Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Black Widow

Looks decent. Does nothing to quell my irrational dislike of Johansson, though.

That guy in the skull mask is supposed to be Taskmaster, I assume? I don't know anything about that character outside of seeing him swing around on that rope in UMvC3...

I like that tune

Hmm, I'm still not sure if the character of Black Widow is interesting enough to carry her own movie, but I'm also not a huge fan of spy movies. Doesn't look bad by any means (besides the hero landing after jumping out of a helicopter, that just looked cringy). That being said, the only thing that really interested me in the trailer was the shlubby russian spandex guy, that guy looked like he could be funny .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need this movie, exactly? Black Widow is dead (thank god), why would we even need to to know about her past more for the future Marvel movies.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks decent. I was worried they were going to nerf Taskmaster, to make Widow able to handle him, but it looks like she's just going to get some help, instead.

Harbour looks great as Captain Soviet.

I'm guessing either Taskmaster gets beaten 3/4 through, and the other Red Room agents end up being the real villains

OR

Taskmaster kills Guardian, which makes Nat angry enough to win.

And that's why none of them show up in Endgame.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Looks pretty good. Her white suit, brief glimpse and all, looks awesome.

I think it looks like a wannabe Mission Impossible movie, to be bluntly honest.

At least they have David Harbour for some comic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Looks decent. Does nothing to quell my irrational dislike of Johansson, though.

That guy in the skull mask is supposed to be Taskmaster, I assume? I don't know anything about that character outside of seeing him swing around on that rope in UMvC3...
    Irrational as it is, why is it that you dislike her? Can't help but wonder.

It’s gonna be sad when they show her in the soul stone in the after credits
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Irrational as it is, why is it that you dislike her? Can't help but wonder.
    She's so like...wooden and monotone in everything. I don't know. I could understand if she didn't actually want to be in these MCU movies and was just phoning it in, but certainly she's had ample opportunity in the past decade to get out of whatever contract she signed if that's the case...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why do we need this movie, exactly? Black Widow is dead (thank god), why would we even need to to know about her past more for the future Marvel movies.
    Probably to "pass on the torch" to other actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only took 10 years.... Jesus!

Still happy to see it. Always loved the Black Widow character.

Also is David Harbour supposed to be Red Guardian?

Last edited by Orby; 2019-12-03 at 01:18 PM.

She's so like...wooden and monotone in everything. I don't know. I could understand if she didn't actually want to be in these MCU movies and was just phoning it in, but certainly she's had ample opportunity in the past decade to get out of whatever contract she signed if that's the case...
    She does seem a little bit like a one trick pony, but I enjoy her most of the time. Seeing her in MCU movies was a bit weird at first, but she fits in. I am surprised she decided to go on to the next phase though.

That guy in the skull mask is supposed to be Taskmaster, I assume?
    That was my thought too, although I didn't see any sword or shield that's kind of his trademark. But he does do pretty much everything, so maybe a bow isn't out of the question?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I think it looks like a wannabe Mission Impossible movie, to be bluntly honest.
    I was sorta thinking Atomic Blonde. But then again, my crush on Charlize Theron is super strong, so that mighta had an influence. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That was my thought too, although I didn't see any sword or shield that's kind of his trademark. But he does do pretty much everything, so maybe a bow isn't out of the question?
    He has a bow.

He has a bow.
    That's what I was wondering about. WHY does he have a bow instead of his signature sword and shield?

I'm gonna watch it. I would watch it for my city alone.

He has a bow.
    Couldn't that be Hawkeye?

I'll watch it because it's a Marvel movie, but man do I dislike her as a concept of a "superhero".
    Thor is a literal god, and doctor strange can use magic.
    Black Widow though, she can shoot bows and guns.
    It just feels so, "meh"?
    Then again, I still think the movie looks ok from the trailer, so I'll have to see how it turns out!