Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Well... you seem to have enough time on this forum to be that mad on random person from internet.
    Chill, dude.

Yes i totally 'attacked' everyone on this thread.

Again i have still not idea why do you keep saying they will not reach 3mil.
    They could reach 2.5mil ONLY with pet so with plushie it will be EZ.
    They literally made cutest pet ever so all pet oriented players will be happy and buy this shit.
    3mil cap is here for reason.

Base cost blizzard put into actually making the pet? You mean one model that some talented person could finish probably in 1-2 evenings?
    Marketing? You mean this yt vid and blue post?

Yes. They will totally not gain anything after they reach 3mil or december will end.
    They already making money since only 10$ from plushie is going for charity.
    1). He stated he wishes he had free time to make an angry post. Think he was trying to say there’s better things to do then just be an angry keyboard warrior.
    2). You actually did attack everyone by saying only “true heroes” donate anonymously and on their own, insinuating everyone who purchases this isn’t doing a good thing.
    3). Most people are assuming it won’t. They also compare the pet that was sold at the beginning of an xpac with a lot of hype behind it vs the xpac we have now where most people aren’t happy and the game is at a lull. That’s not to say total profits won’t hit the 3 million point.
    4). Base cost=Animator paid for design and animate the pet. Voice actor to be paid for recording new lines for Meerah for the video, including equipment and sound room usage (which also cost). Person paid to animate the video. Person paid to write up the promotion. Person paid to write up what is actually conveyed to the public. There’s more to it than “just the guy who spent 1-2 days making a pet.” That said, in the grand scheme of things it probably didn’t cost much for Blizzard overall, but it’s not exactly a cheap endeavor.
    5). I think I missed the part with only $10 from the plushie. As stated in other posts, maybe there’s a reason they only go to 3 million. Also, Blizzard has every right to try and make some money as well. They stated how much goes to charity, so there is nothing sneaky or underhanded, and it also serves a way to get people to donate who possibly never would.

OK - so it's a company. Nobody's denying they do it for tax deduction / image / whatever. No company would donate out of the goodness of their hearts. Yes, it's not just Blizzard, it's a thing companies do. And? What's the problem?
    It's like you guys are trying to convince us that it's a terrible practice, like you're coming here to open our eyes at this terrible practice, to tell us that Blizzard are not good people but actually have ulterior motives. No shit. And I ask again, what is the problem though?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    1). He stated he wishes he had free time to make an angry post. Think he was trying to say there’s better things to do then just be an angry keyboard warrior.
    ... and still had time to type response to random 'angry' person in internet. It does not make any sense, does it?

2). You actually did attack everyone by saying only “true heroes” donate anonymously and on their own, insinuating everyone who purchases this isn’t doing a good thing.
    Let's say the difference between heroes and 'heroes' is very, very subjective thing, ok?
    I did not mean to insult anyone here.
    I just have totally different point of view and it will not change.

3). Most people are assuming it won’t. They also compare the pet that was sold at the beginning of an xpac with a lot of hype behind it vs the xpac we have now where most people aren’t happy and the game is at a lull. That’s not to say total profits won’t hit the 3 million point.
    Again.
    3mil cap is there for reason and Blizzard exactly know what it is.

4). Base cost=Animator paid for design and animate the pet.Voice actor to be paid for recording new lines for Meerah for the video, including equipment and sound room usage (which also cost). Person paid to animate the video. Person paid to write up the promotion. Person paid to write up what is actually conveyed to the public.
    These people already work for Blizzard so they could do anything else. They would be paid same money doing stuff for base game. This is no additional cost for Blizzard.
    And btw - i had to google to check who (or what) Meerah is...

There’s more to it than “just the guy who spent 1-2 days making a pet.” That said, in the grand scheme of things it probably didn’t cost much for Blizzard overall, but it’s not exactly a cheap endeavor.
    Tell this to people doing amazing machinimas on youtube doing it for free or got shitty $$ from ads or patreons.

5). I think I missed the part with only $10 from the plushie. As stated in other posts, maybe there’s a reason they only go to 3 million. Also, Blizzard has every right to try and make some money as well. They stated how much goes to charity, so there is nothing sneaky or underhanded, and it also serves a way to get people to donate who possibly never would.
    It is sneaky since you will never know if the cap is hit so you can theoretically buy this pet at the end of december and 100% of your money will go to Blizzard then.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2019-12-04 at 09:31 AM.

... and still had time to type response to random 'angry' person in internet. It does not make any sense, does it?

Let's say the difference between heroes and 'heroes' is very, very subjective thing, ok?
    I did not mean to insult anyone here.
    I just have totally different point of view and it will not change.

Again.
    3mil cap is there for reason and Blizzard exactly know what it is.

These people already work for Blizzard so they could do anything else. They would be paid same money doing stuff for base game. This is no additional cost for Blizzard.
    And btw - i had to google to check who (or what) Meerah is...

Tell this to people doing amazing machinimas on youtube doing it for free or got shitty $$ from ads or patreons.

It is sneaky since you will never know if the cap is hit so you can theoretically buy this pet at the end of december and 100% of your money will go to Blizzard then.
    Again though, his response was to you being a jerk.
    Your view point is fine. That said, you did in fact insult people in what you typed out.
    I’m sure Blizzard knows why the cap is there. As of now, you and I do not. Whether it’s just an arbitrary number to them where they decided that’s where they want to make a profit or it has something to do with the donation limits itself is only known to Blizzard and people that knows about these things or looks it up. Even if it is an arbitrary number, there is still nothing sneaky or scummy about it since Blizzard put up front, for everyone to see, what can be translated as “we are helping to come up with 3 million to charity and anything extra goes to us.”
    Yes and no. Voice actors get hired in different ways. Sometimes they have contracts that state they have to come in on a certain number of projects. Some times they get paid per project. Sound studio equipment also costs time and money to rent out, as well as time paid to use the space. Blizzard possibly has their own recording studio, but I have no idea and neither do you as of now. As for everything else, there are still numerous people paid for these things. For right now though, without any proof as to how these things work we can only speculate, and saying it costs them nothing is just as legitimate as saying this project cost them thousands of dollars.
    Machinamas take time, energy, and money. You even stated yourself they get advertising money. Some even have merchandise they sell to help costs.
    Your last point just makes my mind boggle. That’s like saying McDonalds is sneaky because you don’t know if that 1 penny you throw in the charity box actually goes to the charity or not, or if all the proceeds from Girl Scout Cookies go to the scouts for future endeavors or just lines someone’s pockets. If your main point is everything in life is sneaky then sure, you’re right; otherwise you’re just nitpicking to make a point that literally exists for every company and person in the world.

Again though, his response was to you being a jerk.
    Your view point is fine. That said, you did in fact insult people in what you typed out.
    If you still think that i insulted anyone here you can always report my posts.
    This is the reason why we got that button here on forum.

I’m sure Blizzard knows why the cap is there. As of now, you and I do not. Whether it’s just an arbitrary number to them where they decided that’s where they want to make a profit or it has something to do with the donation limits itself is only known to Blizzard and people that knows about these things or looks it up. Even if it is an arbitrary number, there is still nothing sneaky or scummy about it since Blizzard put up front, for everyone to see, what can be translated as “we are helping to come up with 3 million to charity and anything extra goes to us.”
    I totally do not agree and will not continue convincing you to my point of view.

Yes and no. Voice actors get hired in different ways. Sometimes they have contracts that state they have to come in on a certain number of projects. Some times they get paid per project.
    They are for sure hired for 2 senteces in 1min long video.

Sound studio equipment also costs time and money to rent out, as well as time paid to use the space. Blizzard possibly has their own recording studio, but I have no idea and neither do you as of now. As for everything else, there are still numerous people paid for these things. For right now though, without any proof as to how these things work we can only speculate, and saying it costs them nothing is just as legitimate as saying this project cost them thousands of dollars.
    You can clearly see Blizzard got their studios in various behind of the scenes videos.

Machinamas take time, energy, and money. You even stated yourself they get advertising money. Some even have merchandise they sell to help costs.
    Some of them yes... but mostly these are very small channels without even partnership with YT so they are doing it for free or fun.

Your last point just makes my mind boggle. That’s like saying McDonalds is sneaky because you don’t know if that 1 penny you throw in the charity box actually goes to the charity or not, or if all the proceeds from Girl Scout Cookies go to the scouts for future endeavors or just lines someone’s pockets. If your main point is everything in life is sneaky then sure, you’re right; otherwise you’re just nitpicking to make a point that literally exists for every company and person in the world.
    Sorry i do not go to MC's and have totally no idea what is Girl Scout Cookies... so i do not know what to even respone here, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    OK - so it's a company. Nobody's denying they do it for tax deduction / image / whatever. No company would donate out of the goodness of their hearts. Yes, it's not just Blizzard, it's a thing companies do. And? What's the problem?
    It's like you guys are trying to convince us that it's a terrible practice, like you're coming here to open our eyes at this terrible practice, to tell us that Blizzard are not good people but actually have ulterior motives. No shit. And I ask again, what is the problem though?
    To be fair, there are many companies that will donate out of the goodness of their hearts. People have just gotten to the point of being so pessimistic that they always assume the worst with any company, which is kind of what is happening in this thread. It's a little beyond this thread but still relevant: capitalism and the accumulation of wealth (as well as donations in this case) is neither innately good nor bad, it's the morality behind the people engaging in such activities that make the acts good or bad.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Well... you seem to have enough time on this forum to be that mad on random person from internet.
    Chill, dude.

Yes i totally 'attacked' everyone on this thread.

Again i have still not idea why do you keep saying they will not reach 3mil.
    They could reach 2.5mil ONLY with pet so with plushie it will be EZ.
    They literally made cutest pet ever so all pet oriented players will be happy and buy this shit.
    3mil cap is here for reason.

Base cost blizzard put into actually making the pet? You mean one model that some talented person could finish probably in 1-2 evenings?
    Marketing? You mean this yt vid and blue post?

Yes. They will totally not gain anything after they reach 3mil or december will end.
    They already making money since only 10$ from plushie is going for charity.
    No, it will not get to 3 mil. The highest for an off year is 1.8 mil. You really think this will sell 1.2 mil more then the current highest for an off year pet?
    Yes the current highest total is 2.5 mil. But that was only a few months after the legion launch, which means when the most people were playing. Right now we are in the drought, you really think there is more people playing now. Then there were when legion launched? Therefore more people to sell the pet to? You crazy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    ROFL.

Yeah.

So tell me, do you honestly think Blizzard is doing this out of the graciousness of their heart? And that they're not going to take a huge, massive tax break for it? And that they're not trying to build up PR?

And if so, tell me, why aren't they just straight up donating $3,000,000 themselves (and why stop at $3,000,000 in the first place; be sure to look up corporate tax laws before you reply!)? Why do they need you to supply the money for their charitible donation? Seriously. Answer that fucking question alone with anything even remotely relating to a sensible response and I'll shut up completely.

Jesus Christ, how delusional can some people get...
    You know, they could just make the pet 10$.... If they didn't make it. Chsirty thing they would make more money off it, so yes it is overall better. They also always donate a ton of their own money too, but they do these to encourage people to donate. They bring in wish foundation kids all the time too. Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lets use good will to push out more MTX in our pay to play game. Disgusting and people support this crap. inb4 dont have to buy it, this could have been some nice extra content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Lets use good will to push out more MTX in our pay to play game. Disgusting and people support this crap. inb4 dont have to buy it, this could have been some nice extra content.
    So you rather no donations go to chsirty? Plus a sub is not enough to keep a game up in this economy, show me a single MMO that has JUST a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, it will not get to 3 mil. The highest for an off year is 1.8 mil. You really think this will sell 1.2 mil more then the current highest for an off year pet?
    Yes the current highest total is 2.5 mil. But that was only a few months after the legion launch, which means when the most people were playing. Right now we are in the drought, you really think there is more people playing now. Then there were when legion launched? Therefore more people to sell the pet to? You crazy?
    If you still think it is unreachable why the hell there is that cap? What is the point?
    When they will release how much they raised and it will not achieve 3mil i will admit i was atleast partially wrong.

So you rather no donations go to chsirty? Plus a sub is not enough to keep a game up in this economy, show me a single MMO that has JUST a sub.
    Vanilla until Celestial Horse was only based on paying for the game/subscription... and now Classic of course.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2019-12-04 at 12:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you still think it is unreachable why the hell there is that cap? What is the point?
    When they will release how much they raised and it will not achieve 3mil i will admit i was atleast partially wrong.

Vanilla until Celestial Horse was only based on paying for the game/subscription... and now Classic of course.
    Vanilla was 15 years ago and even then had.

TCG microtransactions
    Collectors edition.
    As I said "this economy" not 2004 economy.

And they have never reached even close to 3 mil even during legions launch, you think this is gunna sell more then a let at legions launch? The 3 mil is there for legality.

Vanilla was 15 years ago and even then had.

TCG microtransactions
    Collectors edition.
    Sigh... i think it is dejavu from different thread. I am almost pretty sure we argued about that already...
    But anyway...
    TCG is not microtransactions and neither is CE. These are REAL boxes/cards/books or whatever elese with ADDITIONAL in game things.
    I got WotLK and Cata CEs not because pets...

As I said "this economy" not 2004 economy.
    Classic is now and confirmed to be profitable.
    Celestial mount was not released on 2004 anyway...

And they have never reached even close to 3 mil even during legions launch, you think this is gunna sell more then a let at legions launch? The 3 mil is there for legality.
    For legality? It is first year they capped it.
    Arena fund fisaco is the obvious reason.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2019-12-04 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Not to forget the base cost blizzard put into actually making the pet, marketing it, and everything else that goes into this kind of thing, that is their part of the donation. Also yes blizzard is writing off what ever money they make for the charity during this period, but they made that money on the books for selling the pet. It's not like they are writing off anything that wasn't part of this deal, they are just turning themselves into a middle men with zero personal gain or loss (other then the previously mentioned development costs.). This BS where people think blizzard will be paying anything less tax wise on their normal profit flow is ridicules.
    Dude, what is wrong with you? They will KEEP selling the pet for the same money after that charity stuff is over. So they will make money with it no matter what...definitely way more than they need to create this toon(it's not like it is their first pet...this is a staple).

7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh... i think it is dejavu from different thread. I am almost pretty sure we argued about that already...
    But anyway...
    TCG is not microtransactions and neither is CE. These are REAL boxes/cards/books or whatever elese with ADDITIONAL in game things.
    I got WotLK and Cata CEs not because pets...

Classic is now and confirmed to be profitable.
    Celestial mount was not released on 2004 anyway...

For legality? It is first year they capped it.
    Arena fund fisaco is the obvious reason.
    Classic is not it's own thing. It is part of current wow, and don't forget it will be getting transfers and such soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Dude, what is wrong with you? They will KEEP selling the pet for the same money after that charity stuff is over. So they will make money with it no matter what...definitely way more than they need to create this toon(it's not like it is their first pet...this is a staple).
    About 90% of the pets sales will be the first month. After that it will sell a few here and there. Welcome to how digital marketing works.

Classic is not it's own thing. It is part of current wow
    ???
    I pay sub fee only for Classic. I do not see it as whole game. Me and many other people are totally not interested in retail.

and don't forget it will be getting transfers and such soon enough.
    Still nothing confirmed.
    They also can keep free transfers without paying.

BTW - i like how you keep replying only for the things you got good answer.

About 90% of the pets sales will be the first month. After that it will sell a few here and there. Welcome to how digital marketing works.
    Speculations.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people here need to calm down a bit.

Will Blizzard score a tax break on this item? Yes, of course they will. Does that make them evil? Not in the slightest.

Blizzard have a duty to their shareholders, their employees, and all other stakeholders to be responsible in the way they manage their business. It is possible for them to both do something "good" and still derive some tangible benefit. The two are not mutually exclusive, and it's totally ok if they achieve both.

Also, to those who think Blizzard gain financially from this, I would beg to differ. Their biggest gain is a marketting one. Think about this: Blizzard could have just released the pet, like most others, as a pure profit thing. Instead they're choosing to sacrifice potential income in order to donate to charity. This doesn't mean they have entirely altruistic motives though. Likely they justify the business case for this as a PR expense.

The sad thing is how some people just can't help themselves from being overly cynnical and bitter.

7+ Year Old Account
    ???
    I pay sub fee only for Classic. I do not see it as whole game. Me and many other people are totally not interested in retail.

Still nothing confirmed.
    They also can keep free transfers without paying.

BTW - i like how you keep replying only for the things you got good answer.

Speculations.
    1. You are still paying 15$ a month for a tiny game compared to current wow which is HUGE meaning a ton more but fixes and servers.
    2.yes. Literally have said they will add server transfers in a later phase stop making up shit
    3.hahahs funny funny stinky
    4. No. It's fact, as someone who's job relies on getting as many "sAles" as possible in the first 3 months. 90% will happen in the first month. Not counting repeats. Cause well you can't buy a woe pet twice.

1. You are still paying 15$ a month for a tiny game compared to current wow which is HUGE meaning a ton more but fixes and servers.
    2.yes. Literally have said they will add server transfers in a later phase stop making up shit
    3.hahahs funny funny stinky
    4. No. It's fact, as someone who's job relies on getting as many "sAles" as possible in the first 3 months. 90% will happen in the first month. Not counting repeats. Cause well you can't buy a woe pet twice.
    As a owner of medium sized company based on internet sales i do not agree.
    Anyway... we can argue whole day about these topic but i think it is becoming slightly pointless and spammy.
    See ya in different thread soon!

BTW - i still love your art and video editing of hirumaredx.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a owner of medium sized company based on internet sales i do not agree.
    Anyway... we can argue whole day about these topic but i think it is becoming slightly pointless and spammy.
    See ya in different thread soon!

BTW - i still love your art and video editing of hirumaredx.
    Eh guess it depends on the medium, but for a thing like this I garuntee most of them will sell during the charity thing, many people I know ONLY buy the chairty pets.
    Yeah you are right, agree to disagree
    We shall see

... Thank you.

I asked that seriously over on youtube. What is the purpose of the 3mil cap? Why is it there? Who does it benefit? Is there a legal restriction?

Because it sounds shady, because I'm naturally skeptical of Blizzard after their past behavior. But I also want to be fair and not jump to conclusions. So far I haven't seen anyone come up with a legit reason for the 3mil cap. It appears to only serve to potentially let Blizzard profit off a charity. And whether or not they actually do make a profit is beside the point that it's their intent to do so.

So if someone has an actual provable reason for the cap, I'd like to know.