10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.3 PTR - Vulpera Racial Update, Corruption Changes, Bolvar and Zone Music

Patch 8.3 PTR - Vulpera Bag of Tricks Racial
    The latest update to the PTR made some changes to how the Vulpera Bag of Tricks racial functions.

Now, when you cast Rummage Your Bag, a small sack will appear in front of you and allow you to customize your Bag of Tricks spell. Based on the flavor text provided upon clicking it, it is clear that this racial will have options to discover to customize the spell further in a manner similar to how the Dark Iron Dwarf Mole Machine racial was able to discover more locations to travel.

Upon creating a Vulpera, they have two different options for Rummage Your Bag to choose from:

• Corrosive Vial - Splash your enemy with corrosive fluid, dealing [ Greater of {180% of Spell Power} or {180% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Nature damage. A good reason not to drop your bag!
    • Healing Vial - Heals a friend for [ Greater of {270% of Spell Power} or {270% of Attack Power * pctD * (1 + 0)} ] Nature. Share the wealth!

Patch 8.3 PTR - Updated/Additional Corruption Level Debuffs
    The latest update to the PTR made some changes to the corruption debuff spells, changing and altering some completely.

• 1+ Total Corruption - Grasping Tendrils - Taking damage has a chance to slow your movement speed for 0 sec. The magnitude of the slow increases with further corruption.
    • 20+ Total Corruption - Eye of Corruption (Replaces Corrupted Zone) - Your spells and abilities have a chance to summon an Eye of Corruption for 8 sec. The Eye inflicts increasing Shadow damage to you every 2 sec while you remain in range. Range and damage increase with further Corruption.
    • 40+ Total Corruption - Grand Delusions - Taking damage has a chance to summon a Thing From Beyond, which pursues you for 8 (was 10) seconds. Its speed increases with further corruption.
    • 60+ Total Corruption - Cascading Disaster - If you are struck by the Thing From Beyond, you will be immediately afflicted by Grasping Tendrils and Eye of Corruption (was Corrupted Zone).
    • 80+ Total Corruption - Creeping Death - All damage taken is magnified significantly, increasing with further corruption.

Patch 8.3 PTR - Bolvar Icecrown and Zone Music
    Lots of new music was added in the latest build!

Last edited by chaud; 2019-12-04 at 07:53 AM.

Very nice might make more then one fox now!

Does anyone know 8.3 releasde date?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Does anyone know 8.3 releasde date?
    Yes, when it's done.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That music was so bad.

"Fenix the fox
    The wonderful, wonderful fox
    Whenever he gets in a fix
    He reaches into his bag of tricks..."

Really liking the new music actually, the synth in the first couple tracks gives it a really unique feel for WoW.

While I like the flexibility of the Bag o' Trix racial, it's kinda clunky?
    At least on PTR it seems to have a 2.5x crit multiplier, and it's on the GCD so it can't be macro'd like other racials.
    That bag space doe, mmf.
    10/10 Rolling Vulpera in 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    At least on PTR it seems to have a 2.5x crit multiplier, and it's on the GCD so it can't be macro'd like other racials.
    Are you certain you didn't just use it on a shaman? Elemental shamans have innate 2.5x crit multiplier.

As for the GCD, if it's an ability that can be changed to new discoverable abilities, there might be utility abilities among them that would require a GCD and Blizzard may simply be unable to change whether the ability is on the GCD or not depending on which "bag of tricks" you've selected at the moment.

In any case I'm really looking forward to playing Vulpera. I've had 4 race changes lined up ever since the last sale since I knew we'd get them eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Are you certain you didn't just use it on a shaman? Elemental shamans have innate 2.5x crit multiplier.

As for the GCD, if it's an ability that can be changed to new discoverable abilities, there might be utility abilities among them that would require a GCD and Blizzard may simply be unable to change whether the ability is on the GCD or not depending on which "bag of tricks" you've selected at the moment.

In any case I'm really looking forward to playing Vulpera. I've had 4 race changes lined up ever since the last sale since I knew we'd get them eventually.
    My brief tests were conducted on a 438 BM Hunter in Orgrimmar, but I could also be dumb and have missed something else. The hits were around 24,709 damage, crits were 64,900ish. On PTR you don't even have to rummage bag, if you select the damage one from bag and throw it at an ally it heals as normal. Pretty sure the only functionality of the bag and choice is flavor as the "Vial" throws a green doohicky and it makes a glass shattering sound.

One day we might get a firebomb, poison vial, snowball etc which would be super fun around Wintersveil to have a Snowball in the rotation!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    diggin' the new music

The Bolvar theme may be the most beautiful piece of music I've heard in a long while.
    Last edited by ermik; 2019-12-06 at 02:59 PM. Reason: added quote