Classic quests being tedious and boring

There's this achivement in retail "Two sides of the tale" which rewards a mount. Currently working on alliance side of the quest. So the waycrest manor quest can't be turned in to npc because I didn't complete the Drustvar storyline and npc is phased out.. Oh well- I have to do the drustvar story then I thought. Got to the quest "charming the lifeless" which is guess what - not possible to get because there's a naga world quest active in the area so I can't pick up the freaking thing. I have to wait for the world q to end.

Classic quests might be tedious to a point. But retail quests are freaking ridiculous. I'd rather do classic qs any day, phasing sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still better than collecting 20 bear arses with 10% droprate and a spawn of three bears every five minutes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Still better than collecting 20 bear arses with 10% droprate and a spawn of three bears every five minutes.
    i prefer to collect raptor hearts. its incredible how many raptors are literally heartless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i prefer to collect raptor hearts. its incredible how many raptors are literally heartless.
    You kinda need to be a little heartless when hunting for your next meal
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Wow... that title and then the context of your statement.

Your problem is with the retail quest system - but your title is that classic quests are boring and tedious?

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

Your problem is with the retail quest system - but your title is that classic quests are boring and tedious?
    No, it's a "Classic is better than retail" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    There's this achivement in retail "Two sides of the tale" which rewards a mount. Currently working on alliance side of the quest. So the waycrest manor quest can't be turned in to npc because I didn't complete the Drustvar storyline and npc is phased out.. Oh well- I have to do the drustvar story then I thought. Got to the quest "charming the lifeless" which is guess what - not possible to get because there's a naga world quest active in the area so I can't pick up the freaking thing. I have to wait for the world q to end.

Classic quests might be tedious to a point. But retail quests are freaking ridiculous. I'd rather do classic qs any day, phasing sucks.
    I find it more boring in retail than Classic to fly from one spot highlighted on the map, gather 5 required mobs at a time without them posing any kind of a threat, aoe them down mindlessly, then fly to the next group of mobs. That's like a definition of mindless boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by liberaet View Post
    I find it more boring in retail than Classic to fly from one spot highlighted on the map, gather 5 required mobs at a time aoe them mindlessly, then fly to the next group of mobs. That's like a definition of mindless boredom.
    Ah yes, it's so much better to run there, fight a single mob along the way, sit and drink, fight another mob, drink, rinse and repeat for 10 minutes to finish one quest

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic was/is, to a not insignificant degree 'kill x, loot y meat' quests but so is retail to a slightly different degree.
    Classic had nice lore themed, class themed (killed in retail), more of longer q-chains .

Point is, Classic had its fair share of dumb fuck quests like Barrens collect 60 tusks, 1 wand, 1 shield, 1 whatever with crap droprate, but...
    I would take that any day over retail daily quest hamster wheel while presumably paying irl money for a shitty re-colored mount in the Blizzard Store.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

It's PITA to farm all those quest items but i still think 100% drop rates are even more boring and pointless. Somehow i suspect they have nerfed most drop rates in Classic since release.

Anyway, Classic quests is the main reason i still keep playing this 15 old relic and why i will never even glance at retail WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post

Lmao

Threads like this make me smile.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

This thread honestly shouldn't be in the classic forums, an off hand comment about it doesn't mean it should be here when it's not the focus of discussion.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.