Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What will Azshara do now? (spoilers just in case)

So, as we now know from 8.3 ptr, Azshara will survive Ny'alotha. Her master and enemy, N'zoth is dead, her kingdom is destroyed. What will she do now? Everyone in Azeroth is occupied mainly with holding back the Scourge that runs all over the planet while main and best forces of Azeroth are in Shadowlands.
    Azshara always dreamed to be queen of all Azeroth. But what will she do now? Just return to Nazjatar and rebuild the pitiful remains of her naga forces? To begin with, they were transformed by N'zoth, so great portion of their powers is gone, and we also broke their kingdom, destroyed the Hatchery and so on.
    I see it she can pick up the few remaining naga and settle somewhere near seacoast. But is that all? To rule a small village of refugees instead of the whole world?

I hope Blizz had something in mind when they decided to keep her alive.
    So I see 3 general options:

1. She finds a place for nage to live and become neutral for a very very long time or forever.

2. She begins to realise errors of her ways and move on some redemption arc, helping us agains Sylvanas\Jailer\Void\Legion\Whatever next evil.

3. She starts to plot in hopes to return power, making a pact with Tichondrius\Void to release Sargeras\summon Voidlords' forces to Azeroth.

Surely, anything is possible here. What variant you see possibe\desirable?

I mean, she was looking for ways to be equal to N'zoth from the start. I doubt his defeat means anything to her, and she was shown to plotting his demise herself.

Also I don't think N'zoth being dead will change much for the naga, they lose the direct support from him yeah but the Klaxxi were still a threat/danger without Y'shaarj around.

I would think she's slinking off to find a way to fortified her own power again. As far as I know, she only aligned with N'zoth because the other option was death.
    Now, that shackle is gone and she's free to do whatever. And the naga were devoted to her, not N'zoth (aside from a few I guess, like Uu'nat)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well a lot of people were upset about her being some middle of the road boss...now she can come back one day and be a end of the line boss for a expansion perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Well a lot of people were upset about her being some middle of the road boss...now she can come back one day and be a end of the line boss for a expansion perhaps.
    Maybe. Happened to Archimonde, though to be fair the first fight was basically a flashback to WC 3 and assumed dead dead until WOD.

Azshara should not have a redemption arc. Not for any lesson-related reasons, just because she's delightfully hammy in every appearance in BFA and I want to get more of that in the next one. In an expansion of rather one-note villains, who're either "Roar, me smash" or "Life is pain uwu", she was a breath of fresh air.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I kind of hope her survival means there is yet hope for playable Naga down the line. I don't even want her redeemed, I'm with @Super Dickmann on that she's just too fun to kill off. Keeping her around as a constant background, scheming villain in a game where villains have to be killed off in formulaic fashion or imprisoned, or driven back to their realm is a breath of fresh air. It's what they should have done with Deathwing to begin with had they written him you know, well.

She had 10 thousand years to build something that was destroyed by a bunch of heroes as soon as we've crossed her path, so maybe we'll see her again in 20 thousand years this time

I hope they don't go for 2 (redemption). 1 would be weird af, 3 is the most likely, especially with what she said before leaving in Ny'alotha

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really expect her to be "redemed" or anything like that, i expect her to come back as full blown enemy in a future expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't really expect her to be "redemed" or anything like that, i expect her to come back as full blown enemy in a future expansion.
    Probably, WOW is thriving on recycled villains, she's been deliberately left as a possible plot hook / new story seed for the future, same as Wrathion, Jaina, au Gul'dan were, and Alleria / Tyrande / Yrel / Illidan + Sargeras still are. The only difference is Azshara is a more important personality in WOW lore than the rest of that list, except Sargeras. 100% she'll be recycled, like Nefarian or Kael'thas or basically everyone in the WOD roster were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Azshara should not have a redemption arc. Not for any lesson-related reasons, just because she's delightfully hammy in every appearance in BFA and I want to get more of that in the next one. In an expansion of rather one-note villains, who're either "Roar, me smash" or "Life is pain uwu", she was a breath of fresh air.
    Yep she's actually pretty cool, Ghuun was a nobody pulled out of nowhere, Rastakhan was portrayed as too dumb to have been king for the last 300 years, Jaina was having "poor me" self-pity story, Sylvanas became "I wanna destroy everything" emo kid, basically the same level of crappy storytelling that Deathwing was, Nzoth we'll see but I don't expect much over typical old god themes that we went through 2-3 times already.

If I think what other villains actually looked interesting in WOW, that would probably be Arthas, Nefarian, Elisande, Azshara and maybe Lei Shen. A lot of the others either had very little story to them, or had a very one-dimensional portrayal, or were ruined by crappy "villain of the week" story. Especially TBC Illidan, Deathwing and Kil'jaeden absolutely didn't get the treatment they deserved as the major lore figures.

She's going to be the end boss of a tier, together with Sylvanas. A twin-style fight.

Rebuild her kingdom at the bottom of the ocean, pretty much undisturbed and plotting world domination, same old story.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of her titles when she ruled the world was The Vainglorious. You really think someone adopting that title would just 'settle down with a small colony' ? Rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Probably, WOW is thriving on recycled villains, she's been deliberately left as a possible plot hook / new story seed for the future, same as Wrathion, Jaina, au Gul'dan were, and Alleria / Tyrande / Yrel / Illidan + Sargeras still are. The only difference is Azshara is a more important personality in WOW lore than the rest of that list, except Sargeras. 100% she'll be recycled, like Nefarian or Kael'thas or basically everyone in the WOD roster were.
    Oh they will definitely recycle her at some point, but i would argue her importance. She -was- important a long time ago, now she is as important as every other villain we have faced. Maybe she will go back to her old flame...

I don't want an Azshara redemption arc at all. First because it looks like Blizzard may already be gearing up for one with She Who Must Not Be Named, and second because she was a fun, hammy villain. It's nice to have a Queen Bitch that we're not supposed to like or side with, but whose banter and disses we can enjoy.

As for what she'll do, really who knows at this point. Her dialog indicates she wants even higher power than what an Old God offers- and there isn't too much of that around. The Void Lords are out of her reach, she most likely has nothing at all to do with the Shadowlands, Life and Light magic seem completely out of the question for her character, and the Fel is experiencing a bear market at the moment. That seems to leave the power of the Titans, which she would covet as a mighty Mage herself.

My money's on "disappear from the story for years".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could use some villains that we don't kill off to hang around for a while and be a constant source of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Rebuild her kingdom at the bottom of the ocean, pretty much undisturbed and plotting world domination, same old story.
    Oh noes.. i hope that wont happen. It would be like Kael 2.0 or everyone else that came back a second time cuz they were really cool the first time -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    > Azshara
    > not a one-note villain

what

I think the most natural play for Azshara keeping with her character is to try to steal Azeroth’s (the Titan) power or to put her consciousness in Azeroth/mind swap/Freaky Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    > Azshara
    > not a one-note villain

what
    Two notes are still twice as many as one.

Joking aside; I honestly believe her avoidance of dying is a good setup for her to do something twisty. Leaving her to be a villain that gained more power for herself, and hopefully not because she sided with one of our cosmic threats like the Void or Legion.