Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    The argument that we dont' need another class "beCaUsE thEy nEEd tO bAlaNcE tHe exIsTIng oneS" falls flat on its face, because there have never been and never will be a balance. So they just chose stagnation.
    The real reason is because they're getting lazy/no financing, or preparing something new (hopefully). Knowing Ion however, I think its just general lack of direction and understanding what people want. Hopefully after Shadowblands fails he will finally be fired.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard: *doesn't do something*

    Community: There goes Blizzard listening to the wrong parts of the community again.

    Blizzard: *does something*

    Community: There goes Blizzard listening to the wrong parts of the community again.
    Their own fault they keep listening to the wrong parts of the community

  3. #23
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,029
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-fascist View Post
    That's right, WoD also had no new class or race. And covenants are another single expansion deal like garrisons.

    This doesn't bode well. WoD 2?
    Nan it’s Wod 4 as people were saying legion was wod 2 and then bfa was wod 2 so clearly this has to be 4.

  4. #24
    It could be loosely argued that Demon Hunters are a race as well as a class since they're substantially different from elves physically, which would make Shadowlands fit the pattern.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Littleraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,195
    I'd rather they just keep adding allied and non allied races than more classes. I feel like we are in a pretty good spot when it comes to classes and most if not all bases are covered before you start overlapping more than some already do.

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,285
    Because fuck tinkers, that's why.
    You know, it's kinda funny. On this forum you can question and criticize celebrities, developers, even governments. But only two you will net you instant infractions; religion and the actions of moderators. Really puts into perspective the literal god complexes we're dealing with here.

  7. #27
    I think the obvious answer is because they didn't think it would boosts subs/sales enough.

    But furthermore, their direction for Shadowlands definitely seems like there is a focus on fundamentally fixing classes. But from BlizzCon it doesn't even seem like they know how to do that yet. Its kind of counter intuitive to add multiple new specs when you don't even know which direction to take the old ones.

  8. #28
    No new class, and the info we have about current class development leaves a tremendous amount to be desired.

    So far, all I’ve heard was that some old abilities are returning. Very disappointing news so far...
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,285
    There is a way to balance... allow counters. Either each class has a hard and a soft counter or have them split classes into 3 or 5 categories, then balance the 3 to 5.
    You know, it's kinda funny. On this forum you can question and criticize celebrities, developers, even governments. But only two you will net you instant infractions; religion and the actions of moderators. Really puts into perspective the literal god complexes we're dealing with here.

  10. #30
    Probably for one main reason.

    They couldnt think up a class that both fit the theme of the expansion and had enough unique spells to not just be a copy of other classes.

  11. #31
    Class design space isn't infinite. At some point it becomes boring, or just a flavor variant. We're already struggling with class mechanics being meaningfully different rather than just "combo points, but in a different way".

    Existing classes/specs could use a more substantial overhaul, though. Just going "you guys liked Classic huh? GUESS WHAT, HUNTER'S MARK IS BACK!" is a bit anemic.

  12. #32
    To be honest, i don't actually miss a new class.

    The biggest problem about it is all the trouble you get to level and gear each single character so that they become playable for each current content and in pair with everyone else.

    I already have the 12 classes on each side at max level... Not anxious at all to get two more for now.

  13. #33
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had a class planned to be added but was cut for some reason. Apparently they can get away with just breaking existing classes and then ''try to fix'' current classes for the next expansion as a ''major feature''. Its not like we had expansions that both improved all classes a lot and also added a new class aswell *COUGH* WotLK *COUGH* MoP *COUGH*

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Why do we need a new class every other expansion, though? Is there a point where we have too many classes to balance properly?
    We could have only 3 classes and Blizzard would still be viewed as unable to balance properly.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    There is a way to balance... allow counters. Either each class has a hard and a soft counter or have them split classes into 3 or 5 categories, then balance the 3 to 5.
    Ah yes, the Dark Legacy approach to class balance.

  16. #36
    Bloodsail Admiral Evaddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    We didn't need DKs, Monk and DHs as well. New class is just new flavour.
    Okay? And your point exactly? I'm saying they have more pressing matters to attend to then adding another class

  17. #37
    I think it has more to do with a lack of creativity of new specs and spells that fit the theme. I mean sure the obvious would be a necromancer, but then they'd have to come up with a full kit, of at least 2 specs, and I think they lacked the ideas for that.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-fascist View Post
    That's right, WoD also had no new class or race. And covenants are another single expansion deal like garrisons.

    This doesn't bode well. WoD 2?
    Probably. Blizzard is quite lazy in this expansion: Not only does 8.3 feel like quite a lazyfest and a rehash of old content, Shadowlands seems quite underwhelming: 5 zones, not connected, Bastion seems very very blant, and it does feel that blizzard have not many devs on wow any more.

    It feels right now like the worst combination of Cataclysm and WoD: they took the worst of them, and made an expansion of it.

    This might be connected that the "BEST DEVS" are now working on mobile. Or blizzard was so into the mobile-insanity before blizzcon 2018 that they didn#t had much content for wow any more, since all devs were focusing on DO YOU GUYS HAVE NO PHONES. Any of this is quite possible.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why would they add a new class so you can complain about, when they can not add one and have you complain anyway.

    Now seriously, adding a class just for the sake of saying "hey we added a new class, fuck you" does not do any good. Besides, we have enough classes, I doubt that you're playing them all.

    And what if they added a new class and it wasn't something you'd like? Like for example I don't give a crap about monks, I absolutely dislike everything about them.
    Well im just gonna say. Your dislike of monks is noted and...your simply dumb for not liking the single greatest class introduced into the game.

  20. #40
    because its not needed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •