Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Item Restoration... What a Joke

    Talk about a lazy ass design.

    Wanted to restore some old Azerite pieces for an off spec just to be greeted by a message telling me I have 4600 items separated into 460 pages with no search function or way to filter/sort said items by itemlevel or slot, quality w/e.

    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-12-05 at 06:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Talk about a lazy ass design.

    Wanted to restore some old Azerite pieces for an off spec just to be greeted by a message telling me I have 4600 items separated into 460 pages with no search function or way to filter/sort said items by itemlevel or slot, quality w/e.

    Ya, they definitely need to take another look at item restoration. While it is an improvement over the old, ask a gm method, you're right about it needing some sort of search or filter system. I don't want to look through 100's of pages to figure out where my item is.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Ya, they definitely need to take another look at item restoration. While it is an improvement over the old, ask a gm method, you're right about it needing some sort of search or filter system. I don't want to look through 100's of pages to figure out where my item is.
    funny thing is, you used to be able to set search parameters. was much easier to find things. not sure why it was changed.

    inb4 "probably saved blizz some money, har har har"

  4. #4
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,682
    It supposed to give you an ability to restore an item you accidentally deleted, not to restore items that you regret deleting some long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  5. #5
    It used to have the search function and filter options and then they just kinda took it away one day, no idea why. I've been triggered a few times by the website recently, but at least it's still fully functional even if it takes longer to find what you're looking for. Either way, awful decision to remove the filters and searching.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It supposed to give you an ability to restore an item you accidentally deleted, not to restore items that you regret deleting some long time ago
    A perfect argument to support the random and unexplained removal of the search function that used to exist. Great post, good job.

  7. #7
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,682
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    A perfect argument to support the random and unexplained removal of the search function that used to exist. Great post, good job.
    It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed.

    Imagine writing a ticket like this "hello, i deleted an item back in august and i want it back, because i figured that i'd like to gear up my offspec"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed.

    Imagine writing a ticket like this "hello, i deleted an item back in august and i want it back, because i figured that i'd like to gear up my offspec"
    They never gave a reason for the removal like what you're saying for the search function and in fact said it would return at a later date. Stop pulling shit out of your ass no one asked for.

    Source, before you start asking: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...737543#post-12
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2019-12-05 at 08:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    They never gave a reason for the removal like what you're saying for the search function and in fact said it would return at a later date. Stop pulling shit out of your ass no one asked for.

    Source, before you start asking: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...737543#post-12
    "They never gave a reason for the removal"

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yes, the Item Restoration page filter was intentionally removed due to an issue with it.
    That sounds like a reason for the removal?

    And while yeah over a year later is a bit sketchy, how long were we waiting for the AH revamp before they finally shared any details on it?

    It's most likely on the backburner because like Charge said, it's meant to be a "Oh god I just accidentally d/e'ed my trinket" (Word of advice, never forget you left your disenchant button on a key before entering a raid).

    What you're looking for is suppose to be on the first page or two basically, not "oh I regret this decision from months ago". So it's on the back end of things to fix. But it's still something that's known, so asking for it to be revamped/fixed when you already know they're aiming to is a bit weird, no?

  10. #10
    Or they could just not allow item restoration at all, and you could be crying about that instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed.

    Imagine writing a ticket like this "hello, i deleted an item back in august and i want it back, because i figured that i'd like to gear up my offspec"
    So... If you accidentally deleted an item a few months ago, you are no longer allowed to have an easy way of getting it back or what? Are you the restoration police? What they're asking for is a search option, not the ability to do this at all.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Gevoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lightbringer - US
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    "They never gave a reason for the removal"

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yes, the Item Restoration page filter was intentionally removed due to an issue with it.
    That sounds like a reason for the removal?
    If you shorten the quote and change the meaning of the statement you too can feel like you've won an argument on the internet!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    If you shorten the quote and change the meaning of the statement you too can feel like you've won an argument on the internet!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yes, the Item Restoration page filter was intentionally removed due to an issue with it. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA to provide for when it may be re-enabled but it is not expected at this time to be a permanent change to the Item Restoration tool.
    What does that change?

    The rest was pointless and was acknowledged by the other poster.

    They never gave a reason for the removal like what you're saying for the search function and in fact said it would return at a later date
    Was the only point I was addressing. They did give a reason, it was broken.

    It's not even an argument, it's a clarification. Not sure where you're coming from even.

  14. #14
    They did not give the reason. It worked. It was not broken (which is what you claim). We can only speculate as to why they temporarily pulled it and left it that way. "It has an issue" isn't a reason. If they had said "It can be used to find deleted items from other characters and restore them to a different character, so we have locked that functionality until we fix it", then that would be a reason. Unfortunately, that temporary change has in effect become permanent.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Gevoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lightbringer - US
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not sure where you're coming from even.
    They never gave a reason for the removal like what you're saying

    If I delete that part the statement changes greatly.

    It goes from "They never gave a reason such as we've removed the search function because It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed."

    To "They never gave any reason at all ever."

    Those are two very different statements to argue against. So you cut the quote and changed the meaning so you could reply with "That sounds like a reason for the removal?" an easy, obvious, and completely pointless statement.

    The rest was just the speculation as to why that you agree with.

    Charge and you are probably at least partly right that them not liking how people are/were using the feature is why or at least a big part of why, but blizzard never said that or anything like it. I personally think it had something to do with dealing with titan residuum exploits.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2019-12-05 at 10:54 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed.

    Imagine writing a ticket like this "hello, i deleted an item back in august and i want it back, because i figured that i'd like to gear up my offspec"
    I'm almost certain you have absolutely no fucking idea why they really removed it, but thanks for acting like you do.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I'm almost certain you have absolutely no fucking idea why they really removed it, but thanks for acting like you do.
    Do you rage all the time or just on forums? Every time I see your picture I know there is some laughable and emotional rant and the curiosity has been building.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Do you rage all the time or just on forums? Every time I see your picture I know there is some laughable and emotional rant and the curiosity has been building.
    I'd never imagine you could mistake light swearing for 'raging', but I guess when you're projecting...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    They never gave a reason for the removal like what you're saying

    If I delete that part the statement changes greatly.

    It goes from "They never gave a reason such as we've removed the search function because It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed."

    To "They never gave any reason at all ever."

    Those are two very different statements to argue against. So you cut the quote and changed the meaning so you could reply with "That sounds like a reason for the removal?" an easy, obvious, and completely pointless statement.

    The rest was just the speculation as to why that you agree with.

    Charge and you are probably at least partly right that them not liking how people are/were using the feature is why or at least a big part of why, but blizzard never said that or anything like it. I personally think it had something to do with dealing with titan residuum exploits.
    ... But they did.

    It wasn't working.

    That IS a reason.

    Did they give details exactly how, no.
    But they DID give a reason. Something was broken.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Talk about a lazy ass design.
    Yeah, they could have just kept it to petitioning a GM in a ticket...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •