Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Is her sister supposed to be like, the new Black Window or something? Is this movie kinda introducing her for that?
    Very possible. Without diving into the details, she was a Black Widow in the comics.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    It's super weird to me that there's a heated discussion because someone was non-plussed about trailer music (reads like someone is just itching for an internet argument imo. I mean god forbid someone doesn't like something)

    But just to add 2 cents to the general topic of trailer music - studios OFTEN, I mean often, use music in trailers that are never in the movie. Hell, a lot of studios use music from completely different films in trailers. I'm a big fan of musical scores, so this used to drive me nuts - I'd be in the theater and catch a trailer for ActionMovie351 and hear a track from the Braveheart score, and so on.
    Interesting marketing trick. Rarely is movie music not in the background to me, so if it hadn’t been pointed out I would have thought nothing of it.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Rarely is movie music not in the background to me, so if it hadn’t been pointed out I would have thought nothing of it.
    I've been interested in stuff like this since my obsession with the Chrono Trigger and FF6 music back in the day. I can see how other people wouldn't care, though.

  4. #184
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,115
    they released a clip


  5. #185
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,115
    Black widow was black widow, red guardian was my favorite, wonder if we'll see more of Yelena, Taskmaster felt generic villain, didn't do character any favors not to speak..even ultron spoke..unclear if fat general served Russia or himself, seems only himself. Ending felt like captain america winter soldierish, enjoyed movie unsure how many times i'll see movie again. General ross was pointless. Unsure if anyone except Nat or Red had any supersoldier serum. Lots of widows on the loose now, taskmaster seems to be mostly robot, a cyborg.

    Didn't have time to wait until end credits were over to see if there was extra scene, don't see why there would be...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-07 at 06:49 PM.

  6. #186
    So, is the Taskmaster the MCU’s first trans character? Was his daughter resurrected by Frankensteining her head onto a male guard’s corpse? Because that body definitely wasn’t female.

  7. #187
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,123
    I really enjoyed it. Solid action movie with a bit of spy elements which we haven't seen from BW in a while. The humour was also quite good.

    It was interesting though watching that movie after Falcon and the Winter Soldier because there were definitely hints in that movie that alluded to plot points in the tv show (Red Guardian fighting Captain America in the 1980's for example which everyone said was rubbish but in FatWS we learn that could've definitely happened - he just didn't fight Steve Rogers) and then Valentina de Fontaine showing up again which should have been her first appearance but was actually her second. But hey at least the movie came out before the Hawkeye tv series, cause that would've made no sense if it had arrived after

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So, is the Taskmaster the MCU’s first trans character? Was his daughter resurrected by Frankensteining her head onto a male guard’s corpse? Because that body definitely wasn’t female.
    I don't think so? I mean that's kinda not how that works. also could've quite easily been a female body inside the suit; the suit is probably designed that way so that nobody really knows who is inside

  8. #188
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So, is the Taskmaster the MCU’s first trans character? Was his daughter resurrected by Frankensteining her head onto a male guard’s corpse? Because that body definitely wasn’t female.
    it was a robot body, built for strength, so makes sense it looked more male. I don't think robots classify as trans

  9. #189
    saw the hd rip is on the pirating streaming sites already, did this release on disney+ and not just cinemas or something?

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    saw the hd rip is on the pirating streaming sites already, did this release on disney+ and not just cinemas or something?
    Release on Disney+ today for premium members. And yeah premium access is something for People to see movies that was supposed to be at cinemas.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Release on Disney+ today for premium members. And yeah premium access is something for People to see movies that was supposed to be at cinemas.
    It’s not for “premium members” it’s premier access. $30 on top of the membership fee to get access to the movie on Disney+. So long as you keep paying that members fee at least.

  12. #192
    Just saw it. Eh, it wasn't bad. Didn't really set my world on fire though. Just average.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  13. #193
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just saw it. Eh, it wasn't bad. Didn't really set my world on fire though. Just average.
    Pretty much my opinion too.

    It isn't bad, but it felt a lot like the Phase 2 movies to me. And it felt like there was a lot of unnecessary scenes that could have been trimmed down and other scenes expanded.

    This definitely should have been the movie that they trialed for Premier Access instead of the Live Action Mulan remake.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Didn't have time to wait until end credits were over to see if there was extra scene, don't see why there would be...
    It is an MCU movie and outside of one I can name, pretty much all MCU movies have an after credits scene?

    And it has one.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  14. #194
    I quite enjoyed it, I watched all MCU movies again during lock down and this felt a good ending to Black Widows story a high 7/10, nothing amazing and not enough to warrant a Disney+ membership, but for cheaper methods worth a watch.

    After watching the end scene I guess we have a new Black Widow! The accents were not great, they could speak perfect American English at the start, but then only English with a strong Russian accent after which made no sense!
    Last edited by Iliena; 2021-07-10 at 12:18 AM.

  15. #195
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I quite enjoyed it, I watched all MCU movies again during lock down and this felt a good ending to Black Widows story a high 7/10, nothing amazing and not enough to warrant a Disney+ membership, but for cheaper methods worth a watch.

    After watching the end scene I guess we have a new Black Widow! The accents were not great, they could speak perfect American English at the start, but then only English with a strong Russian accent after which made no sense!
    A Russian person speaking with a Russian accent makes no sense?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    A Russian person speaking with a Russian accent makes no sense?
    A Russian person who learned a perfect English accent then goes back to speaking English with a Russian accent doesn't, seeing speaking is a muscle memory type thing.

  17. #197
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    A Russian person who learned a perfect English accent then goes back to speaking English with a Russian accent doesn't, seeing speaking is a muscle memory type thing.
    That's not how it works. People's accents can change and revert. It isn't really a muscle memory type thing.

    Otherwise, Actors would all lose their native accents if your logic was correct.

    Also, what do you think you are potentially spoiling with the spoiler tags? The movie is literally about a Russian character.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #198
    I also saw it today off some weird streaming website. Seemed just average, so I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Found myself fast forwarding through a lot of the 'family' talk and had less action than I was expecting.

    Also getting kinda tired of the woman in the end credit scene who keeps on trying to act like a big deal. Actress just doesn't pull it off compared to someone like Jeff Goldblum, seeing as they are both going for about the same personality.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-07-10 at 03:22 AM.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just saw it. Eh, it wasn't bad. Didn't really set my world on fire though. Just average.
    I had the same sentiments. First part of the movie was the best and probably the most grounded part as sort of a spy thriller... then the back-end of the movie turns into Marvel schlok, then into downright absurdity. It's one of those movies where your mindset goes from "Alright, this is good! Let's keep it up!" to "...no, don't do it... you were doing so well- gah, stop it, movie! Just stop-... and it's gone, so much for that, what else is on TV?"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That's not how it works. People's accents can change and revert. It isn't really a muscle memory type thing.

    Otherwise, Actors would all lose their native accents if your logic was correct.

    Also, what do you think you are potentially spoiling with the spoiler tags? The movie is literally about a Russian character.
    To put a context on accents, I actually have several due to living in different regions of the world. While exposure to different accents can change your 'default setting' a bit, it's very easy to switch between them based upon your environment. Basically, you tend to revert or change your accent based upon those around you.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  20. #200
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,678
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    To put a context on accents, I actually have several due to living in different regions of the world. While exposure to different accents can change your 'default setting' a bit, it's very easy to switch between them based upon your environment. Basically, you tend to revert or change your accent based upon those around you.
    Thank you for your excellent addition.

    I am just so confused on why they think accents wouldn't revert.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •