Poll: Should Airlines and other business's be allowed to ban ESA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they claim they need to be able to bring a ESA then not only should the animal not be allowed the person should not as well. Who would want to be locked in a metal tube at 20k feet going 500mph with someone that mentally/emotionally unstable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    If they claim they need to be able to bring a ESA then not only should the animal not be allowed the person should not as well. Who would want to be locked in a metal tube at 20k feet going 500mph with someone that mentally/emotionally unstable.
    A number of people you fly with are on Xanax or some other opioid.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    A number of people you fly with are on Xanax or some other opioid.
    Or even wasted from motion sickness meds and to much time in the airport lounge waiting for their flight.

Yes. Additionally, if you have an animal for any reason that another passenger is allergic to, YOU, not the allergic person, should be forced off the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    What do the images to the left represent, I can understand the cutlery, house, and dog picture, but the rest?

Are service and therapy dogs trained to tolerate rock-climbers?
    Are service dogs trained to cut and comb hair?
    Is there some special training for therapy dogs allowing them to be used in public restrooms?

Did they just run out of images?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's properly trained and licensed? No. If it's just some idiot claiming his parrot is for support, then absolutely.

Also, the law in the US that you can't ask to see a license is stupid. If what you're doing is going to impact others, potentially a lot of others, then they should have a right to see licensing and so on. Like, just print it on a piece of laminated paper the size of a credit card and put it in your wallet, who cares.

Jesus, thought this was about airlines banning the european space agency from operating when looking at the headline.

But if the animal is licensed and trained, they shouldn't be banned. there's some disabilities that benefit greatly from them, like PTSD.

But if it's just some asshole picking the first and best animal and calling it an emotional support animal because they can't bear their animal being left out? Absolutely, needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Emotional support animals....give me a break of course they should be banned if animals are banned.

They are NOT the same as service animals that blind people use for example
    So you don’t view emotional issues as all that serious.

ESA should get seats in their own right, and anyone who complains can fly in dog carriers in the cargo hold.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Why do people not want squirrels in an airplane? D:

I want them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So support animals aid people with disabilities and in this thread we have people who just feel disability laws are silly?
    physical disabilities > mental weakness

People keep saying if "its licensed". As far as I know there isn't any real license for ESA or even "real" service dogs.

Emotional support animals....give me a break of course they should be banned if animals are banned.

If someone with emotional issues, benefits from having a ESA, and it's licensed, why should they be banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Did I say that? No right? Kindly keep your words in your mouth and out of mine.

So you do not think that there are people who suffer from such emotional stresses that they can't function. You said explicitly that if animals are banned then so should emotionally support animals.

They're your own words, fucking eat them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    If someone with emotional issues, benefits from having a ESA, and it's licensed, why should they be banned?
    Then he says I put words in his mouth by saying he doesn't view emotional issues as all that serious.

Apparently the only people with real issues that need support animals if animals happen to be banned are only people who need them as a service animal. Yet he fails to make the connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    physical disabilities > mental weakness
    Based on what exactly? They're both disabilities, there isn't a fucking "which disability is actually worth worrying about" Olympics.

Based on what exactly? They're both disabilities, there isn't a fucking "which disability is actually worth worrying about" Olympics.
    Based on the fact that, even with a diagnosis, the amount fo impact a particular feeling has, the severity, etc... all are basically impossible to truly ascertain. Same with even getting diagnosed. People get diagnosed with things like ADHD and still function while others have a markedly mild diagnosis of ADHD or autism and are impacted a lot more severely.

So basically, because we can't ever TRULY know the state of mental disability and how much is the person just being a bitch versus how much is the actual disease, or how much they truly can do despite being afflicted, I err on the side of caution when it comes to allowing people to get away with shit they shouldn't. No false positives is worth the few false negatives that fall through the cracks.

Based on the fact that, even with a diagnosis, the amount fo impact a particular feeling has, the severity, etc... all are basically impossible to truly ascertain. Same with even getting diagnosed. People get diagnosed with things like ADHD and still function while others have a markedly mild diagnosis of ADHD or autism and are impacted a lot more severely.

So basically, because we can't ever TRULY know the state of mental disability and how much is the person just being a bitch versus how much is the actual disease, or how much they truly can do despite being afflicted, I err on the side of caution when it comes to allowing people to get away with shit they shouldn't. No false positives is worth the few false negatives that fall through the cracks.
    Well if they have a license and a trained ESA, it is safe to assume they actually need it. Unless doctors/medical professionals are handing out licenses like candy.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Well if they have a license and a trained ESA, it is safe to assume they actually need it. Unless doctors/medical professionals are handing out licenses like candy.
    1) They do
    2) That's what I was saying. They can't actually tell for sure what the extent of dysfunction whatever affliction is causing. It's stupidly easy to fake or be over-dramatic about it. People do it with anything all the time.

1) They do
    2) That's what I was saying. They can't actually tell for sure what the extent of dysfunction whatever affliction is causing. It's stupidly easy to fake or be over-dramatic about it. People do it with anything all the time.
    It seems like you are being overly paranoid. I'll trust a medical professionals decision on whether or not someone needs a ESA.

So you don’t view emotional issues as all that serious.
    No. I really don't.

Mental Illness is overly diagnosed and overly medicated. For every genuinely fucked up person I see 10 people using it to skate around work and responsibility while seemingly able to maintain their recreational and other lifestyle activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    No. I really don't.

Mental Illness is overly diagnosed and overly medicated. For every genuinely fucked up person I see 10 people using it to skate around work and responsibility while seemingly able to maintain their recreational and other lifestyle activities.
    Overly diagnosed in a country where we have an issue with people not seeking mental help? Sounds like grade A bullshit projecting of your feelings. Who the fuck are you to say it is “over diagnosed”