Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You are arguing for hurting some innocent players, because overall, it's probably hurting more guilty (in your opinion) players. The greater good lol.

In the end post you immediately contradict yourself. "Its not about moral high ground. It's about curbing asshole behavior" lolol. You're pretty much saying it's not about me being right, it's about everyone else being wrong. Haha
    Ganking and corpsecampers, pretty much only hurts players who are at the receiving end: you sleep
    Finding a method to fight back against such behavior by giving them dishonorable kills: "B-BBBUT WHAT ABOUT THE INNOCENTS WHO MIGHT BE VICTIMIZED"

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    The solution to ganking is always 1. Bring 1 more friend, or be a paladin/rogue. I have never been ganked in like 15 years of WoW. Sure, it happens every now and then by big groups of 3 or 4 (or high level in the past) but not as much. Even rarer if you are a rogue. Bring bubble/HS back and pallies wont have to deal with it anymore too XD

Edit: Just to edit, i often even won 2vs1 fights as a paladin. Maybe they needed to nerf pallies xD Then again, that was in Wrath,cata,pandaria and Legion. Idk about Draenor and BFA. I'm rogue in BFA. I suspect pallies are still doing great.
    Spot the liar!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh hey, in my moral quandary I forgot to mention: The guy I ran off the road had a newborn strapped in the backseat and he was driving home from his wife's chemo treatment. Still think people would take my side?

This is silly. It's not even about morality at this point.

You are obviously incredibly worked up by the concept of corpse camping despite this being something that has been a part of PvP on WoW since the beginning of time.
    Do you honestly feel like I should humor your incomparable bullshit analogies? If so, that might be even more funny than you feeling victimized for getting punished for camping other people.

ITT: No changes to my classic experience, but please grief the people who's playing the classic experience so i can play my classic experience because their experience is wrong therefore my way is the only right way.

That's a big yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Its the same concept, you do something scummy to screw over multiple people.
    Not really.

One is being scummy to people who did nothing to you.
    Other is being scummy in retaliation to people who are severely inhibiting your ability to play.

People really have to learn how analogies work before they use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ganking and corpsecampers, pretty much only hurts players who are at the receiving end: you sleep
    Finding a method to fight back against such behavior by giving them dishonorable kills: "B-BBBUT WHAT ABOUT THE INNOCENTS WHO MIGHT BE VICTIMIZED"
    So you cant link my quote where I defended them?

So you cant link my quote where I defended them?
    1. I missed your edit.
    2. Pedantry won't help.

You've been in this thread constantly taking the side of scorned gankers and tacitly treating ganking as a normal, respectable activity while pretending the people who use this method to punish gankers is unfair and mean to them.

Can you link me to your post where you're half as outraged about corpsecampers ruining gameplay for others as you are the people on the receiving end having some way to respond?

Not really.

One is being scummy to people who did nothing to you.
    Other is being scummy in retaliation to people who are severely inhibiting your ability to play.

People really have to learn how analogies work before they use them.
    In a way, you did agree with those behaviors. You chose a pvp server.

That kind of behaviors always existed.

And the exploit with the Yeti things should be bannable.

Heres a series of events, feel free to give me your thoughts on them, yarathir.

Pvp system is released. In this system you get honor as a level 60 from killing lvl 48-60 players. Each one yielding some honor 4x a day.
    Players who want to rank up go out into the world to get honor.
    Players kill ppl multiple times because it's hard to keep track of who you have killed and how many times in a 24 hr period.
    Ppl on the losing end get upset they are being killed for honor, even tho this is by definition what happens on a pvp server.
    A few items get discovered that spawn creatures that count as civilians and thus cause DKs.
    Players who are upset, use these items to ruin a full week of progress to all players.
    Players that group, players that gank, players that corpse camp, but also regular players who are just abiding by the rules of pvp server and whatever other morals you also abide by.
    All of these get inadvertent DKs.

It's ok that all types of players get punished because even tho all abide by the rules of a pvp server, some dont abide by your specific code of pvp conduct?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    In a way, you did agree with those behaviors. You chose a pvp server.

That kind of behaviors always existed.
    And now people found a way to punish you for it. That's great, right? PvP servers are a wild west where everything goes and the bottomline is coming out on top, regardless of the means.

Do you honestly feel like I should humor your incomparable bullshit analogies? If so, that might be even more funny than you feeling victimized for getting punished for camping other people.
    I don't "feel" anything so I'd appreciate it if you'd knock that nonsense off immediately. I have no horse in this race and I'm not defending corpse campers. I'm defending their right to do so because even though it might suck ass to be on the receiving end of it, there's nothing stopping you from rerolling and doling it back out. You insist on making this an issue of morality when it obviously isn't. You're just mad that people are negatively impacting your experience in the game by doing things that are implicitly allowed to happen under the rules you opted into when you rolled on a PvP server.

Heres a series of events, feel free to give me your thoughts on them, yarathir.

Pvp system is released. In this system you get honor as a level 60 from killing lvl 48-60 players. Each one yielding some honor 4x a day.
    Players who want to rank up go out into the world to get honor.
    Players kill ppl multiple times because it's hard to keep track of who you have killed and how many times in a 24 hr period.
    Ppl on the losing end get upset they are being killed for honor, even tho thos is by definition what happens on a pvp server.
    A few items get discovered that spawn creatures that count as civilians and thus cause DKs.
    Players who are upset, use these items to ruin a full week of progress to all players.
    Players that group, players that gank, players that corpse camp, but also regular players who are just abiding by the rules of pvp server and whatever other morals you also abide by.
    All of these get inadvertent DKs.

It's ok that all types of players get punished because even tho all abide by the rules of a pvp server, some dont abide by your specific code of pvp conduct?
    You're using the average player who doesn't engage in unrepentant corpsecamping as a shield to defend those who do indulge in those griefing activities from being struck by something that makes it harder for them to just make the gameplay of the other faction's players harder if not impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't "feel" anything so I'd appreciate it if you'd knock that nonsense off immediately. I have no horse in this race and I'm not defending corpse campers. I'm defending their right to do so because even though it might suck ass to be on the receiving end of it, there's nothing stopping you from rerolling and doling it back out. You insist on making this an issue of morality when it obviously isn't. You're just mad that people are negatively impacting your experience in the game by doing things that are implicitly allowed to happen under the rules you opted into when you rolled on a PvP server.
    I am not mad. I don't even play on a PvP server.

It's just good to see corpsecampers and griefers finally get a taste of their own medicine and the tears are delicious.

But good on you for trying.

And now people found a way to punish you for it. That's great, right? PvP servers are a wild west where everything goes and the bottomline is coming out on top, regardless of the means.
    That moment when gankers doesn't give a fuck and snowflake is left crying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    That moment when gankers doesn't give a fuck and snowflake is left crying again.
    Apparently they do give a fuck. The past few pages are a testament to that.

You're using the average player who doesn't engage in unrepentant corpsecamping as a shield to defend those who do indulge in those griefing activities from being struck by something that makes it harder for them to just make the gameplay of the other faction's players harder if not impossible.
    "You're using innocent ppl as a shield to defend the guilty ppl" yes, you cant punish everyone so you can get the guilty ones.

Got a quote for you that goes along well with that proverb I gave you earlier. "It is better 100 guilty persons should escape than one innocent person should suffer".

In an ideal world, youd punish all those guilty ppl and stop them (even tho they aremt actually guilty according to the company who makes the game you play lol).

- - - Updated - - -

Who tho lol. I dont do any of those activities. I'm advocating against these because it hurts the innocent too.

"You're using innocent ppl as a shield to defend the guilty ppl" yes, you cant punish everyone so you can get the guilty ones.

Got a quote for you that goes along well with that proverb I gave you earlier. "It is better 100 guilty persons should escape than one innocent person should suffer".

In an ideal world, youd punish all those guilty ppl and stop them (even tho they aremt actually guilty according to the company who makes the game you play lol).
    That might work in a situation where we're talking heinous consequences. Not ones where you might lose some honor because you were fighting somebody 1v1 and they decided to be a cheap-ass and pop this item.

Nobody dies, nobody suffers heavily, other than the fact that people in huge groups that use an insane amount of AoE and kill several of these at once lose a lot of honor.

And again, you're here basically saying you don't feel there's anything wrong with corpsecamping, so don't try to play the bulwark of the innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not mad. I don't even play on a PvP server.

It's just good to see corpsecampers and griefers finally get a taste of their own medicine and the tears are delicious.

But good on you for trying.
    ...so, you're just an asshole that likes to be an asshole towards people who are assholes to people who aren't assholes?

That hurt to type almost as much as it hurts to realize you're being 100% serious.

Well, such thing hurts spirit of a pvp realm. Ganking does not.

...so, you're just an asshole that likes to be an asshole towards people who are assholes to people who aren't assholes?

That hurt to type almost as much as it hurts to realize you're being 100% serious.
    If you kill your enemies, they win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Well, such thing hurts spirit of a pvp realm. Ganking does not.
    Corpsecamping and griefing hurts the spirit of the game. And if you seriously inhibit a player's ability to play for hours upon hours to the point that they don't even want to play, I'm not going to sympathize with you for being tossed some dishonorable kills.

That might work in a situation where we're talking heinous consequences. Not ones where you might lose some honor because you were fighting somebody 1v1 and they decided to be a cheap-ass and pop this item.

Nobody dies, nobody suffers heavily, other than the fact that people in huge groups that use an insane amount of AoE and kill several of these at once lose a lot of honor.

And again, you're here basically saying you don't feel there's anything wrong with corpsecamping, so don't try to play the bulwark of the innocent.
    This all boils down to this:
    Ppl should play the game the way I think is right. When they corpse camp / gank / whatever else I dont like to waste an hour of someone's time, they are assholes. But when I use items in an exploitative way to give them and innocent ppl a DK, ruining their whole week, its justified.

Did I miss anything?