Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yep and now to spam my computer at work until I see the CE pop up lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed its so soon, but it confirms co development and the 3 years of radio silence. And also first half of 2020 is getting a bit too packed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Disappointed its so soon, but it confirms co development and the 3 years of radio silence. And also first half of 2020 is getting a bit too packed
    The industry got so used to 'avoid the end of the year when all the big releases chase the holiday season funbux' that it got fliptrickedturnedupsidedown and now everyone releases in spring afraid theres going to be some RDR thing in winter that kills everything around it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The industry got so used to 'avoid the end of the year when all the big releases chase the holiday season funbux' that it got fliptrickedturnedupsidedown and now everyone releases in spring afraid theres going to be some RDR thing in winter that kills everything around it.
    Its true but now they need to stay away from ff7 now lol

Some images doing the rounds and the Nemesis seems less like a controlled mr.x regenerator and more like the barely holding together prototype it was meant to be. Given how Birkin behaved in REmake 2 i wonder just how fucked up his whole 'the more you damage Nemesis the more he goes from human to mess of organs and tentacles' becomes this time around?

I wonder if they'll stick with the "Run or kill him" mechanic from the original. I really liked the challenge of playing Hard mode and fighting him to get cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I wonder if they'll stick with the "Run or kill him" mechanic from the original. I really liked the challenge of playing Hard mode and fighting him to get cool stuff.
    I wouldn't be surprised if not only they did but thats a major element in Project REsistance as well. Do you B line the exit and hope you dont get the DM dropping a Ceberus in a choke point to end up in the longrun eating up healing items for a harder area after? or risk standing your ground and fighting the tyrant chasing you to risk at least ammo for the chance at him dropping something to make the next area easier?

Nemesis is basically the personification of the genres risk vs resource management and i could see that making PR a lot more interesting than some assymetrical pvp games that stick to a single object with very little risk-reward in it.

I don't know much about Resistance to be honest, it doesn't look like something I'm super interested in so I haven't been paying much attention to it. I think I got all my asymmetrical game desires out a while ago with stuff like Dead By Daylight.

I will say I'm shocked that they're including it for free. I guess that's a sad commentary on the state of the industry right now but I was convinced they were going to charge a full 60 dollars for it alone.

I don't know much about Resistance to be honest, it doesn't look like something I'm super interested in so I haven't been paying much attention to it. I think I got all my asymmetrical game desires out a while ago with stuff like Dead By Daylight.

I will say I'm shocked that they're including it for free. I guess that's a sad commentary on the state of the industry right now but I was convinced they were going to charge a full 60 dollars for it alone.
    It kind of reads like its going to be a 20 dollar stand alone for people who, god knows why, dont want 3make but included for the core audience who by and large are probably less likely to look into it as a solo purchase than say the DBD/FT13TH audiences. which at first at least should pad up numbers and queue times.

God knows the game was trash but the queues for Umbrella Corps were a joke.

As someone who played the beta for it, putting it with RE3 was a must situation. It was good but there was no chance in hell something with a niche style as it was could survive as a standalone. There were streamers when the leaks came out tinfoiling that resistance was the test for an RE3 addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    As someone who played the beta for it, putting it with RE3 was a must situation. It was good but there was no chance in hell something with a niche style as it was could survive as a standalone. There were streamers when the leaks came out tinfoiling that resistance was the test for an RE3 addon.
    Yeah I was hoping they were just testing it for RE3, but I guess maybe they just didn't want or have enough to realistically show off (Although who knows if the entire game is coming out in 4 months?) for RE3 to announce it at the same time. Or maybe they wanted to gauge the reaction before dropping the bomb that everybody wanted after RE2 HD was so well received. I donno. Not sure why they'd announce REsistance and RE3 HD at different times I guess unless they seriously think REsistance is going to be some major game when in all honesty it looks like just a side project using recycled assets.

Either way them including it for free has completely negated any apprehensive feelings I had about it. Im hoping they just do a straight up Outbreak remake, use this same engine if they want, but like I said an asymmetrical game that looks this...I donno...not bad but kind of bland? isn't super interesting to me.

Yeah I was hoping they were just testing it for RE3, but I guess maybe they just didn't want or have enough to realistically show off (Although who knows if the entire game is coming out in 4 months?) for RE3 to announce it at the same time. Or maybe they wanted to gauge the reaction before dropping the bomb that everybody wanted after RE2 HD was so well received. I donno. Not sure why they'd announce REsistance and RE3 HD at different times I guess unless they seriously think REsistance is going to be some major game when in all honesty it looks like just a side project using recycled assets.

Either way them including it for free has completely negated any apprehensive feelings I had about it. Im hoping they just do a straight up Outbreak remake, use this same engine if they want, but like I said an asymmetrical game that looks this...I donno...not bad but kind of bland? isn't super interesting to me.
    I'm honestly thinking game companies generally just don't want to announce things anymore outside of major events (VGA, E3, State of play, their own conferences etc), having project resistance as something to be tested is an easy way out. Allow themselves to keep RE3 hidden until the state of play to get their announcement ( with a deal with Sony due to them having 60% of this gens console market and both being japanese.), although leaks being leaks and all. All the while having people test the gameplay style of a side show they really like as a hobby based game the devs enjoy and something that really isn't a risk that's when joined with RE3.

Also RE3 isn't a large game by itself. Compared to what came before RE 3 campaign was smaller than 1 and 2. I'm not even sure if it is as long as either any of the 4 RE 2 campaigns or the two RE1 campaigns. They can expand it so much but RE3 had to have something with it. Kind of hoping on a mercs mode still.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like her voice but everybody elses was kinda meh. Also what was up with that silent hill mirror thing at the end?

Also RE3 isn't a large game by itself. Compared to what came before RE 3 campaign was smaller than 1 and 2. I'm not even sure if it is as long as either any of the 4 RE 2 campaigns or the two RE1 campaigns. They can expand it so much but RE3 had to have something with it. Kind of hoping on a mercs mode still.
    From what little we can gleam from the trailer it does look like they're expanding some other things. Jill didn't interact with civilians in the original RE3 and we see her talking to them there, they also seem to be adding in some tie ins with RE2 (Which is cool and I hope they do that even more) with Annette being on the screen for that one screenshot.

- - - Updated - - -

I like her voice but everybody elses was kinda meh. Also what was up with that silent hill mirror thing at the end?
    Probably this version of the original game's cringey self-reflective weird monologues about destiny and fate that Jill randomly would say throughout the game and/or if you reloaded after stopping playing.

Jill was basically going through like some kind of weird nihilistic resignation to her fate for part of the game thinking she'd never escape Raccoon City.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what little we can gleam from the trailer it does look like they're expanding some other things. Jill didn't interact with civilians in the original RE3 and we see her talking to them there, they also seem to be adding in some tie ins with RE2 (Which is cool and I hope they do that even more) with Annette being on the screen for that one screenshot.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably this version of the original game's cringey self-reflective weird monologues about destiny and fate that Jill randomly would say throughout the game and/or if you reloaded after stopping playing.

Jill was basically going through like some kind of weird nihilistic resignation to her fate for part of the game thinking she'd never escape Raccoon City.
    I guess, but it seemed really out of place since there wasnt anything like that in 2

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess, but it seemed really out of place since there wasnt anything like that in 2
    It's most likely related to the fact Jill gets infected in RE3, which didn't happen to Leon/Claire.

I get the feeling, since this isn't a time rushed experiment to teach a new team this time around, its not going be the barebonse 'last escape' story which really only has 4 major story beats that is consistent in every playthrough. I think they are going to say rather than cut and run Jill was -as a special forces police officer with experience with the T virus- was actively leading a effort to save people till the infamous RE3 opening FMV where a final stand by the police just falls apart.

My guess is somewhere along the way Jill has been infected, not by the Nemesis near the end game, but near the start. But its not the regular T virus but one of those off shoots like in CV or 0. It would finally explain why Umbrella sent one of 3 billion dollar nemesis parasites they had on a petty revenge murder mission when Umbrella knew the Navy was poised to nuke the town anyway. I'm guessing some plant in her camp has alerted umbrella shes showing signs of something resembling one of the slow burn offshoots from the mansion and since the mansions lost shes a walking host and the only sample. So with the clock counting down to a nuke Umbrella takes a unfinished, barely concious nemesis they were ready to export to umbrella france or something and turn it on to act as a tracking hound. You find the infected S.T.A.R.S member and kill off any that aren't to check off the list. So Jill has to escape not the city, but the Nemesis and being another Lisa Trevor buried under concrete, red tape and history. Find the cure after getting a tip from Carlos while his boss is working for umbrella against you.

Could be complete bullshit but from what we have seen and how members of the team said they wanted 'last escape' to be before time constraints and sonys demands for another RE to compete with the Dreamcast one forced them to severely cut it down i wouldn't be surprised if thats the case.

Maybe they will even bring outbreaks virus meter back? god knows if thats how it goes down a purple health status the whole game wouldn't work.

After watching that trailer I am curious if they'll include a first person mode (there's a mod for it for RE2)...

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I get the feeling, since this isn't a time rushed experiment to teach a new team this time around, its not going be the barebonse 'last escape' story which really only has 4 major story beats that is consistent in every playthrough. I think they are going to say rather than cut and run Jill was -as a special forces police officer with experience with the T virus- was actively leading a effort to save people till the infamous RE3 opening FMV where a final stand by the police just falls apart.

My guess is somewhere along the way Jill has been infected, not by the Nemesis near the end game, but near the start. But its not the regular T virus but one of those off shoots like in CV or 0. It would finally explain why Umbrella sent one of 3 billion dollar nemesis parasites they had on a petty revenge murder mission when Umbrella knew the Navy was poised to nuke the town anyway. I'm guessing some plant in her camp has alerted umbrella shes showing signs of something resembling one of the slow burn offshoots from the mansion and since the mansions lost shes a walking host and the only sample. So with the clock counting down to a nuke Umbrella takes a unfinished, barely concious nemesis they were ready to export to umbrella france or something and turn it on to act as a tracking hound. You find the infected S.T.A.R.S member and kill off any that aren't to check off the list. So Jill has to escape not the city, but the Nemesis and being another Lisa Trevor buried under concrete, red tape and history. Find the cure after getting a tip from Carlos while his boss is working for umbrella against you.

Could be complete bullshit but from what we have seen and how members of the team said they wanted 'last escape' to be before time constraints and sonys demands for another RE to compete with the Dreamcast one forced them to severely cut it down i wouldn't be surprised if thats the case.

Maybe they will even bring outbreaks virus meter back? god knows if thats how it goes down a purple health status the whole game wouldn't work.
    One thing we see with the Zombified Jill glimpses is also she's using tap water which carried the virus after the rats running through the water system it could be showing her paranoia in the first half or after she gets cured by Carlos she could still have some paranoia around her with it.

For Nemesis, it wasn't just about revenge but because most of STARS are former special forces. Barry and Chris were air force, Jill was army. It was a way to get battle data with there being 2 (or 3) other Nemesis made which never officially activated. One woke by itself and went wild before being put down. It really was the best place to test the prototype within the ruins of Raccoon that was about to be destroyed by the airburst bomb leaving no evidence of wrong doing.

If it works, yay, sell to the militaries, if it doesn't, work on the others or destroy them. Either way, likely nothing in their mind that can be pointed back to them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loved RE3 and will buy it regardless, but hope that it's a bit longer than the original. The added game mode looks pretty fun too.