Poll: Where do you stand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I mean I'd means test it and then it'd basically be regular welfare.

LOL, I think the poor's current money situation is not having enough money.

- - - Updated - - -

He is right about gender though, it is a far stronger predictor of the categories of violent crime he mentioned than wealth.
    Player Eleven doesn't seem to understand his systemic poverty works and seems to one of these pull yourself up by the bootstraps guys that misses the point that these por people's lack the boots or access to them in the first place to pull them selves up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    If people actually bought that, we would expect everyone to be voting for free money.
    But i don't think people believe that the wealthy will pay for it. Which is why they don't vote for him
    I the rich constantly vote for that in republicans that give them tax breaks they don't even need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Okay, quantify that.
    Living outside their means
    Buying shit to impress people
    Going out and partying instead of investing.
    Eating shit food and not taking care of their bodies.

I can go on.

It's easy to just say "The rich will pay for it!" and assume it doesn't include you and call it a day. "Man that was easy!". What defines "rich"? 1 billion+? 100 million+? 100k+? What tax rate do you need to levy on the "rich" in order to raise $2.5 trillion a year?

pfft...just hit Wall Street up.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Just going to chip in here because you're comparing to my country.

Some of the stats that people use for comparing are usually highly embellished. Take sex crimes, many don't even bother to report it here because Korean society is pretty misogynist. So, it looks good on paper because not many report them because it's futile and in some cases even outright harmful to you. This is quite misleading if you're trying to make comparisons because you only look at the reported crimes.
    Also, different counties/states/countries define crime differently or have different thresholds for what defines a "violent crime" as an example. It's hard to just compare directly. And then let's not even mention Sanctuary cities and how they try to hide crime statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It's easy to just say "The rich will pay for it!" and assume it doesn't include you and call it a day. "Man that was easy!". What defines "rich"? 1 billion+? 100 million+? 100k+? What tax rate do you need to levy on the "rich" in order to raise $2.5 trillion a year?
    I think Warren wants a 2 cents tax on anything above 50 million? Bernie wants to tax at 32 million and escalates higher as your wealth gets higher. I tend to agree with Bernie's wealth tax. You can also stop giving the wealthy tax breaks and subsidies. If you want to keep this capitalism system going then you need to redistribute wealth. At some point capitalism will break down and automation will displace jobs, so something must be done.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Living outside their means
    Buying shit to impress people
    Going out and partying instead of investing.
    Eating shit food and not taking care of their bodies.

I can go on.
    That's qualitative, not quantitative. If you're going to outdo the statistics on gender we're going to have to have some measurable attribute, not just your backwards conservative moralising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.