Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You mean I'm passionate enough to respond to a thread in which I posted?

First you proclaim that I'm too close to the source and that I'm biased because I'm probably playing on a PvP server as a gank victim and I have a skewed view of PvP servers. Then you proclaim that I can't comment because I'm not close enough to the source.

And no, you definitely don't seem at all upset, or anything. And I love gankers.
    Where did I claim you play on a pvp server as a game victim? I'll wait this quote too lol.

Idk man. Enjoy your retail but your opinion on what is fair in a pvp server of a game you dont even play is pretty near worthless. Why so upset about gankers and campers that you feel the need to white knight their victims in a forum and laigh about their hypothetical comeuppance?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Where did I claim you play on a pvp server as a game victim? I'll wait this quote too lol.
    Earlier on, you were all on top of that "You are just mad about PvPers because you got ganked too often and now think all PvPers are evil boogeyman" spiel. I guess there's not so much truth to that anymore, so you have to shift the goalpost.
    Idk man. Enjoy your retail but your opinion on what is fair in a pvp server of a game you dont even play is pretty near worthless. Why so upset about gankers and campers that you feel the need to white knight their victims in a forum and laigh about their hypothetical comeuppance?
    I don't need to personally be affected by something to think it's bad, though. Any adult can understand that.

And corpsecamping and griefing shits up the game for many players, so of course I'll laugh at the hypothetical comeuppance.

Lastly, if my opinion on it is worthless or near-worthless, then you're free to ignore me, instead of obsessively trying to score points by quoting my posts from other threads or throwing strawman arguments at me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What, the bit that spawned NPC allies probably should never have been flagged as civilians, and therefore this is a bug? Sure; I'm not really asking that anything be done about it (this all sounds so weird being we're talking about a hypothetical situation that was never actually the case but w/e the topic itself is kinda interesting) but if it were, I'd support people asking that the bug be hotfixed.

At the same time I'd still laugh at genuine griefers who got caught out by this; but I suspect the overwhelming majority of people getting stung are just "honest" PvPers rolling around Felwood, BRM, Winterspring etc. to look for honorable kills and I'd sympathise with potentially hours of work being eradicated by what I consider a bug.
    More to do with the fact that it seems like you think something can't be cancerous just because Blizzard allows it or won't ban you for it, while being harsher on things simply because Blizzard is likely to disallow it. That's all that I meant by it.

Since this thing never worked to begin with, nobody got caught by it, but I feel like the people most likely to be caught by it are indeed groups of griefers camping people at the graveyard or their corpses with AoE spam.

Second to that, people in more equal PvP groups, where either a member of one group pops it or an outsider does, in which case, I agree that sucks, but I think at that point you can blacklist/kick/avoid that person, knowing that they engage in that.

Earlier on, you were all on top of that "You are just mad about PvPers because you got ganked too often and now think all PvPers are evil boogeyman" spiel. I guess there's not so much truth to that anymore, so you have to shift the goalpost.

I don't need to personally be affected by something to think it's bad, though. Any adult can understand that.

And corpsecamping and griefing shits up the game for many players, so of course I'll laugh at the hypothetical comeuppance.

Lastly, if my opinion on it is worthless or near-worthless, then you're free to ignore me, instead of obsessively trying to score points by quoting my posts from other threads or throwing strawman arguments at me.
    So no quote because I never actually said that. Ok lmao. Who's got the strawman now

Well when you have no experience with the game it's easy to see how your opinions on it can be so deluded. I dont play retail so I dont post in threads talking about warmode. Easy peasy. You believe it's a much bigger problem than it is so you eagerly post about how happy you are that this method would give them their comeuppance, while not understanding that in the majority of cases its just going to affect innocent players.

I was replying because I wanted to understand how your opinion on this could be so different than mine. But now that I see you dont even play the game, its clear

Quote Originally Posted by Gammis View Post
    And so is defending yourself from said gankers, I am so sorry if this has ruined your life and your game, but you ruin the game for others so... I guess it is what you could call equivalent exchange, haha.
    Nope, because i don't play on a PvP server. My statement was to the OP that if they played on a Classic PvP sever, and didn't expect to be ganked and camped... they should think of Rerolling PvE. Ganking like this has always been part of Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Alternate thread title: How to be a dick on a PvP realm.

There's a reason this was deleted from reddit.
    whats your standard answer ? Oh yeah go on a PVE Server...

So no quote because I never actually said that. Ok lmao. Who's got the strawman now

Well when you have no experience with the game it's easy to see how your opinions on it can be so deluded. I dont play retail so I dont post in threads talking about warmode. Easy peasy. You believe it's a much bigger problem than it is so you eagerly post about how happy you are that this method would give them their comeuppance, while not understanding that in the majority of cases its just going to affect innocent players.

I was replying because I wanted to understand how your opinion on this could be so different than mine. But now that I see you dont even play the game, its clear
    I played early WoW, Ellieg. I know what the PvP system was like back then and it doesn't require being a brain surgeon to understand how the PvP system works in Classic.
    I can also see from disputes and discussions, videos about the conduct of players, as well as precedent how things function. There is no mysticism, no secret club.

"in the majority of cases, it's just going to affect innocent players."

And I already explained why it wouldn't have, if it were real.

Also, my opinion isn't worth much, right? You're still responding.

More to do with the fact that it seems like you think something can't be cancerous just because Blizzard allows it or won't ban you for it, while being harsher on things simply because Blizzard is likely to disallow it. That's all that I meant by it.
    Oh fair enough. I think within the context of a game, the rules are the only real measure as to whether something is "okay" or not; as many people are keen to remind you "hate the game not the player" style. So guilty as charged I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I played early WoW, Ellieg. I know what the PvP system was like back then and it doesn't require being a brain surgeon to understand how the PvP system works in Classic.
    I can also see from disputes and discussions, videos about the conduct of players, as well as precedent how things function. There is no mysticism, no secret club.

"in the majority of cases, it's just going to affect innocent players."

And I already explained why it wouldn't have, if it were real.

Also, my opinion isn't worth much, right? You're still responding.
    As did I. But as many are willing to point out, the way the game is played now is extremely dif than it was played back then.

If you are not currently playing, it's easy to see why you think players are getting chain camped by the same people.

It's also easy to see why you dont think it's going to affect innocent players more than "guilty" ones.

As I stated before, people like you are very entertaining to talk to imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The dick move is ganking people.
    Anyone who says that should stick to pve safe space realms.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Oh fair enough. I think within the context of a game, the rules are the only real measure as to whether something is "okay" or not; as many people are keen to remind you "hate the game not the player" style. So guilty as charged I suppose.
    I personally don't agree with that. If your activities aren't against the ToS but they ruin the gameplay in a meaningful way for other players (ninjaing, severe corpsecamping, etc.) then I feel like you can make up your own opinion about whether they are bad or not, regardless of what Blizzard thinks.

- - - Updated - - -

As did I. But as many are willing to point out, the way the game is played now is extremely dif than it was played back then.

If you are not currently playing, it's easy to see why you think players are getting chain camped by the same people.

It's also easy to see why you dont think it's going to affect innocent players more than "guilty" ones.

As I stated before, people like you are very entertaining to talk to imo.
    ellieg, sorry, but this post is basically "you think you do, but you don't."

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    2 major classification of realms. 1 where you have to opt into pvp and can decide when and where at any time to ensure it is "fair ". The other is one where you are opted onto pvp 99% of the time and are vulnerable to being attacked when it is not "fair". Ppl who join the 2md type and then complain that it is not fair, never cease to amaze me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally don't agree with that. If your activities aren't against the ToS but they ruin the gameplay in a meaningful way for other players (ninjaing, severe corpsecamping, etc.) then I feel like you can make up your own opinion about whether they are bad or not, regardless of what Blizzard thinks.

- - - Updated - - -

ellieg, sorry, but this post is basically "you think you do, but you don't."
    Please explain. I don't think I see your point.

But both of those are, right? Ninjaing (albeit the definition may be a lot stricter than what some would prefer) and severe corpse camping were both actionable, as was griefing in the form of killing all the quest NPCs for an extended duration.

As to this particular discussion I'm not sure we actually disagree about the behaviour being pretty shitty; even if we think so for different reasons.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-12-05 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

That dosen't solve the problem of gankers, That's just you turning a blind eye to the problem and running away. This DK method could actully solve it and make them stop.
    Don't.... play a PVP server???

The dick move is ganking people.

Giving them a few DK's might teach them to stop.
    I think we all know that the real dick move is rolling on a PvP realm and bitching about being ganked.

- - - Updated - - -

That dosen't solve the problem of gankers, That's just you turning a blind eye to the problem and running away. This DK method could actully solve it and make them stop.
    Yes it does solve the problem. Don't get PvP tagged and you won't have to worry about being ganked.

This method would make me clear my schedule and camp you till you do actually reroll PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Alternate thread title: How to be a dick on a PvP realm.

There's a reason this was deleted from reddit.
    A dick move is corpse camping a player for no reason and while he has rez sickness at the graveyard.

Until Blizzard fixes this it is what the Horde deserves and should get full of.
    If I actually could get to Winterspring without 2134161231 deaths on the way from Felwood I would have done the same but I don't really even care about classic anymore.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Which i do. i never claimed to be on a pvp server

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I think we all know that the real dick move is rolling on a PvP realm and bitching about being ganked.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does solve the problem. Don't get PvP tagged and you won't have to worry about being ganked.

This method would make me clear my schedule and camp you till you do actually reroll PvE.
    I am on a PvE server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Don't.... play a PVP server???
    i'm not on a pvp server

LMAO all these gankers crying xD

The problem, that any non sub-human minus habens can easily see is that isn't the PVP itself the issue but the correlation between :

1. Population and 2. H:A Ratio 3. Spy adddon.

15y ago we didnt have 15k o whatever server capacity, at best it was 3-4k? so naturally if you decide to go on a PvP server for some PvP action you 100% did it thinking "ah well it will be 50:50 or 55:45 at worst" but unfortunately Blizzard peeps are very dumb and naive to not copy cat private servers that let you see nearly real time the ratio and pop of their server so you can decide to go there or elsewhere.

But that was too hard to understand for them.

So now we have for example, server with 15k player and a ratio of lets say 60 : 40 for Horde, that means 9k horde players vs 6k alliance player when back in 2004 an average server could handle 3k people so basically 1800 hordies vs 1200 alliance
    You can clearly see that 600 player diff vs 3000 player diff, is a HUGE GAP that can makes things the shitshow it is now because 300 player extra spreaded over the usual 5 high lvl zone is quite different than 3000
    Now imagine these 3000 extra player with spy addon scouting people 200y away, or 50y now.

So in the end isn't really a problem to get ganked on pvp server, or at least it wasnt back then, it is a problem NOW because there is so many people on a server that basically you are literally farmed so often that you cant literally have the usual cycle of "questin -> ganked -> questing -> ganked" but only ganked.
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2019-12-05 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    They arent doing it for "pvp". They are farming honor, because honor is what the game rewards the players by. Not how many fair 1v1s they can win.

Blame the system and the poor implementation of even having a phase 2 to begin with by blizz.

Being angry at players ganking is about as logical as being angry over how many arathi fire elementals are dying... The players will do whatever the game system incentivises them to do. Wich atm is to kill as many players as possible in as small a group as they can get away with for maximum honor. Its a competition so players will go however far they need to stay ahead.

Ppl that gank once bgs are out thou, are total dicks.

You had me until you spewed out this nonsense. Reroll PvE or stay in your capital city until you get summoned to your dungeon m8.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go into a PvE realm? I mean, world pvp is meant to be wild.

Which i do. i never claimed to be on a pvp server

- - - Updated - - -

I am on a PvE server.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm not on a pvp server
    Then what are you bitching about? What players are ganking you? Why are you getting PvP tagged? So many questions.