Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

[Megathread] Resident Evil Remake 3

So i guess we know what that capcom game announcement coming this month is. They apparently uploaded images and ID's onto the japanese psn live servers for 'Resident evil 3' 'Resident evil 3 collectors edition', 'Resident evil 3 Z edition' and 'Resident Evil Resistance'. Which i guess means thats a seperate title and not the 3make version of mercenaries like some thought. Hopefully its a budget title and not a full price thing that ends up trash like umbrella corps.

Coming April 2020, includes Project REstistance as a bundle.

Last edited by dope_danny; 2019-12-10 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excited for this but I don't like that Nemesis redesign at *all*.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I miss resident evil 3

7+ Year Old Account
    If Nemesis loses the nose, I'd like it even more
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

finally about time, but NO, the Nemsis redesign is horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I like its redesign more than the main characters', that's for sure.

Since Chris' redesign in RE7, they've made these weird, uncanny designs to make the original characters less anime and more realistic, but they all just look wrong.

But I imagine the game will have the same gameplay as RE2, and that's good at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I like its redesign more than the main characters', that's for sure.

Since Chris' redesign in RE7, they've made these weird, uncanny designs to make the original characters less anime and more realistic, but they all just look wrong.

But I imagine the game will have the same gameplay as RE2, and that's good at least.
    I dont mind making the characters more realistic. Jill's redesign looks kinda weird, maybe its just in this picture

Carlos never appeared again so I dont mind the new design. He also looks more south american this time around
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They are probably trying to differentiate him more than Mr.X now they made the Remake 2 Mr.X far closer to the old Last Escape version of the Nemesis.

Here's an alt. cover for RE3 Remake.

Jeez Nemesis looks creepy as shit in that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I dont mind making the characters more realistic. Jill's redesign looks kinda weird, maybe its just in this picture

Carlos never appeared again so I dont mind the new design. He also looks more south american this time around
    But that's the thing, they don't look like humans, they look like dolls. It's kind of eerie on its own, but I doubt they're going for that.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2019-12-03 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Here's an alt. cover for RE3 Remake.

Jeez Nemesis looks creepy as shit in that shot.
    Makes me think of the 1990's Resident Evil comics and Manga. Its going to take getting used to but if he still goes "Starrrsssss..." and that music plays i doubt it will take long to get used to.

The bigger question for me is what do they do about 3's unique systems? it started as a training project for a new team about Hunk on a ship and ended up way more action than the others, in retrospect most seemed to feel it got the balance right while 4 onwards was too action not enough horror but certain ideas like "this playthrough you can only go to the newspaper office building or the rpd garage, choose which" stuff? imagine if they got expanded in the same way the sewer was in Remake 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it, Capcom, spread the 3make all over my body.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    The teeth, I just can't get past the teeth. They look like the fingernails on like, those decrepit old women you'd see in 80's movies who always ended up being possessed or a witch or something.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im not too keen with it coming out so soon unless they codeveloped it along side 2 because if not this thing is gonna be rushed

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im not too keen with it coming out so soon unless they codeveloped it along side 2 because if not this thing is gonna be rushed
    They probably did. They were being very coy about "making a lot more of the outside areas than what we used in Remake 2" and it sure as shit wasn't used for Ghost Survivors.

RE 2 remake was amazing so good news.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Well hardest parts will likely be the hunters and brain suckers (if they keep those in). Also parts of the city.

Zombies/Jill/Carlos/other umbrella mercs can be built around what's in RE2 Remake

Nemesis can be built around Mr X, the rocket launcher can be the one from RE2

They already have the station for the station part of the game.

That said I don't think RE3 will be around for a while. That's what Project resistance is for, allow the a small game to take the focus while they finish off what the main team is working on. They must have started on the back end of RE2 unless this is the expansion that was hinted at a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That said I don't think RE3 will be around for a while.
    If it's going up for preorder on PSN then it's releasing within 12 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well hardest parts will likely be the hunters and brain suckers (if they keep those in). Also parts of the city.

Zombies/Jill/Carlos/other umbrella mercs can be built around what's in RE2 Remake

Nemesis can be built around Mr X, the rocket launcher can be the one from RE2

They already have the station for the station part of the game.

That said I don't think RE3 will be around for a while. That's what Project resistance is for, allow the a small game to take the focus while they finish off what the main team is working on. They must have started on the back end of RE2 unless this is the expansion that was hinted at a few weeks ago.
    Im aware they can reuse assets and thats most of my concern. I dont want a rushed asset flip just because 2 sold well

Im aware they can reuse assets and thats most of my concern. I dont want a rushed asset flip just because 2 sold well
    Which is funny, because that's kind of what RE3 was at the time.

But they could, and probably should, rewrite and reroute the story to set it apart from the recent RE2 remake, I agree.