Poll: Should Airlines and other business's be allowed to ban ESA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Airlines and other business's be allowed to ban ESA?

Should Airlines and other business's be allowed to ban Emotional Support Animals ESA?

I am going to say unless the service animal has a job and is specifically trained then no. And I think there should be specific legislation to weed out bad actors.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Emotional support animals are ridiculous and should be banned.

Yes, you had people trying to bring peacocks ffs

Yes, they should be banned.

Just annyone being able to claim that their pet is an ESA already highlights the problems of the trend.
    Actual service dogs (and yes, they're most suited, forget horses or cats or pigs) receive training to function perfectly in public areas and situations. "ESA"s can be whichever badly trained pooch or cat or pig or peacock that someone can't be arsed to ship properly when they're flying.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, very much yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    But I need my emotional support python to fly!!!
    No. No snakes on a plane.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Should Airlines and other business's be allowed to ban the European Space Agency?
    Yes, no rockets should be launched from public transport, that would be a clear safety violation

More to the actual point.. animals not trained to handle people do not belong in places with many people, that should be self evident

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should be banned if they are licensed. You can get ESA licenses but costs a bit. Here's the issue, there's a stupid law in the United States stating that you cannot demand to see support animal license from another as you are not an authority.

Else, yes. Ban any service animal that is not licensed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad dissing ESAs because they do benefit some people, most of the time it's just some privileged person thinking they are exceptional while dragging their pet around in public.

Everyone's pet provides emotional support and companionship to them, so I guess we all have ESAs!

90% of people have no issue if you have a service animal in a public area. That animal is trained and vetted. Meanwhile, the ESA is shitting all over Walmart and getting into people's carts.

If you need a service animal then get it vetted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't think they should be banned if they are licensed. You can get ESA licenses but costs a bit. Here's the issue, there's a stupid law in the United States stating that you cannot demand to see support animal license from another as you are not an authority.

Else, yes. Ban any service animal that is not licensed.
    Unfortunately thats another issue in the US where people go around thinking they can exercise authority over others.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Unfortunately thats another issue in the US where people go around thinking they can exercise authority over others.
    My dog is also ESA, EU demands it to have a license but it is not a demand for him luckily to always be around but I have been planning a US trip (longer one) where he would be needed, and i've seen so many scary clips of drama because two parties making demands (one demands to see papers, another claims they cannot demand it).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm kind of jealous of people who get a flight with an emotional support red panda or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    My dog is also ESA, EU demands it to have a license but it is not a demand for him luckily to always be around but I have been planning a US trip (longer one) where he would be needed, and i've seen so many scary clips of drama because two parties making demands (one demands to see papers, another claims they cannot demand it).
    I make sure to speak french or italian to any random person that talks to me when I am out with my dog.
    It is instant discussion stopper. No law demands that I speak their language
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

So support animals aid people with disabilities and in this thread we have people who just feel disability laws are silly?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So support animals aid people with disabilities and in this thread we have people who just feel disability laws are silly?
    I think asking someone bringing a pig onto a plane warrants showing a license to have said pig, yes.

Unfortunately, you can’t, so either that needs to be fixed or no one should get the privilege. And the blame falls squarely on the terrible, terrible people who abused the privilege.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Not if the animal is licensed. Just because many people have abused the privilege, doesn't mean the people that actually need ESA’s should suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Emotional support animals are not Service animals and should not be protected. If the animal performs a specific function it is a service dog, that's not an esa.

If it's approved by a therapist and an animal(mostly dogs) professionally trained for the role then they should be allowed. If it's just some random claiming their pet as emotional support animal then it should be treated as transporting any other pet.

Lol first time hearing about an ESA.. sounds like a retarded codename for pet.

But at the end of the day.. what ever, as long as they and their owners are actually labeled like that and they have been prescribed/licensed.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-12-06 at 09:10 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the animal is actually doing a service like leading a blind person they should be allowed everywhere if vetted and licensed.

Everyone else can go fuck off with their squirrels and snakes etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I make sure to speak french or italian to any random person that talks to me when I am out with my dog.
    It is instant discussion stopper. No law demands that I speak their language
    That is true but a little flawed solution. Extra points for it though. Haha.