Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel85NYC View Post
    With all the Data mining and Posting Spoilers on the site. Do you guys think it ruins the "Surprise element" to a new expansion?

In my opinion, Yes they do. I wished they could stop Data mining. And I wish Blizzard would do something about it. But this is my opinion.. What do you guys think? Does it ruin it for you too? Let's please be adults about this and lets be nice. Thank you!
    Don't read it?

If it was just about spoilers that could be fixed by just not reading them.

I do think that data mining and click bait videos have also managed to actually change the kind of stories we are getting. The easier you can make a "We have been lied to! Ten reasons anduin is actually a purple squirrel! Shocking reveal!" Video out of your story, the more free commercials you get.

So I'm pretty sure that's why catas story was "dragon blows up the world" and BFA was mysterious force makes evil Banshee warchief who has a secret plan but pretends to start war over mysterious substance from world ending sword that magni, who is maybe a pawn to some evil overlord, tries to get out of azeroth, who might be corrupted by nzoth who is allied with the Naga who want to betray him and so on and so on.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    I have become rather addicted to MMOchamp due to the fear of missing out on items and things to do in wow, but that isn't MMOchamp's fault and more of Blizzard's with their obsession with creating timed content.

I usually steer away from the content I know I want to discover on my own but pay close attention to other form of content.

If you don't like it, don't come here.

With all the Data mining and Posting Spoilers on the site. Do you guys think it ruins the "Surprise element" to a new expansion?

In my opinion, Yes they do. I wished they could stop Data mining. And I wish Blizzard would do something about it. But this is my opinion.. What do you guys think? Does it ruin it for you too? Let's please be adults about this and lets be nice. Thank you!
    Yes and no.
    No - because it's your choice to get on and read all the details. Now that some people can't help it and just read it, it's a separate thing.
    Yes - because obviously after reading all the little details about all the mechanics and what goes on everywhere basically destroys most if not all of your discovery of new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really. If it ruins anything, then you are welcome to stay away from the site?
    agree..
    why even come to this site if u don't want to check news ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    No, dataminig is actually what I come to this website for. Thanks to MMO Champ, I instantly knew bfa was going to be garbage, and I never bought it. Also now I know that shadowblands is going to be a failure too.

But did it kill my hype when I new Wotlk was coming? No, it did not, it actually increased the hype.

The lesson here is that shitty game design 'ruins' wow expansions, not spoilers or leaks.
    This guy sounds like a child who won't try new food just cus....

How can you profess something is garbage without trying it FOR YOURSELF, and no, watching videos and reading websites doesn't count.

Also why you in the WOW General Discussions if you don't play it and it's garbage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

No, datamining lets the consumer be informed about the product and gives us time to provide feedback if we see something we think will suck. This isn't limited to just gameplay, but story too. Though that usually sucks regardless, player feedback can at least make it more bearable, it's why we got the choice to side with the Warchief this time around.

Plus discussing upcoming content is 90% of the community in this game.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-12-05 at 10:03 AM.

I don't know if I don't like the game anymore because I'm on mmo-champion or if I'm on mmo-champion because I don't like the game anymore. Probably the latter though. But yeah, datamining etc. takes away from the excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    This guy sounds like a child who won't try new food just cus....

How can you profess something is garbage without trying it FOR YOURSELF, and no, watching videos and reading websites doesn't count.

Also why you in the WOW General Discussions if you don't play it and it's garbage?
    You don't need to taste shit in order to know that it won't be a pleasant experience.

You guys are all saying "Well just avoid Spoilers LOL", when everyone will be talking about that ingame.

Do you think you could have avoided the Shadowlands reveal ? The Sylvanas vs Bolvar cinematic ? The burning of Teldrassil (I didn't watch this thing live, yet most of my guildmates and people in M+ pugs were talking about that) ?
    If Shadowlands were coming with a new class, everyone would be talking about that. Will you make a new char to play [insert random class here] ?

That's literally impossible to avoid all spoilers. Unless you consider it's indeed your fault if you went on the internet, if you read the chat, if you try to discuss with anyone anywhere. Yeah, totally your fault.

Meanwhile, several games are hiding their information as much as they can, and most of them are still providing a relatively bug-free experience. Blizzard spoils everything and puts everything on the PTR/Beta bar a few cinematics (which are basically meh), and still provide an experience as buggy as other companies who don't use PTRs. I could forgive them of their spoilery attitude if they gave us a pristine patch with no hotfix needed. Don't you dare telling me that's the case.

Once again, I don't see why they feel the need to make you test Ra-Den, The Despoiled in the Ny'alotha raid, where one fight, Carapace of N'zoth, has Wrathion (one of the previous boss) intervene during the fight (so yeah, surprise! he's in the raid but surprise! we don't kill him).
    Why can't they make you fight Mrggll, the Mrgllified in a monotonous no-texture room with a similar shape and size as the definitive one, and implement the real names and boss/adds design when going live ? Can't they test the Text Broadcasts, Spells animations, Spell freaking NAMES, Boss animation on their own ? Do they need millions of boss encounters made by the top-world guilds to assess whether the boss is moving correctly ?
    Do they need to have millions of player read the Lore part of the Codex as well ?

I don't think they need this. If Wrathion was replaced by any random human NPC during his fight and any random Troll NPC during N'zoth Carapace fight, you couldn't have this spoiled for you right now.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-12-05 at 10:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well yes.

After a certain point it becomes a bit like a website telling me: "In next weeks episode of GoT him and her will die and this and that will happen".
    I don't wanna know that until I watch the episode myself and in it's fullest. Same with WoW expansions ... I like to explore, figure stuff out and get surprised.

But then I just avoid reading some of the posts on MMO (and other sites) much like I had to be careful on the Internet when I couldn't watch GoT while it aired but had to wait for the Blu-Ray. A little bit of information is fine as a teaser ("Next expansion we'll take on The Legion or going to the Shadowlands and these races, classes and professions will be introduced" ... but that's it for me

First of all it's Blizzard's fault, allowing sooooo many people alpha-beta testing outside of their company employees, with this move allowing the public having inside information what is to expect to the smallest detail, in that way it is "explored" before hand , in other sense, everything is known before it should be.

Second thing is sites like Wowhead, MMO-C trying to attract more "clicks" by making "discoveries" announced on headlines doing practicly the same thing.

I don't see a reason why Blizz shouldnt take students of some sort for major content patches or updates to work on them and announce bugs and simmiliar stuff while INSIDE of the company hence not allowing the info going out.
    By doing this you won't have all of the guild ALREADY aware of the tactics for bosses a month ahead, all content will last longer, people will have fun exploring, game will have that "new game" flavor with each patch/update like we all had when we started the game since we didn't know sh*t about it when we started and that's why it was fun learning and exploring. Ok some data like new spells, new spells , that info should be put out in dose, just to lure people in, not giving it all away. As an example take movie trailers, they give that much info to make it appealing, and then you go watch the movie you either like it or not, you don't get entire story shown in advance, makes no sense. Same thing is with content updates of this game.

Conclusion it's just laziness on Blizzard's side not having actual team to do the grunt work so or will to pay such amount of people for internal testing rather than "exploiting people and hoping for people to report bugs and actually do their job and fix their errors" while accepting the fact that all of content will "leak" out.

pretty much, but its not just MMO champion, its wow head and around 1 million streamers and youtubers

To some degree yes, but for us - those who abandoned WoW long ago and login casually once in 3 months this is the only source of WoW information. I love to read up on things going on in current version of the game. I surely don't want to experience such big content and lore droughts by myself.

People ruin games, not websites.
    Get some self control.

What is this topic even about?

MMO-C got famous off Boubouille's back, his "inside source" and many credible leaks were what built MMO-C to what it is before he left.

Back in the day, we always used thottbot, allakazham? not sure what it was called, when MMO-C started doing leaks, many in my server back then (Jubei Thos) started spreading the word, "you guys heard about x and y? its on mmoc" we started coming to this site. Boubouille never disappointed, but then he left? or Curse bought out MMO-C, i'm not sure what happened.

The abundance of data mining can and has ruined things for players, that's for sure. Knowing how things end or what's next months, possibly years in advance can deflate or even ruin excitement for people. But MMO-Champion itself isn't to blame for this, more-so the self control of people and how some people refuse to not spoiler their threads.

As always it's your decision to open those threads.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Some hardcore fans just wanna know everything as soon as possible. Some sites provide. Some people wanna be surprised and stay away. All power to the Individual. Nothing's wrong with mmo-c (in that regard)

Now that's said, I dont think the Jailer concept art leak have been posted on the main page, soooo....

I feel like this critic is more of a nostaliga back to days, where poeple had no idea what's was going on in WoW

It has its impact. I remember going into Wrath only having seen the trailer and it felt like an adventure. From Cata onward I've been on this site and seen everything beforehand. Even so, if an expansion is good, leaks can't ruin it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

the site itself? no. the constant bitching of some people about every single thing they find slightly outside of their comfort zone? yes.