Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah i get it. My point was that, even if it really is fake....it's still entirely in line with NK propaganda anyway... so does it even matter?

    It's just Poe's law on an massive scale.
    True dat, my friend! ^_^ I was mostly informing everybody in the thread about him, not just you.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

    Are you serious?
    "It doesn't matter that we lied because it follows the same patterns as other things we told you which TOTALLY aren't lies."
    When the "lie" is indistinguishable from the truth...then no...it doesn't really matter. That one video may not have been produced by NK..but the ones they do produce tell the exact same story.

  3. #23
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    When the "lie" is indistinguishable from the truth...then no...it doesn't really matter. That one video may not have been produced by NK..but the ones they do produce tell the exact same story.
    Tell me, which story from the DPRK gives you the idea that the video was real?

    The lie is indistinguishable from other lies. That's no excuse for you to blindly believe what you want to believe.

  4. #24
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,679
    https://apnews.com/c3f58108244e4c6097222ac372307598

    NK threatens to resume calling Trump a dotard.

    This world is crazy in so many ways.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://apnews.com/c3f58108244e4c6097222ac372307598

    NK threatens to resume calling Trump a dotard.

    This world is crazy in so many ways.
    The rocket man have spoken, hah he's such a manchild or well guess you can say to about both but kim just look like a litte stupid kid.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Tell me, which story from the DPRK gives you the idea that the video was real?

    The lie is indistinguishable from other lies. That's no excuse for you to blindly believe what you want to believe.
    Yeah, that's advice you should take for yourself.

  7. #27
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah, that's advice you should take for yourself.
    Uhm.. Okay, but how is that an answer to my question?

    If even 10% of what people claim about the country is true, there would be constant rebellion.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Uhm.. Okay, but how is that an answer to my question?

    If even 10% of what people claim about the country is true, there would be constant rebellion.
    Yeah, ok. Since we obviously can't trust the reports we get about NK... how about you go and take a visit for yourself and report back to me about how great it is there?

  9. #29
    Anyone seen Kim's hitler style trench coat?

  10. #30
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah, ok. Since we obviously can't trust the reports we get about NK... how about you go and take a visit for yourself and report back to me about how great it is there?
    Which has nothing to do with the fact that the 'How Americans Live Today' video was a hoax.

    That's the danger of propaganda.
    It doesn't matter that it was debunked in a week, the feeling remains. People FEEL that it's real, but it's not.
    And they take action based on those feelings and not on the facts.

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the fact that the 'How Americans Live Today' video was a hoax.

    That's the danger of propaganda.
    It doesn't matter that it was debunked in a week, the feeling remains. People FEEL that it's real, but it's not.
    And they take action based on those feelings and not on the facts.
    Feels before reals. Internet is always feels before reals at least now more than ever:

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the fact that the 'How Americans Live Today' video was a hoax.

    That's the danger of propaganda.
    It doesn't matter that it was debunked in a week, the feeling remains. People FEEL that it's real, but it's not.
    And they take action based on those feelings and not on the facts.
    As I said, even if that video is a hoax..it still matches up with other North Korean Propaganda.

    It's Poe's Law

    Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-12-05 at 10:38 PM.

  13. #33
    Again what can America do that will not get South Korea pummeled into the ground? Until that is known nothing can be done against North Korea period.

  14. #34
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    As I said, even if that video is a hoax..it still matches up with other North Korean Propaganda.

    It's Poe's Law
    What other propaganda?
    You're literally yelling that you lied but it doesn't matter because you believe it's true!

    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Feels before reals. Internet is always feels before reals at least now more than ever:
    Not just the internet, it's the entire world.
    I wouldn't mind if it just limited itself to the internet, but shit like this gets Trump elected. Shit like this got Obama elected (Day -4,235 Till Guantanamo Bay Will be Closed).

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What other propaganda?
    You're literally yelling that you lied but it doesn't matter because you believe it's true!
    It's mentioned in the paragraph you linked:


    In 2013, a short film titled How Americans Live was widely disseminated on the Internet. The film showed images, supposedly of the United States, with a stilted English narration making over-the-top claims about various depredations experienced in American society, such as people being forced to eat snow for sustenance. Spencer Ackerman of Wired called the film a "North Korean propaganda video" while the Washington Post, in its analysis, declared the video's message to be "consistent with North Korean propaganda". It was subsequently revealed the film was a satirical video created by British travel writer Alun Hill and not, as reported, a North Korean "propaganda video".

  16. #36
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's mentioned in the paragraph you linked:
    No, I am asking you what other propaganda. Not what the author claims is true.

    Because it's related: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...3431575452381/

    Fuck the sanctions

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, I am asking you what other propaganda. Not what the author claims is true.

    Because it's related: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...3431575452381/

    Fuck the sanctions
    How about this:


  18. #38
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    How about this:
    Yes, what is your point?
    How is that related to the video?

    The DPRK claiming it can finally defend itself against the US is different than making a video where they spread lies about the US.
    They don't need to lie about the US.

  19. #39
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    24,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, what is your point?
    How is that related to the video?

    The DPRK claiming it can finally defend itself against the US is different than making a video where they spread lies about the US.
    They don't need to lie about the US.
    no because they have people like you to do it for them.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •