Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You can't really be like hey I'm just the messenger, I'm not responsible for spreading misinformation. The real world doesn't work like that.

    The major difference between say you and I is that I'm not here saying that definitively WoW has more players. That's why you don't see me going around saying it in discussions. I simply refute BAD info when it's presented, like your resource. It's not something we really have to argue about honestly.
    I am not spreading misinformation. You have no way to say that the numbers aren't plausible. All signs we have seen point to a trend wich makes it possible. I already mentioned them from the leak to wowlogs/fflogs servers. It's called an estimate. I didn't hide it was an estimate, i didn't say it was a certainty, i said it was a possibility. But you say wich such certainty that it is completely wrong, so, lets see your source on that.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You can't really be like hey I'm just the messenger, I'm not responsible for spreading misinformation. The real world doesn't work like that.

    The major difference between say you and I is that I'm not here saying that definitively WoW has more players. That's why you don't see me going around saying it in discussions. I simply refute BAD info when it's presented, like your resource. It's not something we really have to argue about honestly.
    Yeah, from the very day that Blizzard stopped releasing those numbers, people started yelling about how it must be under 1 million now or something and the game was dead and it was all a cover-up and blah blah.

    Just no reasoning with folks.

  3. #83
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    PvP maps are mostly dead and hardly fun (I say this as a dedicated FGC member and PVP game fan)
    Whoa, Nellie! I know this is your opinion but PvP gets enough warranted hate without some of it suddenly being directed at an aspect that I believe really doesn't deserve it. The PvP maps are definitely fun and serve their purpose, to accentuate the power struggle that comes from a large scale fight of three faction.

    Let's just take Seal Rock as an example, where the tomeliths can spawn at random places in the rocky island. Because of this the battlefield changes often, one time a tomelith might spawn behind your own lines making it much easier to defend, but if it spawns in an open field you are at the mercy of the other two companies catching you in a pincer and losing the node anyway, however if it spawns within the caverns now your team can decide to keep watch over the larger entrance while putting a token group on the choke point because you know the other two companies will be too busy killing each other to really push in though there. That's not even taking into account when multiple tomes spawn and their different worth. Your team might decide to just forego one spawn due to it's low worth to take a gamble and be in a better position of seizing the next one while the other two companies fight for the previous.

    Some of the most fun I've had during PvP was deliberating and making such calls with the rest of the group and trying to adapt to the map together. And given that I usually freelance and end up with the Flames I can only imagine Mael and Adders do that even more considering those are the factions where PvPers tend to go to.

    I'd say PvP in XIV is bad mostly because of the issues with server lag and the ever present balance problems that every MMO has, but the maps are some of the best aspects of it.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    you talked about the "poor taste" of having a scoundrel be offensive. It is not.

    I mean, he's not even scoundrel, he's shipwright.
    (It's not my screenshot, apparently someone on Reddit was as confused as I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    To clarify better your position I have a question though, if the original japanese script had a bad guy saying offensive things would you also consider that poor taste?
    I'd still be concerned with how anybody could come up with that line, but I'd be less pissed about man in the middle trying to show off when there's no need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  5. #85
    The hell does it matter if a character uses some off-color language? Jeez.

    Fuckity fuck fuck whore fuck shit fuck shit ass. There.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruktai View Post
    That isn't correct. The Japanese version of the game is very dry and the Japanese community care far less for the game's story than the EU and NA crowd do. The story is much more fleshed out along with characters and general flavour where the English translation is concerned. For many the localisation is a large part as to why they were even drawn into the game in the first place. That was certainly the case for me, since it was refreshing to experience an MMO that didn't have every character talk like a modern day American.
    This may be different for native speakers and people who learned English as second (third, etc.) language. You might be amused by all characters speaking either in ye olde English or like they are XVII's century british sailors, I'm just annoyed, especially when I clearly hear Japanese voice that is telling completely different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

  7. #87
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I mean, he's not even scoundrel, he's shipwright.
    (It's not my screenshot, apparently someone on Reddit was as confused as I)
    So it was a Lominsan after all. A dead whore in a pirate nation wouldn't be something to be coy about really. Though I don't see it as poor taste I'll grant that it wasn't necessary and understand it would be upsetting to someone.

    (also that person on reddit wasn't confused but amused, almost everyone seemed to take it well:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...iately_take_a/ )

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'd still be concerned with how anybody could come up with that line
    Anybody can come up with that line because it's not abnormal. Uneducated people, bad people, they can come up with rough offensive lines because of their poor life experiences. And personally as someone who has lived in places where people talk like that because of their lack of means and education yeah, it seemed fitting rather than outrageous since that's how it would normally be. I don't think it's worth being upset about but I understand why it would be.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2019-12-06 at 06:41 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Tsee ya next patch/expac!
    Next expansion, not next patch. If 5.1 was any indication, 5.2 will only have 2 days more or less worth of content. The only reason I might come back 5.5 (the patch before expansion) is to prepare my toon for the expansion so that when the expansion launches I can do it right away. Though maybe I'll hold out until the expansion itself because a few days having to catch up when expansion launches might not be a deal-breaker for me, though maybe I'll hate the feeling everyone's doing the expansion, while I'm still tackling the patch MSQs and old content. That fear of missing out, or fomo, can be strong sometimes.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post

    I mean, he's not even scoundrel, he's shipwright.
    (It's not my screenshot, apparently someone on Reddit was as confused as I)

    I'd still be concerned with how anybody could come up with that line, but I'd be less pissed about man in the middle trying to show off when there's no need to.
    Dude... he is a sea wolf....
    They are the vikings and pirates of FFXIV (the whole [sub]race that is)
    On top of that, he is in Limsa.

    also relevant:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUUDypEDNQ
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-12-06 at 09:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •