Poll: Will Ion be replaced?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Becuase, you know the reports all point towards BfA doing well.
    Please don't lie.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You are trying too hard to defend Ion's bullshit. He does have the final say since thats his job. Now we could also write a novel about how that went down in Bfa and all the cancer he greenlighted. Who are you gonna blame the bfa systems on? The story guy? The cleaning lady ?
    Nice comeback after i called you out on your own mistake. /S

I am not defending anyone, but you are assuming its only Ion making the call.

And since Blizzard is a big ass gaming business with a lot of interest in doing well, there wont be 1 person responsible for such decisions. So declaring that Ion and Ion alone decided on which systems made the cut and destroyed BFA according to you, is just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    2 obvious things that are official at least
    1- they flat out admit that they f8cked up in pruning and it went too far this exp, his own words that no matter how good the world is, as long ur vessel - the player - sucks, u can't enjoy it
    2- vanilla numbers beat BFA by miles, that's a 15 years old game, doubt if vanilla was released in legion would even be remotely closed
    that said i doubt it is Ion fault, because if u see his interview ages ago when he was still raider, then see his actions as game director, they are exact opposite, if anything, Ion showed me his position is just a puppet whose strings is the highers in command and he just do what they tell him to do
    Yeah, no, where did they say they fucked up with pruning? Gone too far on something, that's all they said. Not sure why some few people think that giving some niche abilities back says anything about "OH MY WE FUCKED IT UP GUYS" from the devs, which they haven't said at all. Stop being hyperbolic.

There is nothing obvious about it. And this coming from me who loved Legion classes way more than BfA classes. We can't say that BfA was a colossal failure, not since 8.2 did so good and 8.3 is continuing that trend in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    We can't say that BfA was a colossal failure, not since 8.2 did so good and 8.3 is continuing that trend in popularity.
    It's amazing that there's another planet, that you apparently live on, that also has a game expansion called "BfA".

Here on Planet Earth, BfA is doing poorly, possibly even disastrously. Look at raid participation.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's amazing that there's another planet, that you apparently live on, that also has a game expansion called "BfA".

Here on Planet Earth, BfA is doing poorly, possibly even disastrously. Look at raid participation.
    Just like I can't know how good, how can you know?

You are totally missing the point. Colossal failure and doing less good than Legion for example is 2 entirely different things. You learn that on your planet?

I can look at general sentiment and also the specific numbers for raid participation, which are available from tracking sites.

So you tell me, how can YOU know that "8.2 did so good and 8.3 is continuing that trend in popularity"? I think you pulled those statements out of your ass.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

You are totally missing the point. Colossal failure and doing less good than Legion for example is 2 entirely different things. You learn that on your planet?
    Subjective opinion.

You might not like BFA or Legion or both, and others might think both are great expansions to play the game.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-12-04 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Nice comeback after i called you out on your own mistake. /S

I am not defending anyone, but you are assuming its only Ion making the call.

And since Blizzard is a big ass gaming business with a lot of interest in doing well, there wont be 1 person responsible for such decisions. So declaring that Ion and Ion alone decided on which systems made the cut and destroyed BFA according to you, is just not right.
    So you are a Bfa fanboy as well. Makes sense. Who else could attempt to defend Ion in this day and age.

Subjective opinion.

You might not like BFA or Legion or both, and others might think both are great expansions to play the game.
    Stop making up your opinion as facts.
    And where did I state my opinion as fact? It's almost like you people have given up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you are a Bfa fanboy as well. Makes sense. Who else could attempt to defend Ion in this day and age.
    Hahahaha, so you moved towards insults and calling names.
    Instead of the argument and bringing in some proper reasons or proof.

Amazing.

I can look at general sentiment and also the specific numbers for raid participation, which are available from tracking sites.

So you tell me, how can YOU know that "8.2 did so good and 8.3 is continuing that trend in popularity"? I think you pulled those statements out of your ass.
    Blizzard said so. And even the most naysaying streamers are looking at it in a positive way. I can also look at the general sentiment. That 8.2 was a huge improvement. But let's just say it's from my ass so you can live good on your planet.

Can you link me the numbers btw? I know it was slightly less in BoD compared to Nighthold, how was it for EP compared to ToS?

I even think BfA is as mediocre as it gets. It doesn't have to be EPIC or shit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    And where did I state my opinion as fact? It's almost like you people have given up.
    Wrong quote / copy + pasta. the opinion / fact thing wasnt meant for that post.

Sowwy!

Wrong quote / copy + pasta. the opinion / fact thing wasnt meant for that post.

Sowwy!
    No worries, I do mistakes too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, so you moved towards insults and calling names.
    Instead of the argument and bringing in some proper reasons or proof.

Amazing.
    Did you get triggered for getting called out or just imagined you can low-key defend Ion ?
    I described to you how software development works. I also worked in the game development . You on the other hand just try too hard to defend Ion's actions that ruined wow with absolutely nothing of substance.

If Ion is the one in charge of the product and the product is bad then Ion would be the one removed from the product. It is irrelevant if there are 10 other people brainstorming what to change, and another 100 people doing the leg work to implement those changes. All irrelevant.

Being in charge has rewards when things go well and risks when things dont go well.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you get triggered for getting called out or just imagined you can low-key defend Ion ?
    I described to you how software development works. I also worked in the game development . You on the other hand just try too hard to defend Ion's actions that ruined wow with absolutely nothing of substance.
    I didnt get triggered at all.

Simply thinking that 1 person and 1 person alone is making all decisions on his own... wether it is in the gaming industry or whatever else industry means you are delusional.
    Since a multi-million (or whatever number) business wont let 1 person decide what is good for the business. Thats just not how it works in any way.

Ion is responsible for delivering the product in time, make sure it hits the targets set by whoever is in charge of that (shareholders) and to keep on budget / schedule.

I already said the above a couple of times.

And how am i defending Ion? I never said i do agree or disagree with the current direction of the game or its systems.
    So once again, you are assuming that i do like all of the systems or like BFA a lot, in the same way you are assuming it is only Ion making the decisions on such a big thing as WoW.

Reasons / proper substance has been provided multiple times. You did choose to ignore all the substance given.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-12-04 at 12:08 PM.

Only way he will get fired is if he refuses to put items in the shop and we know that isn't happening.

And how raid participation define the success of an xpac?

I do not raid because it is too much time commitment while I love mm+.

Blizzard said so.
    Oh you dear sweet summer child. What exactly did they say, btw?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    They start development of 2 expansions ahead whilst working on the current one. So Ion's final worked on expansion will be 2 from Shadowlands if he was ought to step down

Not that he should. I think the WoW panel from this years Blizzcon showed his enthusiasm and passion for the game for probably the first time.
    Keep in mind, that is merely conceptual ideas. For example, Warlords of Draenor originally started as a Outlands revisit where Garrosh would use some magic to revive the former clan leaders, rather than Alternate Dimension Time travel bs it turned out to be. It was very different than what the final product ended up being.

So yes, they are working on the 2 expansions after Shadowlands, but if Ion steps down, his ideas will could range from implemented to ignored.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code