Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I mean, they've all been out for like 40 years so it's pretty common knowledge and an easy thing to look up.
    Yeah, you're right. I should've looked up the meaning of the title, because that would've explained the game play mechanics right away.

You people are amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You should read a post and attempt to comprehend it before replying to it. If you think the original RE3 was some ground breaking masterpiece that the remake does a disservice to you're wrong, sorry. I could give a fuck less about RE3, it's where the series starting going crazy and by Code Veronica is fully flew the coup.
    Wasn't code veronica considered one of the better episodes, though? I know I loved it.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Never played the original series besides Code Veronica on the Dreamcast.
    My statement still stands. Since literally everyone I know that is a gamer, even People that have never played a Resident Evil game, know who Nemesis is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Everyone who is saying "well the original was an expansion to 2" needs to then accept that this game is way overpriced for what's on offer.

Not to mention the fact that they should have taken this time to actually improve it so that it's more distinct. As it stands, the areas, enemies and combat looks nearly identical to 2 without any of the charm.
    I agree. Having played through most of it in about 4 hours, it should have been a $35-40 at best.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    My statement still stands. Since literally everyone I know that is a gamer, even People that have never played a Resident Evil game, know who Nemesis is.
    Well, I didn't, so your "point" is about as valid as a donkey's navel lint.

Anyway, now I know I should only play the free version.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-03-31 at 03:51 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Everyone who is saying "well the original was an expansion to 2" needs to then accept that this game is way overpriced for what's on offer.

Not to mention the fact that they should have taken this time to actually improve it so that it's more distinct. As it stands, the areas, enemies and combat looks nearly identical to 2 without any of the charm.
    Theres some leaks coming out that are getting the tin foil engine going that this is just a proof of concept for ideas for a RE4 remake. Which a lot of it could be bullshit but i'll be damned if The nemesis putting parasites in zombies to turn them into tentacle head monsters isn't just a Adult Las Plagas animation

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theres some leaks coming out that are getting the tin foil engine going that this is just a proof of concept for ideas for a RE4 remake. Which a lot of it could be bullshit but i'll be damned if The nemesis putting parasites in zombies to turn them into tentacle head monsters isn't just a Adult Las Plagas animation
    RE4 doesn't need a remake, it could just go with a remaster and improved controls. I've played it recently and it's aged pretty well minus the damn controls.

Last RE that could really use a remake would be CV, but I hope they move on to other IP like Dino Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    RE4 doesn't need a remake, it could just go with a remaster and improved controls. I've played it recently and it's aged pretty well minus the damn controls.

Last RE that could really use a remake would be CV, but I hope they move on to other IP like Dino Crisis.
    Oh yeah theres a few things in game that are RE4 easter eggs and the overwhelming response to them i've seen on twitter is "EY YO DINO CRISIS THO" and i agree it needs it more since they confirmed there is another remake being made at capcom.

Though personally i would like a RE4 with the tone of REmake 2 with way more woodland stuff, but i also would prefer a zero set entirely in the mountains rather than a copy mansion or an outbreak file 3 but its up to capcom and RE4 is their skyrim after all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I understand some of the spoiler free reviews of the game, in regards to Nemesis anyways. Making him a more consistent presence like Mr.X in RE2 Remake would actually be pretty unfaithful to the original as I remember the original RE3 anyways. Dialing him back some in the entry parts of the game and removing the 'action sequence' where you pick from one of two options really doesn't bother me in the slightest (it barely changed the game, and allowed you to avoid Nemesis but you gave up potential supplies/upgrades). Personally felt that the option system in the original was one of the worst features if I'm being completely honest, and streamlining that doesn't really bother me at all.

The only other 'negative' I've heard about the game is the removal of some puzzles. To be quite honest, there are only a few puzzles in all of the RE games that have stuck in my head for decades, and none of them are memorable in RE3 except the water plant one at the end. That one was incredibly hard for 14 year old me, but if I'm being honest, the removal of that puzzle wouldn't really make or break the game to me.

Costumes I don't care about and RE games have never been games that take an exceptionally long time to beat, especially when you're playing a Remake of a game that's somewhat faithful to the original. I see people both complaining that it deviates from the original by quite a bit as a bad thing, while also complaining that the game is short despite being apparent veterans of the series. I don't know about you, but when I went and played RE2 Remake it wasn't exactly a long game. Did I forget a lot of shit in nearly 20 years? Yeah, but there were things that were incredibly familiar to me.

I think a lot of the hype of RE3 back in the day comes from Nemesis and Nemesis alone. The 'fear' factor of the character is no longer the case and the feature of said character was used as a template of sorts when they redid aspects of Mr.X in the Remake of the game. RE2 and RE3 to me were always pretty much the same game, with RE3 feeling a lot faster paced (and apparently, this holds true again). The hype of the game lives and dies with Nemesis alone, and considering it's not a new feature I can completely understand why this Remake might not feel as revolutionary as RE2 remake.

Personally to me Code Veronica is one of the better entries in the series in a lot of aspects. It maintains all of the aspects which made the first three very good and the best thing about it is it's relative length compared to other games in the series. The shittiest part about it however is how it kind of flies off the rails in regards to the story/direction of the series when you're reaching the end of the game.

In the end I'm going to pick up RE3 regardless, and quite honestly, if it's different than the original at parts (like it sounds like it is), well, that doesn't really bother me at all. I really don't want to play the same game from 1999 with spruced up graphics, I actually would be sort of annoyed if this was the case. I feel like a lot of the people who are upset with RE3 (early reviews) are the same people who were upset with no spiders in RE2 remake or the crocodile boss being essentially cut out.

To each their own though. Even if the game ends up being 10-20% worse than the RE2 remake, that's still pretty high praise. My hopes in the future is Code Veronica getting the same treatment, but with liberties taken in regards to changing aspects and potential story of the game (it needs it).

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I'm not sure I understand some of the spoiler free reviews of the game, in regards to Nemesis anyways. Making him a more consistent presence like Mr.X in RE2 Remake would actually be pretty unfaithful to the original as I remember the original RE3 anyways. Dialing him back some in the entry parts of the game and removing the 'action sequence' where you pick from one of two options really doesn't bother me in the slightest (it barely changed the game, and allowed you to avoid Nemesis but you gave up potential supplies/upgrades). Personally felt that the option system in the original was one of the worst features if I'm being completely honest, and streamlining that doesn't really bother me at all.
    The issue is that they got rid of the "random" element to Nemesis' appearances. In the original, depending on your choices Nemesis could surprise you at certain points and while he was still predictable this did allow his encounters to be a surprise in your first couple of playthroughs. But now after you play through once you pretty much have seen all you can see and there are no more surprises which is a shame.

That said I did not want them to make him like Mr. X as I thought he was the worst part of the RE2 Remake. Yeah, he was scary at first but he quickly becomes more of an annoyance that forces you to rush through the police station so you don't have to deal with him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I agree. Having played through most of it in about 4 hours, it should have been a $35-40 at best.
    Personally I always thought even when they first showed RE2 remake at E32018 the RE3 remake if made should have been an expansion to RE2R. I'm not one to go on about length, but you can't follow up a 4 campaign game with a 2(if the madhouse style levels are true that'll basically mean playing like re2 remake b scenarios) campaign game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The issue is that they got rid of the "random" element to Nemesis' appearances. In the original, depending on your choices Nemesis could surprise you at certain points and while he was still predictable this did allow his encounters to be a surprise in your first couple of playthroughs. But now after you play through once you pretty much have seen all you can see and there are no more surprises which is a shame.

That said I did not want them to make him like Mr. X as I thought he was the worst part of the RE2 Remake. Yeah, he was scary at first but he quickly becomes more of an annoyance that forces you to rush through the police station so you don't have to deal with him anymore.
    Worse. Once you knew what you were doing he basically became a non issue. The only time now Mr x can be an annoyance is after you get the electronic piece from the clock tower and he decides to be just outside the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Worse. Once you knew what you were doing he basically became a non issue. The only time now Mr x can be an annoyance is after you get the electronic piece from the clock tower and he decides to be just outside the door.
    He will be there if you shoot the zombies there, attracting him, afaik.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    He will be there if you shoot the zombies there, attracting him, afaik.
    I think it is mostly running. I've never shot the zombie that hides behind the pillar that's by the clocktower door. I normally put it down to being too slow in the library so he sees me go in, gets confused since he can't enter so he walks off to the locked door on other side and comes back while I'm doing the puzzle.

Not complaining though, gave me the best jump death in the game as claire, as I ran out the door and was met with a fist to the face almost "Surprise Motherfucker." style.

Well, got my copy ordered through GMG, LET'S GO APRIL 3!

Got mine digitally since again there was some fucky shit with the uk release of the special edition and its wierd that REsistance is a totally separate game you download on its own. I assumed it was more of a 'heres the additional license to play this on the same application' kind of thing. I hope its good but my expectations for it are super low, i just want a Dead by Daylight alternative to not die within the first two months for once.

7+ Year Old Account
    Capcom confirmed there are no preloads for RE3. So gotta wait till midnight tonight to download.

Just went live here and i just turned it on to take a quick look and holy shit this thing makes my base PS4s fan explode like a motherfucker. Only other thing that does it this bad is Dead by Daylights start screen and thats apparently because the devs can't cap the framerate on it for some reason. This feels like theres going to be a performance patch in the next day or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    *laughs in oc'd 2080 super and water cooled cpu*

Can this download just pop up already I want to play!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game was awesome, took me about 8 1/2 hours without any spoiling the game for myself. Loads of things I missed along the way too.

It's actually hard for me to gauge how much different it is from the original because I haven't played the original in years, and somethings just mesh together way too much that I might have not noticed similarities. Without spoiling too much I'll say the following things.

-Clock tower isn't really in the game, even though you go there.
    -Nemesis is just as relentless, if not more so in the remake.
    -The hospital section seemed way bigger, as did the lab/factory area in the end.
    -Streets of Racoon City might be smaller, but harder to tell.

TLDR; The game basically hits on every major location, changes the narrative a bit (you actually like all the characters), and while some locations are smaller or absent (the clock tower), other areas are made a lot bigger.

Great game, I think RE2 Remake was better, but not by a lot.

I got the second game last year and while it was beautifully made I really had no interest in playing it lol.