Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blood Knights changed the second BC ended, and considering they were only introduced when BC began, it's hard to pretend this is some new change.

You're about 13 years too late with your complaint. I find it hard to say that they ruined them when they existed far, far longer as their current incarnation than as their "edgy," as one person put it, version. Even though the "edgy" version acted exactly the same in almost every respect.

Otherwise it seems like people just applying what they thought was a Blood Knight onto what they actually were. They really haven't changed at all except for instead of using an enslaved Naaru they went back to the Sunwell.

Liadrin especially, much bemoaned in this thread, hasn't changed whatsoever in terms of attitude or story. And seems little more than a thinly-veiled thread to whine about Humans again, which took a total of one comment before getting there.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-04 at 08:47 PM.

Don't worry friend, if you want that OG Villainous elf feel, the Void elves are waiting for you.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    You're about 13 years too late with your complaint.
    Not sure you read the post, then. At least when a blood knight was involved, they involved actual Blood Knights. Now they don't even bring that - which is why I wrote the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Don't worry friend, if you want that OG Villainous elf feel, the Void elves are waiting for you.
    Darn shame they can't be Blood Knights - or paladins at all - ey? In my opinion, void elves were a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Not sure you read the post, then. At least when a blood knight was involved, they involved actual Blood Knights. Now they don't even bring that - which is why I wrote the post.
    You're complaining about a random scripted event in the throne room of Orgrimmar when in BfA there are several places where the Blood Knights themselves show up. Actual Blood Knights.

So random Silvermoon Guards are there instead of just all Blood Knights? Who cares. You even acknowledge it was petty. So who. cares. There are Blood Knights in multiple places in BfA lol

Again your OP is just a thinly-veiled partisan attack on the Alliance. All of the things you "felt" about the Blood Knights weren't represented in the game outside of M'uru. All this stuff about "Taking the fight to the enemy," ect, that was all just your perception of a faction in the game, not anything they were actually doing. Especially the points about the random buffs that player characters had.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-12-04 at 09:42 PM.

Darn shame they can't be Blood Knights - or paladins at all - ey? In my opinion, void elves were a mistake.
    Why would you find it a flaw that they can't be paladins? I mean, from this thread, I can gather that you fervently hate paladins.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would you find it a flaw that they can't be paladins? I mean, from this thread, I can gather that you fervently hate paladins.
    "Blood Knights are one of those figures I've always liked. I have always digged the Paladin theme in any RPG - but these guys? They had a fun twist to it."

2nd line I wrote! \o/

this happened to a lot of other characters/classes of characters in wow
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

The blood knights were cool but their edge, and the edge of the blood elves overall that helped them to fit into the horde thematically if not visually as desperate outcasts, only lasted a single expansion. With the ending of the Sunwell raid stripping all that away, returning the Light to them and curing them of their sunwell crisis that made them interesting from Frozen Throne up until then. It also stripped them of any real reason to be apart from high elves other than faction preference too.

lady liadrin states in legion that there's a bit of a schism in the order. many blood knights still resent the light for abandoning them during the scourge invasion, and they wield their light power through nothing but their own willpower.

liadrin and her light worshiping followers are only a part of the order, not the entire order.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    lady liadrin states in legion that there's a bit of a schism in the order. many blood knights still resent the light for abandoning them during the scourge invasion, and they wield their light power through nothing but their own willpower.

liadrin and her light worshiping followers are only a part of the order, not the entire order.
    They're just the part of the order that gets all the screen time. Or rather, Liadrin herself specifically mostly.

"Blood Knights are one of those figures I've always liked. I have always digged the Paladin theme in any RPG - but these guys? They had a fun twist to it."

2nd line I wrote! \o/
    The paladins in WoW I mean. Obviously. Since, you know, we are talking about WoW. \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    They're just the part of the order that gets all the screen time. Or rather, Liadrin herself specifically mostly.
    yes, because she's really the only big name. couple that with nu-blizzard's female focus, it's not gonna change anytime soon.

it's funny, cause you'd think having a female blood knight that rejects the light would fit their girlpower narratives better.

7+ Year Old Account
    The paladins in WoW I mean. Obviously. Since, you know, we are talking about WoW. \o/
    I know this is a weird mentality on wow forums, but why does it have to mean that if I like one thing, I have to dislike the other?

I'm a Blood Elf since TBC but I've always preferred the Alliance over the Horde.
    I like WoW Paladins too (Always thought they were cool since WC2), but I think the Blood Knights were a more interesting version.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yes, because she's really the only big name. couple that with nu-blizzard's female focus, it's not gonna change anytime soon.

it's funny, cause you'd think having a female blood knight that rejects the light would fit their girlpower narratives better.
    Yeah, kinda... really wish we could get answers on these things - how many blood knights are light followers, how many are hostile towards it, how many are a bit inbetween. There are a lot of things in WoW that "should" be obvious to people who live in the world but hard for our characters to know when we - the players - don't get to know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not anymore, now they are goody two shoes without any personality whatsoever, I mean just do an Arathi battle and fight Liadrin, god I hope she bites the dust soon.

DARKNESS CANNOT ABIDE WITHIN THE LIGHT
    now its just cringe paladins

I can't find any evidence of them using blood magic outside of the RPG, which is now considered non-canon. Care to enlighten me where else they were said to have used blood magic?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I can't find any evidence of them using blood magic outside of the RPG, which is now considered non-canon. Care to enlighten me where else they were said to have used blood magic?
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=38008/seal-of-blood (What blood elf players had in TBC and at the start of WotLK, where Alliance used Seal of Martyr of the same effect before they scrapped those seals.)
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=36476/blood-heal (Not a player ability, but still used by Blood Knights)

I know this is a weird mentality on wow forums, but why does it have to mean that if I like one thing, I have to dislike the other?

I'm a Blood Elf since TBC but I've always preferred the Alliance over the Horde.
    I like WoW Paladins too (Always thought they were cool since WC2), but I think the Blood Knights were a more interesting version.

Yeah, kinda... really wish we could get answers on these things - how many blood knights are light followers, how many are hostile towards it, how many are a bit inbetween. There are a lot of things in WoW that "should" be obvious to people who live in the world but hard for our characters to know when we - the players - don't get to know.
    Because in literally your OP you have flung several insults at paladins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because in literally your OP you have flung several insults at paladins.
    Okay, go on?

And before you bring up Turalyon: That's an honest question, does the Alliance have any notable paladins around? I think he has become rather boring and think he would be way more awesome if he was just a "normal" human who was just THAT good of a paladin!

snip
    Bit off topic, but I love your pic and sig <3

Cooooozzzzzyyy!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, go on?

And before you bring up Turalyon: That's an honest question, does the Alliance have any notable paladins around? I think he has become rather boring and think he would be way more awesome if he was just a "normal" human who was just THAT good of a paladin!
    Good question. They die like flies. We have Arathor, but he is half-human so not counting? Oh, Alliance, not only human. We have Lord Maxwell Tyrosos. Also Human. Not that many notable ones left, for sure. Boros, and some dwarves. Stuck with Turalyon it seems!

Looking at the pedia, the leader of the Silver Hand is us, the adventurer. So if you got an Alliance paladin, like me, you are famous!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-12-05 at 07:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Bit off topic, but I love your pic and sig <3

Cooooozzzzzyyy!

- - - Updated - - -

Good question. They die like flies. We have Arathor, but he is half-human so not counting? Oh, Alliance, not only human. We have Lord Maxwell Tyrosos. Also Human. Not that many notable ones left, for sure. Boros, and some dwarves. Stuck with Turalyon it seems!

Looking at the pedia, the leader of the Silver Hand is us, the adventurer. So if you got an Alliance paladin, like me, you are famous!
    I knooow, right? Glad you like it! <3

And yeah, there are some names I suppose! Just wish I could've named them on the top of my mind. :<