Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

We need this method of dealing with Gankers to be even more widespread and known.

Hey.

People have apprently found certain items that can spawn Killable NPC's and if the oppotsite faction kill them, that's an instan Dishonorable kill.

This was going the rounds on reddit earlier with 6 gold and 6 silver gilded, but the reddit post got deleted, Tho this news post explains it all.

https://www.newsweek.com/world-warcr...-kills-1475321

10+ Year Old Account
    Now on my list, a yeti.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Alternate thread title: How to be a dick on a PvP realm.

There's a reason this was deleted from reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

The dick move is ganking people.

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.

"its not okay for there to be a risk associated with ganking its only supposed to inconvenience the gankee not the ganker no no no!" t. you

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad dishonorable kills don't mean a damn thing.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Trick will mostly just punish mages, because they're the only ones seriously spamming AoE moves.
    Even then, it will mostly just work in any of those big zergs happening in IF / Org.

This is not retail where a bunch of cleave / spread AoE mechanics are built into a lot of abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Right now, killing people gives honor, honor means rewards.

Killing people = Rewards.
    PvP (which includes getting ganked) is part of the risk factor on any PvP Server.

That aside, it won't stop people, they just will be more careful.
    Though i see a problem once BG's come out, because having a "pocket" Civilian is just bogus.

Edit:
    Going by the link, it seems to only work while you're on the quest and summon the yeti from the quest item, yet the quest item requires you to target one of the three goblins in Everlook, Gadgetzan or Marshal's refuge, so you seemingly can't just summon it anywhere and only in those three locations.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-12-04 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Too bad dishonorable kills don't mean a damn thing.
    That's absolutely not true.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    too bad i already completed that quest

The solution to ganking is always 1. Bring 1 more friend, or be a paladin/rogue. I have never been ganked in like 15 years of WoW. Sure, it happens every now and then by big groups of 3 or 4 (or high level in the past) but not as much. Even rarer if you are a rogue. Bring bubble/HS back and pallies wont have to deal with it anymore too XD

Edit: Just to edit, i often even won 2vs1 fights as a paladin. Maybe they needed to nerf pallies xD Then again, that was in Wrath,cata,pandaria and Legion. Idk about Draenor and BFA. I'm rogue in BFA. I suspect pallies are still doing great.

Whats the reason?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    I have never been ganked in like 15 years of WoW. Sure, it happens every now and then
    I am so confused. So you are saying you have never been ganked, except for the times when you get ganked?

There is a big difference between gankers and rankers. Gankers dont give a shit about DKs. Most of the rankers already know about all the NPCs that are flagged and are either not going to farm in spots where you can get a DK or are completely aware that you might try to pull this off.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

It can only work once on each ganker , and if you manage to give them the dk it means you either have to log off or deal with more aggressive corpse camping so all in all I don't know how much is it worth for the ganked

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Bring bubble/HS back and pallies wont have to deal with it anymore too XD
    Bubble/HS gives you one get out of gank free card every hearthstone cooldown. It is not immunity from ganking unless you just plan to hide in whatever city you hearth to until your cooldown expires.

3+ Year Old Account
    Griefing the griefers, I love it.

Being a dick on a pvp realm is the purpose of pvp realms.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Whats the reason?
    The same reason anything ever gets deleted from reddit: It's against the rules. Somebody at Blizzard must've PM'd a Mod and told them it was exploit territory.

15+ Year Old Account
    People whos ganking at those areas be like "Dont like pvp? Move to a different server pve carebear"
    Suddenly people "fight back" and the "world PVPers" get upset they cant camp certain towns and FPs anylonger.
    Im guessing it was like this in Vanilla, #nO cHaNgeS right? Hope this and the "Eye of Arachnida" thing isnt changed.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...r_you/f9jhgg2/
    Enjoy ruining gankers lives
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.
    Dont join a pvp realm if you cant handle ganking you boob.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I am so confused. So you are saying you have never been ganked, except for the times when you get ganked?
    That is exactly what he said lol