Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Jesus christ, there literally is nothing people won't bitch about.
    Welcome to the world.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It used to have the search function and filter options and then they just kinda took it away one day, no idea why. I've been triggered a few times by the website recently, but at least it's still fully functional even if it takes longer to find what you're looking for. Either way, awful decision to remove the filters and searching.
    They took it out because it kept breaking after one or two use then you'd have to refresh whole webpage.

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's a tool that supposed to help you restore item you accidentally deleted, it's not a free storage for items that you deleted weeks or months ago, neither it is a tool to gear up your offspec, because you decided that now you want your gear back. So, yeah, search function removal is not random and i just explained why it was removed.

    Imagine writing a ticket like this "hello, i deleted an item back in august and i want it back, because i figured that i'd like to gear up my offspec"
    Holy shit imagine defending the REMOVAL of a search option not the actual implementation of one. God forbid someone accidentally deletes their gear and might want it back because they need it. Who is using the item restoration service as item storage? Morons?

  4. #44
    How in the world do you have so many items to restore? You sold or deleted over 4k items in the last 2 weeks? That's outrageous. Anyway, this process is still much faster than waiting for a GM to answer your ticket and then dig around for the item; although, the restore system doesn't go back as far as the GMs used to which was more like a month plus.
    Doctoral student in the Digital Humanities. Expertise in human behavior, internet culture, new media studies, and pop culture politics. Web: MatadorMedia.org.

  5. #45
    Man, i looked at my item recovery list from playing classic and theres hardly anything on there

    Retail sure is saturated with welfare loot lol

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    So... If you accidentally deleted an item a few months ago, you are no longer allowed to have an easy way of getting it back or what?
    I do in fact think it should only list the last one, maybe two weeks and/or 50 items, whichever is more generous (since you could accidentally delete/sell something, go on vacation etc. for three weeks or more, and only notice it afterwards)
    It should help restore accidentally deleted items, but not something you intentionally vendored/scrapped months ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    They did not give the reason. It worked. It was not broken (which is what you claim)
    Just because you were not aware of an issue does not mean there wasn't one.
    It could've been a rare issue that e.g. caused the search to clear the item list, or certain items were never displayed, so they chose lessened functionality over a serious bug.
    That's just frontend issues visible to the user. The search could have caused issues on the backend server which would at best be noticeable via secondary effects (someone mentioned it was slow)
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-12-06 at 11:01 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I do in fact think it should only list the last one, maybe two weeks and/or 50 items, whichever is more generous (since you could accidentally delete/sell something, go on vacation etc. for three weeks or more, and only notice it afterwards)
    It should help restore accidentally deleted items, but not something you intentionally vendored/scrapped months ago.



    Just because you were not aware of an issue does not mean there wasn't one.
    It could've been a rare issue that e.g. caused the search to clear the item list, or certain items were never displayed, so they chose lessened functionality over a serious bug.
    That's just frontend issues visible to the user. The search could have caused issues on the backend server which would at best be noticeable via secondary effects (someone mentioned it was slow)
    Which we would know if they gave a reason, which was what I was specifically replying to. The other poster said they gave a reason, that it was broken. They didn't. They cited a vague "issue" without giving us the reason. The poster said "it didn't work". The search did work. You could filter and search and it returned data. Did it have bugs? likely. Few (no?) pieces of software are bug free. That doesn't cause us to say no software works. That's beside the point though. The point was that he claimed they gave a reason it was removed when they didn't. Saying there is an issue is so vague as to be pointless. It could mean anything from enabling item duplication somehow, to Bob in accounting not liking it (both of which would be actual reasons).
    Last edited by Occar; 2019-12-06 at 11:17 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    Which we would know if they gave a reason, which was what I was specifically replying to. The other poster said they gave a reason, that it was broken. They didn't. They cited a vague "issue" without giving us the reason.
    How specific should they explain this to you? "Certain circumstances caused the backend server to crash." and you'd ask "which ones?", which is already something they may not want to disclose, because other parts of the website could be similarly attacked. It would also at some point shift blame to the developers and/or technicians, which they would also not want to do.
    They don't have to disclose anything, they didn't even have to state there was any issue, that was to our benefit, but they're not willing to go into further detail, which would not really help anyone but rubbernecks that want to know everything, since the system was changed already.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  9. #49
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,955
    Eh, this is more one of those 'first world' problems. In my mind, I've always seen this as the trash line, last thing to worry about. The desgin is fine, for its actual purpose, to restore things recently lost.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    No one said they didn't. Moving on.
    "No one" lmao.. suddenly becomes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    I didn't and the person he quoted didn't.
    The person quoted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    They never gave a reason for the removal
    Oh look, heres someone else..
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    A perfect argument to support the random and unexplained removal of the search function that used to exist. Great post, good job.
    Moving on...
    Last edited by Eugenik; 2019-12-07 at 12:38 AM.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

    Eugenik - Tchondrius

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    LOL, ok sure. I thought you were raging because of light swearing and not because you sound like an angry d'bag in pretty much every post. You caught me!

    I mean if you don't want to answer my question that's cool, you don't owe me anything. Such an odd deflection is bizarre though.
    Calm down, man. You're basically just spamming at this point.

  12. #52
    Meybe its like this to discourage ppl and force to thinking while dealeting their items.

  13. #53
    Mechagnome saintminya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Twilight Highlands
    Posts
    672
    This "feature" only exists as a way to get something back that you accidentally vendored/deleted. While the search function was outright stated to have been removed because it wasn't functioning properly, I would not be the least bit surprised if it was also to discourage the attitudes seen in this thread. Unless you for whatever reason didn't play for months after deleting the item in question, then there is absolutely no reason to reasonably expect to have the item restored. Though in that case the search most likely wouldn't be needed since if you hadn't been playing for months then the item ought to show up on the first or second page anyway.

    I suppose in the case of some random quest items I could see someone not noticing they had deleted them, or realized they had any use for them, until months later. So in that event the search would be crucial to have back. However, as many others have noted, the item restoration is not some extra bank storage. Willfully vendoring gear and expecting the ability to retrieve it after months of active playtime is one seriously unprecedented form of entitlement.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    funny thing is, you used to be able to set search parameters. was much easier to find things. not sure why it was changed.

    inb4 "probably saved blizz some money, har har har"
    seriously: dont know whats funny about that. its cheap shit and filters and quality costs effort and effort costs money. and no, its not just „har har har, it takes 10mins and 1 dev to add a few filters there“. by doing nothing and accepting cheap shit (and op is totally right here) they indeed save money.

    so, i personally do not get your har har har shit. but maybe thats just me.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    How specific should they explain this to you? "Certain circumstances caused the backend server to crash." and you'd ask "which ones?", which is already something they may not want to disclose, because other parts of the website could be similarly attacked. It would also at some point shift blame to the developers and/or technicians, which they would also not want to do.
    They don't have to disclose anything, they didn't even have to state there was any issue, that was to our benefit, but they're not willing to go into further detail, which would not really help anyone but rubbernecks that want to know everything, since the system was changed already.
    It isn't "rubbernecking" when it goes from a very functional tool to a large time sink to find what you need to restore for anyone who does solo xmog runs of legacy content. A single Ulduar run populates quite a few pages with crap.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    How in the world do you have so many items to restore? You sold or deleted over 4k items in the last 2 weeks? That's outrageous. Anyway, this process is still much faster than waiting for a GM to answer your ticket and then dig around for the item; although, the restore system doesn't go back as far as the GMs used to which was more like a month plus.
    farming old raids gets you a lot of items

  17. #57
    So essentially, instead of storing the item in a bank you deleted it and you are now salty that it's not very convenient to restore it?

    The items are listed chronologically. There's honestly not much more you need.

  18. #58
    Well of course, this isn't something you should be doing regularly, so there are measures in place to discourage people from doing it often.

  19. #59
    Well, it's not supposed to be used for getting back items you destroyed/vendored ages ago. As allready stated it's for restoring an item you accidentaly deleted recently.

    This is the issue with retail, no pieces of loot hold any meaningful value, so you just slam them to the vendor as they get handed to you, because you get handed a million of them every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

  20. #60
    Mechagnome Gevoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lightbringer - US
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    "No one" lmao.. suddenly becomes:


    The person quoted:


    Oh look, heres someone else..


    Moving on...
    Boring. You've got semantics, a statement without context, and quote from someone who wasn't in that conversation. Yawn. Moving on, cool guy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •