Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Janitorial services...o wait, you mean from your own home?

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    What are some good jobs you can do from home? Genuine question.
    I have been working from home for the last 6 months or so. I do commercial support operations for a giant industrial company. I can work from home because it is a global team, and all my meetings and such are either over skype/email, or in person (So I travel a lot). It is certainly a good job, comfortably into six figures for annual income.

    However I absolutely hate it. I liked it at first, it is really nice having flexible hours and such, but I get frustrated by the inability to really drive productivity over email. I also don't like the relative lack of personal interactions, and most days I go to bed feeling like I didn't accomplish anything. So I am moving on to a different job pretty soon.

    The stay at home thing can certainly work for some people, but I think there are very few people that are actually as productive from home as they are at a work site. I learned it doesn't work for me.
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling ANTIFA!" - Adolf Hitler
    "I really wish Ghostpanther would stop misquoting me" - Abraham Lincoln

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    What are some good jobs you can do from home? Genuine question.
    You can have a team remotely that you manage.

    You can do digital marketing and run ads for local businesses

    You can have a software app that you sell and have virtual assistance

    You can sell courses online

    I invest in real estate myself, have an app that is going to be developed for social media, i would say I am more of a digital tycoon.

    There are so many ways to make money.

  4. #24
    I can't do it. I don't have enough discipline to pull it off, every time I tried I simply wander off or get distracted, so I prefer office.

  5. #25
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,660
    It's a widely accepted thing in my line of work, but not something I like to make use of that often; I'm way more effective in an office-environment. Plus co-workers count as social interaction.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  6. #26
    I have an eBay business so I work from home. I am much happier working at home and avoiding coworker drama and winter weather as much as possible. I can also take a day off if I don't feel good or want to do something without a boss saying no.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I have an eBay business so I work from home. I am much happier working at home and avoiding coworker drama and winter weather as much as possible. I can also take a day off if I don't feel good or want to do something without a boss saying no.
    I love it, isn’t it amazing to not have someone else dictate what we should be paid and creating our own source of income.

    Sure it can be lonely at times but that is why we have our internet friends

  8. #28
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    24,363
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    I love it, isn’t it amazing to not have someone else dictate what we should be paid and creating our own source of income.

    Sure it can be lonely at times but that is why we have our internet friends
    but i'm not your friend buddy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but i'm not your friend buddy.
    I’m not your buddy, pal.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    You can have a team remotely that you manage.

    You can do digital marketing and run ads for local businesses

    You can have a software app that you sell and have virtual assistance

    You can sell courses online

    I invest in real estate myself, have an app that is going to be developed for social media, i would say I am more of a digital tycoon.

    There are so many ways to make money.
    Make some cakes and cookies at home and sell them to neighbors or other people if you're good at it.

  11. #31
    I used to but it's hard for me because of desire to sleep, eat etc. I can't focus

  12. #32
    I did a software job remotely just for 6 months. It had full benefits and very high pay, regardless the issue for me was I felt like I am always working, at 6pm it never felt like I'm done with the job and working hours. Working remotely requires a lot of discipline in balancing work/life. I also to some lesser extend missed office environment and working with people. I think its good if you have properly planned travelling and want to work in different places and have monadic life style, but from my experience that requires very good planning.
    Last edited by Xjev; 2019-12-31 at 05:44 PM.

  13. #33
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,507
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Who works from home and who doesn’t?

    I love it.

    I was a personal trainer and would train people face to face for many years,

    exchanging time for money.

    And I hated it, well I love my clients, I just didn’t like being paid hourly.

    Since than, I dropped all my clients ( 125k a year business ) and decided to work from home so I could have a stay at home job as a digital tycoon.

    Anyone else work from home?

    I love flexiblity,
    the passive income ,
    And more time with family.
    Did you give up the $125k/yr income for something lower in the change to working from home?
    No one is above the law!

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did you give up the $125k/yr income for something lower in the change to working from home?
    I left my $125k a year fitness company, to start over with creating a new company from home.

    I didn’t want to exchange time for money, so I figured creating an online business can be scaleable.

    So to answer your question, I don’t make 125k a year anymore, but it has the potential to make a million a year.

    I hired a developer to create an app for me that is a subscription model.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •