Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Looks Good!

My interest in such a movie diminished greatly when she died in End Game.

Why would I watch a movie about a dead protagonist?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    My interest in such a movie diminished greatly when she died in End Game.

Because May 1st is a friday n day off (workers day)? N Marvel has a high production value...

Hopefully all this Corona shit has stopped...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Because the film looks good? That's like saying "Why go and see Romeo and Juliet, we know they're just going to die at the end..."

Also, because there are rumours that the ending/post credit scene may reveal that there's more to Widow's end that we know. (and that she might still be "alive" inside the Soul stone)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Because May 1st is a friday n day off (workers day)? N Marvel has a high production value...

Hopefully all this Corona shit has stopped...
    Hint it won't have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Both of your comments are easily explained by the usual rampant and casual sexism in nerd culture, as I already mentioned
    Weird how people are excited for Black Widow almost like it has to do with the specific character and the angle pushed with her not her gender.

To me it has "Winter Soldier" vibe...that's a good thing.

And now it's officially on hold. The debate has now shifted to when will it be released. My best Guess is July 3rd assuming the theaters reopen the first of June. That gives them 4+ weeks to do P&A.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    And now it's officially on hold. The debate has now shifted to when will it be released. My best Guess is July 3rd assuming the theaters reopen the first of June. That gives them 4+ weeks to do P&A.
    if one thing the final 6 months of the year are going to be jam packed full of quality movies

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... Saw this coming, but still upset.

I know a lot of companies are skipping cinema and going right to streaming. But Marvel would lose WAY too much money doing that.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Damn... Saw this coming, but still upset.

I know a lot of companies are skipping cinema and going right to streaming. But Marvel would lose WAY too much money doing that.
    It may be some studios doing what you said but I doubt at this point that it's all that many. Universal seems the main studio to go down this road as far as unreleased content is concerned. Disney so far is staying the course which leaves WB and a bunch of smaller fish to be heard from. We'll see.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2020-03-18 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Universal seems the main studio to go down this road as far as unreleased content is concerned
    Universal is the main one SO FAR. Considering how badly Mulan flopped in China, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more films skipping the cinema, for now. I'll all depend on how the "Big" march releases do. If we get a couple of high profile flops, for movies that otherwise would have done well, I think we'll see more streamed new releases.

You are talking about the 1998 version of the film which, if you bothered to research this, was undermined by the Chinese government not allowing it to screen until Chinese New Years when all of the major Chinese releases occur.

Now there was a problem with the story diverging from what the audience was expecting but the performance is nowhere near what you are implying.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are talking about the 1998 version of the film which.
    No, I'm talking about the live action version which just came out a recently and grossed FAR less than it was projected to pull in.

Why the fuck would I be talking about the 1998 version?

No, I'm talking about the live action version which just came out a recently and grossed FAR less than it was projected to pull in.

Because the live action Mulan wasn't even scheduled for release until the end of the month in China, and that has been delayed due to the coronavirus.

I had no interest but I might watch it for David Harbour.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

This looks okay, but honestly I've never been interested in the character. BW was always the most boring one of the Avengers, and that's saying a lot with Hawkeye around. Heck we see 20 seconds of Red Guardian and I'm already more interested in him than in BW. I'm not paying money to watch this, but that doesn't mean it will suck.

Be fair.
    I once thought that Captain America would have been the most dull character in the MCU.

Why did you think the 2020 version had been released ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you think the 2020 version had been released ?
    Sorry, was getting my Disney films mixed up. Shouldn't post before Coffee. It was Onward, the new Pixar film, that had a really bad opening weekend. Like, historically bad.

The overarching point remains. Disney and it's subsidiaries are getting hit hard by public panic, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved their new releases to streams for a while. Especially as a lot of cinema chains are straight up closed, now.

Sorry, was getting my Disney films mixed up. Shouldn't post before Coffee. It was Onward, the new Pixar film, that had a really bad opening weekend. Like, historically bad.

The overarching point remains. Disney and it's subsidiaries are getting hit hard by public panic, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved their new releases to streams for a while. Especially as a lot of cinema chains are straight up closed, now.
    Ah I see. I can't agree. The films that they are doing early vod on have, afaik, all already been in theaters for a few weeks and the P & A money has been spent. They won't go straight to video on anything major unless there is no other choice imo. Small stuff is possible and well, maybe New Mutants.

But that said whenever we do get back to "normal" social behavior there's going to be too much product waiting for screens for things to be normal in the way the industry works. Somethings got to give. Possibilities include; a slowdown in productions to allow the "glut" to subside, movies being given less time in theaters before being thrown out for something new (unlikely imo), or as you've suggested. movement to some sort of streaming (only on a small scale imo). YMMV.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2020-03-19 at 11:41 AM.