Poll: Will Ion be replaced?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not ION's fault for everything. Stop blaming him, he is the game director but many things don't come just from him, and he literally is one of the people left that understands the game, if he goes out, then the game will be probably even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm not sure whether to roll my eyes at the stupidity of this post or to feel badly for people who are actually this clueless about game development, yet still try to discuss it.
    Ikr... I feel people just decide to put their hate on Ion all the time. He tries the best he can. And tbh i'm tired of seeing him shaking everytime he explains something to the public, he was super nervous on blizzcon, and he was super nervous everytime he had to explain stuff on his videos of "implemented stuff".

The man shakes all over, you can see it everywhere. He looks scared. He can be calm and have a laugh, but when it's about this, he gets a bit scared of the community and how they will react to him. At blizzcon the guy was shaking so much i was feeling sorry for him.

Even Preach that does videos about Acti-blizz being the devil, he was on a interview with him, and he wasn't shacking as much, because preach didn't act like a jerk and established the important points without sounding angry or insulting Ion in anyway.

Last edited by Shakana; 2019-12-03 at 10:19 AM.

Dat reaction damn it was so good, also Ion is doing a great job I don't see why people are constantly wanting to blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?
    How is BFA a failure? Because Warfronts and Isles were bad? I like the dungeons, I like mm+, I like the gameplay and I like the raids (well, granted I did not like the aethestics of Uldir).

From a financial standpoint BFA wasn't failure at all.
    From a gameplay standpoint, it was quite underwhelming and it was a step down coming from a Legion.
    From a content delivery standpoint, it was pretty good.
    From a content quality standpoint, it was mostly ok-ish. New mechanics as Island Expeditions and Warfronts turned out to be quite underwhelming and tedious but raids were spot on.
    So saying that BFA was/is a failure is ridiculous at the best, even though I haven't play the game for over a month, I can still see the appeal and just because I personally don't enjoy the game, calling it objectively failure would be stupid.

ion gtg 4 rl
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Just like any other expansion before that. Since TBC. Nice one tho.
    Vanilla was like that too. Don't leave it out.

OT: Ion will stick around as long as he can psychologically handle being the scapegoat. Just like everyone that had his job before him.

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    From a financial standpoint BFA wasn't failure at all.
    From a gameplay standpoint, it was quite underwhelming and it was a step down coming from a Legion.
    From a content delivery standpoint, it was pretty good.
    From a content quality standpoint, it was mostly ok-ish. New mechanics as Island Expeditions and Warfronts turned out to be quite underwhelming and tedious but raids were spot on.
    So saying that BFA was/is a failure is ridiculous at the best, even though I haven't play the game for over a month, I can still see the appeal and just because I personally don't enjoy the game, calling it objectively failure would be stupid.
    This was certainly the true and actual reason why i hate BfA. Many systems that worked out on Legion, don't work in BfA and the theme is underwhelming, and the theme that it should have been, just full old gods theme, no Sylvanas and factions related, no AP, (and no tier sets removal), then i would be playing much more happy.

Ofc, just because i think BfA failed me and other people, i don't want to say it's a failure too. But even tho i feel like it is overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjonesy View Post
    Dat reaction damn it was so good, also Ion is doing a great job I don't see why people are constantly wanting to blame him.
    Part of his job position's role is being the scapegoat(AKA, PR face). It happened with Greg Street and Jeff Kaplan before him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nah, BfA is the fastest selling expansion to date. The real problem with this game are the morons writing the story.

And if Ion would step down and another take over, i bet it would atleast take 2-3 min before everything people dont like with Wow is the new ones fault and people start screaming for him to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Part of his job position's role is being the scapegoat(AKA, PR face). It happened with Greg Street and Jeff Kaplan before him as well.
    Must be really shitty to feel like you are a scapegoat,when it's not just you doing everything and for others failures, to cover it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nah, BfA is the fastest selling expansion to date. The real problem with this game are the morons writing the story.
    I agree, the writers out of all workers in wow, are the worse. Designers are well fine, for example (even tho i don't like Nazjatar and all but....) i feel like the story is so messed up in BfA, i sometimes remember BfA only for it's dinosaurs, pirates and faction war, and today, i feel like i'm on a old god expansion instead, but with the same system of previous content about faction wars. BfA could easily be about old gods only and even have another name. And how stories are even written, you feel there's a gap in everything. They could go further before all this and explain before hand, why Sylvanas was such a strong character, and not talking about being the warchief, but more like, if you're doing a fan service, at least do it properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Will Shadowlands be the final expansion that Ion is the lead on? After the colossal failure that BfA turned out to be, there's a lot riding on Shadowlands. But so far, it seems most people are heavily underwhelmed by the Shadowlands already.

Will we see a new lead dev during Shadowlands or will Ion survive yet another expansion?
    You know, to get an impression on how "most people" feels about Shadowlands, you can't really be on MMO champion. You're claiming to know what the majority of players feel, yet you don't present any evidence or anything to back up your arguments. Which, sadly, is entirely expected considering what the thread is about.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Must be really shitty to feel like you are a scapegoat,when it's not just you doing everything and for others failures, to cover it up.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. The fact threads like this exist is pretty compelling evidence Ion is a scapegoat, and he had to know it was part of the job because there's no way Greg Street didn't warn him when he got it.

So if the story was written a little more coherently you would have enjoyed the multitude of things people overwhelmingly complained about:

• Boring class design
    • tedious islands
    • tedious warfronts
    • tedious AP grind
    • azrerite armor
    • Essence rep grinding
    • RNG
    • Nazjatar being nothing but a boring and repetitive WQ zone with nothing else to do

I see, the real problem was the narrative lol.

That said, people love to use hyperbole with regards to BfA.
    Last edited by Temp1on2; 2019-12-03 at 11:15 AM.

I’m with you, as much as I loved mythic raiding, I just can’t invest in a game like WoW when the story is this woeful. What we know in the past gets changed so often that it makes it difficult for me to care for current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    So if the story was written a little more coherently you would have enjoyed the multitude of things people overwhelmingly complained about:

• Boring class design
    • tedious islands
    • tedious warfronts
    • tedious AP grind
    • azrerite armor
    • Essence rep grinding
    • RNG
    • Nazjatar being nothing but a boring and repetitive WQ zone with nothing else to do

I see, the real problem was the narrative lol.

That said, people love to use hyperbole with regards to BfA.
    I know it’s not me quoted, but yes I would enjoy it. I don’t mind a grind if the story can justify a grind. BFA is the first time I have ever felt so disconnected from the story, which made me lose all motivation to grind or even raid mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    legion was garbage too. RNG artifacts, endless AP grind, out of control WF/TF, all but ignored PVP side, etc. and most of them have only gotten worse. legion had a few good late additions that people liked, but before then, EVERYONE hated legion, until the last patch it was widely considered to be as bad or worse than WoD.
    The best part about this post is the time when you took a very minority forum opinion and expanded it to EVERYONE.

I loved Legion, even the janky legendary drop rate, and a lot of people did too. There are legitimate criticisms of Legion, but no one I know “hated” it.

The same is true for BfA. There are some legitimate criticisms, but the “universal disdain” is only found in the bitter, lonely forum crowd which is never happy and lives only to create corporate conspiracy theories and dunk on a game they may not even play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    They start development of 2 expansions ahead whilst working on the current one. So Ion's final worked on expansion will be 2 from Shadowlands if he was ought to step down

Not that he should. I think the WoW panel from this years Blizzcon showed his enthusiasm and passion for the game for probably the first time.
    I really, REALLY dont't believe this "2 Expansions ahead" thing anymore. The story of the game is way too incohesive for that to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one of you fine people could take his place and make Warcraft great again?

At 5.40 gives me the chill, all the people just WOOOOOAH!

It does look great, I was like WOOOOAH myself sitting alone home watching it :>

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not ION's fault for everything. Stop blaming him, he is the game director but many things don't come just from him, and he literally is one of the people left that understands the game, if he goes out, then the game will be probably even worse.

Ikr... I feel people just decide to put their hate on Ion all the time. He tries the best he can. And tbh i'm tired of seeing him shaking everytime he explains something to the public, he was super nervous on blizzcon, and he was super nervous everytime he had to explain stuff on his videos of "implemented stuff".

The man shakes all over, you can see it everywhere. He looks scared. He can be calm and have a laugh, but when it's about this, he gets a bit scared of the community and how they will react to him. At blizzcon the guy was shaking so much i was feeling sorry for him.

Uninformed dumbasses who don't understand game design, and so they single Ion out just like they singled out GC, like they singled out Holinka, etc - like they're these monarchs sitting in a throne in their offices forcing their singular vision on the game.

And that's just not how it works, but good luck getting the manbabies to put down their pitchforks and torches and angry Youtube videos.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.