Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Considering Bwomsamdi's connection to the Shadowlands and his masters specifically, now it seems a good a time as any to question just how powerful a Loa can become, and what the most powerful ones actually are.
    What is a Loa anyway? Because after Shadowlands reveal and the bits of lore we got, I'm starting to wonder if he's a loa at all, at least in the trolls' understanding.

    He's revered by a race, he can empower mortals, he can capture souls and lead them into his own pocket dimension... Sounds like Odyn or Helya, and they are not loas.

    Bwonsamdi might as well be just a creature sent from Shadowlands to the mortal world, who took an appearence very similar to a troll to appease the race that reveres him, with a single intention to steal souls and lead them straight into the Maw or wherever else. Taking the position of "Loa of Death" would certainly help - tricking trolls into leading even more souls to him for "boons". He's way too powerful for a loa, and he seems to be outside the cycle that similar creatures like other loas, celestials or ancients are in.

    I expect some shocking twist regarding his character in Shadowlands / The Other Side. I have a feeling he is not what he looks to be and that his motives, which we still don't know yet, are not alligned with ours.

    Remember that he was hella scared after finding out Vol'jin's soul was not in the urn. He and his master don't want him roam free in fear of him finding out something the mortals that are being tricked mustn't know.

  2. #42
    Pictured, What happens to dirty Amani that try to attack the High Elf and Human Kingdoms.


  3. #43
    They're just stupid trolls. What makes you believe they could do anything against PEOPLE, regardless of how many years they had to try???

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,979
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    What is a Loa anyway? Because after Shadowlands reveal and the bits of lore we got, I'm starting to wonder if he's a loa at all, at least in the trolls' understanding.

    He's revered by a race, he can empower mortals, he can capture souls and lead them into his own pocket dimension... Sounds like Odyn or Helya, and they are not loas.

    Bwonsamdi might as well be just a creature sent from Shadowlands to the mortal world, who took an appearence very similar to a troll to appease the race that reveres him, with a single intention to steal souls and lead them straight into the Maw or wherever else. Taking the position of "Loa of Death" would certainly help - tricking trolls into leading even more souls to him for "boons". He's way too powerful for a loa, and he seems to be outside the cycle that similar creatures like other loas, celestials or ancients are in.

    I expect some shocking twist regarding his character in Shadowlands / The Other Side. I have a feeling he is not what he looks to be and that his motives, which we still don't know yet, are not alligned with ours.

    Remember that he was hella scared after finding out Vol'jin's soul was not in the urn. He and his master don't want him roam free in fear of him finding out something the mortals that are being tricked mustn't know.
    Do you even play the game or just hate the character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Do you even play the game or just hate the character?
    You decide to reply to my post and this is all you've come up with? How did you even come into and idea that I hate Bwomsamdi? Like, what.

    Yes, I do play the game. No, I don't hate the character. Yes, you are trolling. You decided to post something that not only has nothing to do with the thread, it also has nothing to do with my post (granted you developed the ability to read with basic understanding).

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,979
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    You decide to reply to my post and this is all you've come up with? How did you even come into and idea that I hate Bwomsamdi? Like, what.

    Yes, I do play the game. No, I don't hate the character. Yes, you are trolling. You decided to post something that not only has nothing to do with the thread, it also has nothing to do with my post (granted you developed the ability to read with basic understanding).
    You're literally saying the dude works for the guy in the Maw and that his other side pocket dimension is just a dooraway for him and that his motivation and goals aren't the same as ours and yet he send us to investigate what happened to Vol'jin soul, give us a door to visit the LK Bolvar and Eyir and even says Sylvanas is destroying the balance of the cycle of life and death, so I ask you again are just posting this because you want him as a dungeon boss or just accuse people of being "trolls" becayse they don't agree with your theories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  7. #47
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    21,545
    There's also the fact that the Amani soldiers needed supplies, sleep, rest, healing etc - things the Scourge does not. The Scourge could march endlessly, tirelessly without the need of food or water. Even if you lost a ghoul, you could reanimate it, just like you could reanime the fallen elves and what not.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    You're literally saying the dude works for the guy in the Maw and that his other side pocket dimension is just a dooraway for him and that his motivation and goals aren't the same as ours and yet he send us to investigate what happened to Vol'jin soul, give us a door to visit the LK Bolvar and Eyir and even says Sylvanas is destroying the balance of the cycle of life and death, so I ask you again are just posting this because you want him as a dungeon boss or just accuse people of being "trolls" becayse they don't agree with your theories?
    Oh my... well. I'm going to be patient, which is rare for me.

    Bwomsamdi's help to find Vol'jin's spirit in understandable. He and his master really want his spirit. He also must know Eyir and LK have their ways of intercepting souls, so it's kind of logical why he sends us there.

    The relationship between Sylvanas and the Maw / Jailer is also still unknown for us. We don't know her plan at all (because 69d chess) and she kind of destroyed the cycle by unleashing the Shadowlands.

    And I think you completely missed what I think about Bwomsamdi. I'm intrigued by his character, because he's mysterious and powerful. We don't know his intention, his end game, his origins, nothing.

    If by your definition thinking that something isn't like it seems to be and expecting some huge twist is hating, then I guess Blizzard hates its own game's lore, because it's full of that.

    And I'm all in for a discussion with people who disagree. You are not one of those people though, since you provided nothing of substance to this discussion. "Do you even play the game or just hate him?" doesn't spring discussion, it just reeks of toxicity and unwillingness to discuss from your side.

    EDIT: @down

    While I appreciate you finally discussing something, I really dislike the style of quoting someone sentence after sentence because you are dropping a lot of context that way. It's obvious you completely misunderstood my intentions and now you're going hard into it for the sake of feeling in the right.
    Besides, we went waaaaay offtopic so let's end this conversation right here.
    Last edited by keymil; 2019-12-10 at 09:52 PM.

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,979
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Oh my... well. I'm going to be patient, which is rare for me.
    What a greal way of replying people

    Bwomsamdi's help to find Vol'jin's spirit in understandable. He and his master really want his spirit. He also must know Eyir and LK have their ways of intercepting souls, so it's kind of logical why he sends us there.
    Or being an irresponsible god of death is bad for his position and realm, since having his own afterlife must come from some rules he has to follow or else he lose all the souls he has been guarding and from the very start of the trolls(after all the loa exist before the trolls and came to them at the dawn of their civilization)

    Besides it's Talanji that summons him and goes to see Bwonsamdi in order to know why he didn't take his soul as Vol'jin expected to the surprise of the loa and after that he doesn't try any scam of "you know, if you stay in my realm I can help you later or you can find answers there" to him which means his soul is not longer abid to the contract he has with the Shadowhunters and encourages him to investigate in the SL

    The relationship between Sylvanas and the Maw / Jailer is also still unknown for us. We don't know her plan at all (because 69d chess) and she kind of destroyed the cycle by unleashing the Shadowlands.
    and why are you mentioning this in a discussion about Bwonsamdi? We're speaking of him and his relationship with the Jailer which as we know Blizzard confirmed nobody but Sylvanas knows he's real, for all the denizen, he is just a big boogeyman.

    And I think you completely missed what I think about Bwomsamdi. I'm intrigued by his character, because he's mysterious and powerful. We don't know his intention, his end game, his origins, nothing.
    Oh pardon me, usually seeing people that expeculates a character to act OoC and end up as an evil character is often not a sign of finding him likeable. Besides we know he is older than the trolls, he collects souls of trolls and keep them in his afterlife well cared if you take in account the book Shadows of the Horde as canon where Sen'jin speaks with his son Vol'jin about having a nice time in the Other Side

    If by your definition thinking that something isn't like it seems to be and expecting some huge twist is hating, then I guess Blizzard hates its own game's lore, because it's full of that.
    Again I'm against any "twist" that makes the character act OoC as we see his goal here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yye6Oaw4phM

    He only wants to keep the flow of the souls without disrupting the balance, nothing really evil here and besides you know well Blizzard doesn't do twist as the twist of Teldrassil and Sylvanas reign were in their own words

    And I'm all in for a discussion with people who disagree. You are not one of those people though, since you provided nothing of substance to this discussion. "Do you even play the game or just hate him?" doesn't spring discussion, it just reeks of toxicity and unwillingness to discuss from your side.
    What circustamces do you want me to give? You already said you played and pay attention to game and yet you still expect things that wouldn't happen merely because it goes against their current storyline they are crafting to end in SL

    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Pictured, What happens to dirty Amani that try to attack the High Elf and Human Kingdoms.
    Picture of the stinky humans getting rekt when they face an enemy at evening odds

    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    4,493
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well we have examples in real history of once great civilizations doing the same,mayans and other south american empires

    Very true, not to mention that in-game Troll civilization appears to be modelled after the RL Aztec or Mayan one
    "This world is a prison!"

  11. #51
    dar'khan drathir

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Picture of the stinky humans getting rekt when they face an enemy at evening odds

    I don’t remember that image exactly. Is it a memory of the Frozen Throne Horde campaign?

  13. #53
    High Overlord Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    I don’t remember that image exactly. Is it a memory of the Frozen Throne Horde campaign?
    I think it's Daelin Proundmoore dying from Jaina's Warbringers video

    And about Bwonsamdi, I don't think he's evil really. More like Chaotic Neutral or Morally Gray I'd say
    Last edited by Bwonsamdi the Dead; 2019-12-11 at 01:39 PM.

    Eventually everyone comes to me
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    And about Bwonsamdi, I don't think he's evil
    I’m glad you clarified that. It wasn’t exactly clear from your name and avatar alone

  15. #55
    be honest if there was no traitor in Quel thalas, i dont think Arthas would win that war easily. He probably would say something like that after some time "fuck it lets go to stormwind"

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    be honest if there was no traitor in Quel thalas, i dont think Arthas would win that war easily. He probably would say something like that after some time "fuck it lets go to stormwind"
    He would keep at it until the kingdom is rubble, he needed the sunwell after all.

  17. #57
    Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Monkey Rock
    Posts
    1,102
    "This was our land, Troll land! We Amani was here before anyone! the elves and their alliance kept to drive us out but we never give up, we never forget." - Zul'jin

    Along with all that was said above that scourge was way more powerful and had better circumstances to invade, from Zul'jin speech the trolls motivations were to just stay on their (rightful) land other than completely dominate/overtake from the elfs.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2019-12-12 at 03:36 PM.


    "... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17


    "My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •