I wish the information infrastructure for FFXIV was as good as WoW's though. Wowhead and the wiki's well maintained and well designed UI etc really spoilt me that way.

Absolutely this. What I'd do to get some extensively cataloged lore wiki... I've had to make do with rewatching cutscenes, looking for NPC and quest text on gamerscape, and replaying the MSQ on alts (now NG+) but it's way too much work just to review some of the story.

Though if all you care about is item drops, recipes, etc, gamerscape is more than enough.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

Gamerescape is the thing that always pops up when I am googling things for FF14 and all that info is up to date. I think the very big difference is WoW is mostly American focused and FF14 has a heavy Japanese presence obviously. This would force a site developer to translate everything and I do not think anyone wants to tackle it.

I think the assumption is FF14 is sitting around 5-6 million subs so it is odd this has not attracted people looking to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I think the assumption is FF14 is sitting around 5-6 million subs so it is odd this has not attracted people looking to make money.
    5-6? It was speculated to have 1.2 million on the latest luckybancho's survey and that's already pretty generous approximation.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Seriously get banned for disagreeing about someone's opinion? that's pretty harshe. T.T
    That's how it is on the official WoW forums. A guy I played vanilla WoW with works as a moderator and he was telling me that because of how vague their code of conduct is, they can ban almost any post and label it "unconstructive" whether you were being funny or disagreeing with someone.

It was slightly like that back in vanilla but then, it wasn't exclusive to the WoW forums. It was just common sense that disagreeing = trolling. I even got a 3 day ban for disagreeing with someone and after my appeal, the supervisor overturned it and said I did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Based on what precisely?

Most anything that resembles in-depth discussion concerning XIV happens via Discord servers mostly and occasionally spills over onto Reddit. There's also a fairly active congregation of players on Twitter, but it also spirals into juvenile-esque spats over various goings-on with the game (ie drama).