Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Theres been a new achievement found for REmake 2 on steam "Find the Letter from Jill" so looks like we are getting a little easter egg at least.

    But imagine if its a new ghost survivors chapter to link the two games.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  2. #122
    I'm totally down for that idea. I really want them to connect these two remakes beyond just how the franchise has already connected RE2 and 3.

    Now let's look for some Code Veronica hints in RE3...

    That's probably the last one that really needs any kind of real remake. Although, and I know it might be scandalous, I'd be totally okay with remaking RE1 in this style. I guess RE0 could also be done but I don't care about that one as much.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-11 at 11:46 AM.

  3. #123
    Got My CE Pre-ordered and I'm about to go Ham on RE2 Remake....

    RE3 was my most fav RE and I'm highly looking forward to the remake.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I'm totally down for that idea. I really want them to connect these two remakes beyond just how the franchise has already connected RE2 and 3.

    Now let's look for some Code Veronica hints in RE3...
    The thing with Code Veronica is that the story gets kind of silly towards the end. Alexia turns into a Parasite Eve villain with totally-not-magic powers. Something more in line with the stuff seen in RE4-6 than with what's in the first three games.

    I'd be down for a remake of Rockfort Island, but considering the game is literally named after the t-Veronica virus, I don't know what they could do to avoid falling into the same traps, other than rewriting half of the game, which I imagine would alienate quite a few fans.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The thing with Code Veronica is that the story gets kind of silly towards the end. Alexia turns into a Parasite Eve villain with totally-not-magic powers. Something more in line with the stuff seen in RE4-6 than with what's in the first three games.

    I'd be down for a remake of Rockfort Island, but considering the game is literally named after the t-Veronica virus, I don't know what they could do to avoid falling into the same traps, other than rewriting half of the game, which I imagine would alienate quite a few fans.
    For me the tipping point was The Castle in RE4. From there on the series was straight schlok till RE7. I would love a RE4 remake that takes the idea that the HD version is on fucking everything already to go in a very different direction. Imagine one thats pure woodlands horror based on the woodcuts we see in the ending credits in the RE engine.

    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    For me the tipping point was The Castle in RE4. From there on the series was straight schlok till RE7. I would love a RE4 remake that takes the idea that the HD version is on fucking everything already to go in a very different direction. Imagine one thats pure woodlands horror based on the woodcuts we see in the ending credits in the RE engine.
    I think I place the line on intelligent enemies that look and act like humans. Mr. X and Nemesis are smarter than all the previous creatures, but they're inhuman enough that I can buy them as weapons. But superhuman Wesker, flamethrowing Alexia, Plagas cultists and even Eveline from RE7 are too detached from what I like from the Resident Evil franchise.

    I still think RE4, 7 are good games, I even enjoyed 6 for what it's worth, but I don't like the direction the story went after RE3 because of the self-aware viruses and parasites, which went hand in hand with the anime protagonists and over-the-top action sequences.

    I understand different people draw that line in different places. Woodland horror would still be horror, after all. But to me what separates Resident Evil from Parasite Eve, Silent Hill and other games of a similar nature, is the plausability of its human engineered monsters.

    Not that anyone cares about my rants

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I think I place the line on intelligent enemies that look and act like humans. Mr. X and Nemesis are smarter than all the previous creatures, but they're inhuman enough that I can buy them as weapons. But superhuman Wesker, flamethrowing Alexia, Plagas cultists and even Eveline from RE7 are too detached from what I like from the Resident Evil franchise.

    I still think RE4, 7 are good games, I even enjoyed 6 for what it's worth, but I don't like the direction the story went after RE3 because of the self-aware viruses and parasites, which went hand in hand with the anime protagonists and over-the-top action sequences.

    I understand different people draw that line in different places. Woodland horror would still be horror, after all. But to me what separates Resident Evil from Parasite Eve, Silent Hill and other games of a similar nature, is the plausability of its human engineered monsters.

    Not that anyone cares about my rants
    For me it wasn't the monsters so much as the infastructure. The Spencer Mansion and Racoon City having all those puzzles was silly but just towing the line but The castle was built over a lake of lava with giant stone dragon canons hanging from chains INSIDE along with a giant robot dwarf that could only walk forwards in a line and in doing so destroy the castle. All in case a single home invader occured. To say nothing of straight up indiana jones stuff in 5 and the theme park mine in 6 trying to out meme 4.

    For me the monsters were more a case of 'almost everything was at some point a normal person turned into this thing against their will because some asshole had a god complex and got his hands on something nasty. Spencer or Sadler that was still the same. Its just kind of a shame 4 doesn't really impress this to you till the ending credits. It makes you think it was just a cult all along but theres an entire fascinating story we never see.

    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    For me the monsters were more a case of 'almost everything was at some point a normal person turned into this thing against their will because some asshole had a god complex and got his hands on something nasty. Spencer or Sadler that was still the same. Its just kind of a shame 4 doesn't really impress this to you till the ending credits. It makes you think it was just a cult all along but theres an entire fascinating story we never see.
    El Pueblo's story before Leon was probably way more interesting with people being experimented on and their families watching
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The thing with Code Veronica is that the story gets kind of silly towards the end. Alexia turns into a Parasite Eve villain with totally-not-magic powers. Something more in line with the stuff seen in RE4-6 than with what's in the first three games.
    Dont forget a british fruitcake with and old gun.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The thing with Code Veronica is that the story gets kind of silly towards the end. Alexia turns into a Parasite Eve villain with totally-not-magic powers. Something more in line with the stuff seen in RE4-6 than with what's in the first three games.

    I'd be down for a remake of Rockfort Island, but considering the game is literally named after the t-Veronica virus, I don't know what they could do to avoid falling into the same traps, other than rewriting half of the game, which I imagine would alienate quite a few fans.
    I'm fine with that, the game is ridiculous so don't hide from it.

    Or do as you suggest and just play that down. Make Alexia just more organic bioweapon based like the other ones instead of weird almost magic.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I'm fine with that, the game is ridiculous so don't hide from it.

    Or do as you suggest and just play that down. Make Alexia just more organic bioweapon based like the other ones instead of weird almost magic.
    It's not magic. It's that her blood due to Veronica has become highly combustible when touching air. I mean it's still daft but old school resident evil were pretty much b-movie horror as games.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not magic. It's that her blood due to Veronica has become highly combustible when touching air. I mean it's still daft but old school resident evil were pretty much b-movie horror as games.
    It made them great that way, there was this suspension of disbelief needed. Like... The puzzles would be silly in real life

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not magic. It's that her blood due to Veronica has become highly combustible when touching air. I mean it's still daft but old school resident evil were pretty much b-movie horror as games.
    I know its not magic, which is why I said "almost magic" because what you just described is not real or even close to reality lol.

    I also said I'm totally fine with it being wacky nonsense and not changing it at all and trying to make it more grounded. 1, 2 and Nemesis didn't have that problem but Code Veronica kind of does, so I'd be fine with them straight translating it or trying to make it more "realistic." Either way works. I'm not exactly concerned about the games seeming fantastical considering how good RE2's remake was.

  14. #134
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,305
    If they remake Code Veronica it would be way better with a lot of changes, which is something I hope they take liberties with with in RE3 (for RE3 just making the game longer).

    The only part of Code Veronica that was 'bad' was the ending part of the game. I personally enjoyed the island at the start of the game, and sections of the Antarctic base.

    RE4 is a great game, but not a great RE game. The first part of the game in the village is actually pretty cool, with the mansion being one of the low points of the game. The regenerator zombies are some of the spoopiest things they ever created.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Theres been a new achievement found for REmake 2 on steam "Find the Letter from Jill" so looks like we are getting a little easter egg at least.

    But imagine if its a new ghost survivors chapter to link the two games.
    I really do hope that they program it where 3make can import your saved data from remake2 and influence the areas they crossover

  16. #136
    Now where is our follow up on re7 it was one of my favorite re games.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    If they remake Code Veronica it would be way better with a lot of changes, which is something I hope they take liberties with with in RE3 (for RE3 just making the game longer).

    The only part of Code Veronica that was 'bad' was the ending part of the game. I personally enjoyed the island at the start of the game, and sections of the Antarctic base.

    RE4 is a great game, but not a great RE game. The first part of the game in the village is actually pretty cool, with the mansion being one of the low points of the game. The regenerator zombies are some of the spoopiest things they ever created.
    I also love CV, however I think RE3 is my most anticipated.

    On RE4, by far the best part of that amazing game is mercenary missions. Many people I've met never got that far in merc missions(thinking they were just a tack on or selling point like in most other games), but they are imo, the best gameplay ever related to a RE game, and some of the best gameplay ever devised. Mercenary missions are the main course in RE4, and they are quite competitive. Basically, a competitive scoreboard. You could do so many little tricks with the different characters to get advantages, it makes the gameplay at least twice as deep as the main game, if not much more so.

    Also, of course, the bosses in RE4 are some of the best ever in any game imo. It is also amazing the sheer quantity of gameplay in RE4 compared to most other RE games. They set out to serve up a huge, high quality game with no corners cut, and I think they did it.

    I don't know why some people don't like CV. It was really the first RE game that I absolutely loved. Claire was and still is my absolute favorite character in the series, and I really liked everything about it.

    Needless to say, I will day 1 re3, and if they do CV or RE4 I will be buying those day 1 as well. I am super hyped for RE3 though.

    Anything after 4 I will take with a grain of salt...but hey I'm not entirely close-minded to playing remakes if they fix some of the issues in the original game. Look how RE2 remake brought that game into the present, currently my goty.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-12-12 at 05:12 PM.

  18. #138
    Question: Are we absolutely sure that the one who push Jill out of the building its actually Nemesis?

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    I really do hope that they program it where 3make can import your saved data from remake2 and influence the areas they crossover
    If I remember right the first half of RE3 takes place before 2 though, so if anything it ought to be Jill's actions affecting the police station in 2.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    I really do hope that they program it where 3make can import your saved data from remake2 and influence the areas they crossover
    having marvin dead where you killed him would be a mild gut punch.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •