Thread: Paid transfer

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Paid transfer

Anyone else hoping on paid transfer opening up? Or is it never gonna happen? ^^

I am not sitting around hoping but I think it probably will eventually happen.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badmdog View Post
    They are looking into it https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...r-wow-classic/
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I hope they do! I have a level 50 pally/mage on alliance, and a 46 mage/priest on horde that I need off PvP servers ASAP!

10+ Year Old Account
    paid transfers didn't become a thing until mid-2006 which was ~18 months after vanilla went live... Could paid transfers happen? Sure... Will it? I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening anytime soon.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You wanted vanilla. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You wanted vanilla. Deal with it.
    Paid transfers were available in Vanilla. If you played you would have known that.

They had it back in vanilla so its probably coming for classic to. The servers faction balance is only going to get worse over time. Once a server is known for being
    very one sided as alliance or horde, the server is set it stone. Those that are on the faction with less players either quit, change server or start leveling new characters on a server that heavy favours theyre faction.

So yeah, its coming. when? soon TM

Still a bit early. Opening paid transfers this early would spell certain death for some servers. I wouldn't expect this to be made available until deep into Phase 6.

Bookmark this. If I'm wrong I will make a ham sandwich and eat it.

Not before P5 is my guess, it will come eventually, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Paid transfers were available in Vanilla. If you played you would have known that.
    I played. There were no paid transfers this early in vanilla.
    If you played you would have known.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your opinion. I played vanilla but didnt used transfer back then, and after 14years not playing it i couldnt remember, thats why i asked.

Next time, dont throw so much salt in your comments =)

There are lots of things in Classic that weren't available this early in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your opinion. I played vanilla but didnt used transfer back then, and after 14years not playing it i couldnt remember, thats why i asked.

He offered not a single opinion... A cursory search would have told you the following 1) Whether paid transfers existed (They did) and 2) when they started (mid-2006).... So, everything he told you was fact...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Indeed. Perhaps a dash of paprika next time.

There was no patch 1.12 this early in Vanilla, either, so i assume you had an actual point to make?

Oh, so no, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    There was no patch 1.12 this early in Vanilla, either, so i assume you had an actual point to make?

Oh, so no, then.
    Yes, the point was that you were being silly and that you most likely never played vanilla. Not that it matter much though.

I would suspect that they would release paid xfers in the final phase as paid xfers came in on patch 1.11, pretty much at the end of WoW vanilla.

Paid transfers will skew the populations of realms with huge imbalances further. The majority of the PvP servers will become the equivalent of what Mal'Ganis, Illidan, etc were on the NA Realms before sharding/warmode, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's meaningless, there was no Dire Maul this early in Vanilla either.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.