Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Cillian Murphy is my favorite choice to play Dr. Doom from the Vegas list. Mortensen ten years ago? Sure. But he won't want to commit anymore than Fassbender. Christoph Waltz would be a long shot in any decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah, I feel that if they don't nail the casting for Doom this time around...they shouldn't even bother.
    I don't think it was casting so much as writing in the original 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I feel he might be just a little old for the part. Doom and Reed should be approximately the same age.
    Is his origin story even the same at this point? I feel like Doom has changed so much more than RR has in the actual comics world. I mean sure if they're going for the original vanilla story, but Doom has become so ridiculously convoluted in the comics. I mean even Apocalypse pre the very most recent issues was less convoluted than Doom's most recent background. It was like "Hmmm how do we compete with Doom's story for Apocalypse in 2020..... MORE DIMENSIONS AND HIS WIFE!"

5+ Year Old Account
    new trailer

I'm pretty sure they'll never get Doom right. He has too much passion...too much story. For one, he really needs to steal the show. He walks in...and it's an "oh shit!" moment. His first scene could be mysterious..as he casually kills some lowlife downloading some of Reed's files. But then shit needs to snowball, or shitball as the case should be. (A cameo from Mephisto would be nice but probably not necessary)

I don't know why, but using the Avengers theme for that trailer bothers me more than it probably should. Like...I get that that was a big part of who she became and the sort of redemption she might have felt she earned before she died, but the Avengers wasn't her story...so using that music doesn't feel very appropriate for what seems like it's supposed to be a more personal story for her.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't know why, but using the Avengers theme for that trailer bothers me more than it probably should. Like...I get that that was a big part of who she became and the sort of redemption she might have felt she earned before she died, but the Avengers wasn't her story...so using that music doesn't feel very appropriate for what seems like it's supposed to be a more personal story for her.
    It's between avengers movies, what do you mean? Do u have a problem with the rus theme or something? You don't have to watch movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    It's between avengers movies, what do you mean? Do u have a problem with the rus theme or something? You don't have to watch movie.
    Well, that escalated quickly.

Name a single time the Avengers theme has been used in a character's stand-alone movie. Good luck.

I have no idea how you get from "they should have given her her own theme" to "I don't want to watch the movie."

Name a single time the Avengers theme has been used in a character's stand-alone movie. Good luck.

I have no idea how you get from "they should have given her her own theme" to "I don't want to watch the movie."
    It very well could be that the music used in the trailer costs Disney nothing and music from the movie, at least music that would have
    been used here, would cost them. Never underestimate a bean counter when it comes to saving a buck. Another reason would be that
    they want the actual music used to be a surprise.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2021-04-04 at 09:47 PM.

I think it sounded pretty cool and is a nice send off for her character as an Avenger, even if it is her own story.

Separate note: I like the transition between the car exploding/fiery explosion in the air they did for the trailer.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    It very well could be that the music used in the trailer costs Disney nothing and music from the movie, at least music that would have been used here, would cost them. Never underestimate a bean counter when it comes to saving a buck.
    I could see it being a money thing if it didn't sound like a completely new arrangement. I don't remember ever hearing a vocal/choral version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Another reason would be that they want the actual music used to be a surprise.
    That's possible. Trailer music doesn't necessarily have to correspond to what you're actually going to hear in the movie. I'm just pointing out that I found it jarring to hear that theme used for a single character.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I think it sounded pretty cool and is a nice send off for her character as an Avenger, even if it is her own story.

Separate note: I like the transition between the car exploding/fiery explosion in the air they did for the trailer.
    I bet if this was iron man related, he wouldn't be here complaining, but he's one of the usual suspects, just look at his post history.

I bet if this was iron man related, he wouldn't be here complaining, but he's one of the usual suspects, just look at his post history.
    The fact that they ditched the theme from Iron Man 1 after that movie is one of the things I was most disappointed about with the MCU. They use Captain America's theme throughout the rest of those movies (and I'm pretty sure I've heard bits of it here and there when Steve is having a moment in the Avengers movies) and it was a great way to tie everything together for that character...but they never gave Tony anything similar. I mean for fuck's sake, even that eerie Winter Soldier motif got some play in the most recent episode of Falcon & The Winter Soldier when he was pulping goons in that bar.

See where making dumbass assumptions gets you?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-04-05 at 09:34 AM.

I heard that there was a huge scandal about this, that there is a lot of sexism in this film and in general that there are a lot of problems, I thought to watch it today, but I don’t know for sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they ditched the theme from Iron Man 1 after that movie is one of the things I was most disappointed about with the MCU. They use Captain America's theme throughout the rest of those movies (and I'm pretty sure I've heard bits of it here and there when Steve is having a moment in the Avengers movies) and it was a great way to tie everything together for that character...but they never gave Tony anything similar. I mean for fuck's sake, even that eerie Winter Soldier motif got some play in the most recent episode of Falcon & The Winter Soldier when he was pulping goons in that bar.

See where making dumbass assumptions gets you?
    They didn't honor tony stark? Lol?

Don't play obtuse, nobody was talking about old movies. You don't know if this is just trailer music, regardless, deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HowrdJns89 View Post
    I heard that there was a huge scandal about this, that there is a lot of sexism in this film and in general that there are a lot of problems, I thought to watch it today, but I don’t know for sure.
    You was going to watch a movie that comes out in july, today? Cool story, bro

Quote Originally Posted by HowrdJns89 View Post
    I'd watch it today in a heart beat if it was actually released.

It's super weird to me that there's a heated discussion because someone was non-plussed about trailer music (reads like someone is just itching for an internet argument imo. I mean god forbid someone doesn't like something)

But just to add 2 cents to the general topic of trailer music - studios OFTEN, I mean often, use music in trailers that are never in the movie. Hell, a lot of studios use music from completely different films in trailers. I'm a big fan of musical scores, so this used to drive me nuts - I'd be in the theater and catch a trailer for ActionMovie351 and hear a track from the Braveheart score, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Is her sister supposed to be like, the new Black Window or something? Is this movie kinda introducing her for that?
    Very possible. Without diving into the details, she was a Black Widow in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    It's super weird to me that there's a heated discussion because someone was non-plussed about trailer music (reads like someone is just itching for an internet argument imo. I mean god forbid someone doesn't like something)

But just to add 2 cents to the general topic of trailer music - studios OFTEN, I mean often, use music in trailers that are never in the movie. Hell, a lot of studios use music from completely different films in trailers. I'm a big fan of musical scores, so this used to drive me nuts - I'd be in the theater and catch a trailer for ActionMovie351 and hear a track from the Braveheart score, and so on.
    Interesting marketing trick. Rarely is movie music not in the background to me, so if it hadn’t been pointed out I would have thought nothing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Rarely is movie music not in the background to me, so if it hadn’t been pointed out I would have thought nothing of it.
    I've been interested in stuff like this since my obsession with the Chrono Trigger and FF6 music back in the day. I can see how other people wouldn't care, though.