Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Games you would like to play again but can't for some reason

So I was thinking some really old games I have played. I came to remember probably first fantasy rpg game that I played. It was on ye olde nintendo 8bit. It is probably few decades since it last functioned. Not sure, if it is even somewhere anymore.

The game was Faxanadu!

Literally the game that made me like fantasy stuff and rpgs! I would totally love to play it.

I'm sure there is somewhere pirated roms or something that I could make work, but I dont think its allowed to spread that sort of stuff on these forums.

I still remember the game musics. I can still remember all the parts of the game and how places in it looked and all sorts of secrets I found. I played that game too much. Far too much.

Any games you have played, but can't anymore?

Most of these will not run because they are 32bit, I have considered making a 32 bit machine maybe all the way back to windows 98 meh.

Baldies
    This means War!
    Sim Tower
    Enemy Nations
    Magic and Mayhem
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Cannot find a working ROM for Premier League Manager 2000/01 for the life of me - I can find 99/00 and 01/02 fine, but the holy grail eludes me.

Grand theft auto 5. Great game, horrible load times even on a ssd.

i'd like to play diablo 2 on my mac
    mofos broke the installer and don't fix it for ~1 year
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Half Life / Black Mesa

I can't wrap my head around the hideous, pretentiously 'realistic' graphics. I don't mind outdated graphics that were never meant to be taken seriously, like Super Metroid and Doom; I've played those more times than I can count.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

battle for middle earth 2 for a time, but there is a community release existing. I just don't know where EA stands on this release though

world of warcraft..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I cannot manage to get Icewind Dale 2 to run.
    Ah, i see you are man of culture, i had the same issue when i tried it few weeks ago.

OT: I had a hard time getting Nox to run for a while. And quite frankly more and more of my old CD copies are getting useless because they can't really run on modern PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mass Effect series.

The ending to Mas Effect 3 literally ruined the whole trilogy for me and totally killed any interest I had in the Mass Effect universe. I know there are other people out there that have spent as much time as I did and was so immersed with the world that it felt like a second life. I was getting ready to say that it was better than Star Wars or Star Trek I loved it so much. Then they ruined it with the ending of 3. All the work, all the effort you put it in, and all the time you spent actually caring about the characters and story all went to shit. None of the things you did and choices you made mattered in the end. To me it felt like a HUGE waste of time and effort that I put into the series. I even had multiple different characters all set up to transfer over from game to game to multiple playthroughs. Ended up only playing through it one time.

Now everytime I think about it or see someone else talk about it it actually gets me worked up that's how attached to the game world I was. I feel both sad and pissed about it. Sad that I will never again see my old space pals and alien girlfriend (I was a Tali'zorah guy) and mad that the series ended that way.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Black Mesa
    Youre missing out. They did a fantastic job!
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-12 at 05:05 PM.

I'd like to play Global Agenda again. They shut down the servers years ago, and there is no way to play the game anymore (as far as I know anyway).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Online Warcraft 3 with old menus, old profiles, old statistics, old icons, old sounds, and old regions. Still cannot believe how much they bungled this game.

Gunz the duel, servers shut down years ago and private servers are filled with people 20x better than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Youre missing out. They did a fantastic job!
    I tried it, but honestly, I got bored fast and really couldn't get into the 'flat' graphics.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Metal Gear Solid V. Theres some stellar parts i enjoy a lot but right from replaying the opening there is so much mandatory tedium that puts me off like 3 or 4 missions in every time i replay it. At least Metal Gear Survive got that one right by dropping you right into gameplay. Especially when they sold a bloody demo that taught most of the controls already.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto - Cannot install anymore.

Runner up is Vampire: The Masquerade. Not Bloodlines, though I loved that game too and I'm excited for the new one. But the original Masquerade with Cristoph and Wilhem. Same as giants, installer doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto - Cannot install anymore.

Runner up is Vampire: The Masquerade. Not Bloodlines, though I loved that game too and I'm excited for the new one. But the original Masquerade with Cristoph and Wilhem. Same as giants, installer doesn't work.
    I bought Giants:CK on GoG and it works fine. Have you tried that?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I bought Giants:CK on GoG and it works fine. Have you tried that?
    I'm about to now! TYTY!

Any plans I had tonight just went right up in smoke. I'd love another game but being able to play the original again is enough. Thanks again good sir/ma'am, You are a gentleperson and a scholar!
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2020-03-12 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Most of these will not run because they are 32bit, I have considered making a 32 bit machine maybe all the way back to windows 98 meh.

Baldies
    This means War!
    Sim Tower
    Enemy Nations
    Magic and Mayhem
    IMO, make a VM with something like Virtual Box and load Windows XP for older games. Much more stable than Win98, and drivers, etc, work better.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis