Dutch parlement pushes forced 30% womensquota

Rejoice. Today dutch parlement pushed a law that forces companies to hire atleast 30% women in boardroom positions, regardless of quality and availability.

Being the first, globally, the parlement is in direct conflict with several anti discrimination laws, but thinks this is the only way to increase the ammount of women in top positions.

Personally, i think the best person should get the job. Period. As a result of this, the next decade female accomplishments will mean nothing, as a female top position has diminished to value of a participation trophy. You just have to be female. Other minorities will stand in line to demand their own quotas.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's your source?

And this sort of thread isn't allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Where's your source?

And this sort of thread isn't allowed
    Just out, just dutch media for now

https://www.nu.nl/politiek/6015271/k...ijfsleven.html

What isnt allowed? Discussing ground breaking job market decisions? Or governments ignoring discrimination laws? Or is it because it has the word womensquota in it? Thats a real thing now. Get used to it.
    Last edited by Thereturn; 2019-12-04 at 12:16 AM.

I hate to point that out, but even edgelords most realize that a lot of boardroom are filled with decorative people, who are here to touch the indemnity and vote what they are told to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome I fully support.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    What isnt allowed?
    Talking about gender issues. Whatever spin you want to put on this is irrelevant.

If I identify as a womyn, are they forced to hire me ?

"I think the right person for the job should be hired", translation: - The right person for the job is a man, so why pass a law giving femoids a chance??

As if the right person is always hired for the job as long as it's a he... History, would disagree.

Forbidden topic is forbidden though, so not much else to say.

5+ Year Old Account
    As stated above, these sorts of threads are not appropriate for discussion. This thread is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."