Poll: Will Ion be replaced?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Shadowlands - Ion's final expansion?

Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?
    guys! It's my turn tomorrow to create a thread like this one.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

3+ Year Old Account
    They start development of 2 expansions ahead whilst working on the current one. So Ion's final worked on expansion will be 2 from Shadowlands if he was ought to step down

Not that he should. I think the WoW panel from this years Blizzcon showed his enthusiasm and passion for the game for probably the first time.
    Last edited by Rivex; 2019-12-03 at 08:50 AM. Reason: grammar

How do we know BfA was a colossal failure?

BfA success is what I like to call, a "players interpretat(ion)" on how successful it is. It might not be as good as the more popular ones, but saying it's a colossal failure, or a failure at all is something we don't really know. If he will lead more expansions? Don't know. I am going to go with yes. I highly doubt that Ion would be the one that Blizzard will blame for the recent expansions. Legion was well received by players and had a healthy player-base for the whole expansion, Ion was leading that since Legion launch, and was an Assistant Game Director during Legion's development.

Ion have a good amount of power sure, but an expansions success is a team-effort.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    guys! It's my turn tomorrow to create a thread like this one.
    no I shotgunned the December 4 slot ages ago! you can have December 5

7+ Year Old Account
    This site is in dire need of a new sub forum: Feels > Reals.

one can only hope

Wasn't he the head for most of Legion? And if my memory recalls, the end of Legion was at its peak due to the systems improving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think BfA is a "colossal" failure?

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Wasn't he the head for most of Legion? And if my memory recalls, the end of Legion was at its peak due to the systems improving.
    legion was garbage too. RNG artifacts, endless AP grind, out of control WF/TF, all but ignored PVP side, etc. and most of them have only gotten worse. legion had a few good late additions that people liked, but before then, EVERYONE hated legion, until the last patch it was widely considered to be as bad or worse than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    legion was garbage too. RNG artifacts, endless AP grind, out of control WF/TF, all but ignored PVP side, etc. and most of them have only gotten worse. legion had a few good late additions that people liked, but before then, EVERYONE hated legion, until the last patch it was widely considered to be as bad or worse than WoD.
    Just like any other expansion before that. Since TBC. Nice one tho.

Not likely. Popular game - isn't their goal now. Maximum profit is. And there are two ways to maximize profit: 1) Make good game 2) Minimize costs. Which way is easier? And Ion does his job pretty well. He lies to his customers like real lawyer. They keep playing, not realizing, that game becomes worse and worse and that their money go into development of mobile games.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-12-03 at 09:33 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    nonsense. tbc was well likely the entire way through, wotlk got worse as it went on, with icc being a slight improvement. ulduar was still better. cata started very strong and got worse as it went on. need i go on?

I really don't know how to argue with someone who makes up and changes facts. But hey, you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    exactly

It’s a game made by a whole team, not one person.

Not only that he’s a team lead at a major corporation, which means his hands are likely pretty tied to what the higher ups want from the game.

BFA wasn’t innately that bad, just poorly executed in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    This site is in dire need of a new sub forum: Feels > Reals.
    More a fantasy/conspiracy one than "Reals"

- - - Updated - - -

Only in your mind.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

10+ Year Old Account

People passing off their opinions as garbage is garbage... and what you (and others like you) fail to understand if Ion was replaced right this second you'd feel his influence in Shadowlands, in the expansion after that, AND the expansion after that (yes, they DO work that far in advance) What you (and others of your flavor) further fail to understand what you are seeing is a TEAM effort, not just Ion saying 'ok guys this is what we are going to do and this is how I want you to do it'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure whether to roll my eyes at the stupidity of this post or to feel badly for people who are actually this clueless about game development, yet still try to discuss it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I liked legion sans AP

So don't try to speak for me lol
    Until you are friendly enough and close enough to me to help me aim my morning piss stream don't assume my opinions