Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm not reading all that you just posted bro.

I also do not read stuff that begins with "oh you obviously never PVPed or played WoW". I've been playing since beta and I don't need to prove it anymore. My post history is here for 10 years, my armory is up, I play and have played the game.

You've gotta be crazy to think I'm reading all that with no punctuation and no capitalization, LMAO, GET BENT and put on ignore!!

Mine, and i rarely PVP, and have rarely pvped pretty much forever.
    lets check yours.

Are you sure you pvp alot?
    1 arathi basin since you made this DK in wotlk? oof.

now i know this doesent work because i can see in your ahceives it does not line up, but thats the armory you give so you say "Look you can see what i do" and i see, and well yeah not much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    there was nothing to do after HFC released except loging in once per day for garrisons and for raids, same reason why i canceled my sub last week till 8.3, theres nothing to do except login once a day for dailies and for raids
    there wasn't even dailies in WoD, just a single daily, and while lvling was amazing it was also short, u can pretty much be done with max 2 toons to lvl
    sadly it was best time to make gold for zero effort, my friend had 11 toon with max garrison, he was generating sh8tload of gold for just 10 min login and logout
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    WoD had great initial success because WoD was sold as TBC 2.0 by Blizz PR. It was not, in fact, anything remotely like TBC 2.0 (one of several reasons for the massive decline after the initial surge). WoD's numbers declined so rapidly that Blizz stopped reporting subscriptions thereafter...
    blizz stopped release numbers because FF14 beat them in subs imo
    now that no one know how much active subs in wow, no one know which mmo is the king: FF14 or WoW

regarding pvp: WoD also introduced the most broken pvp racial ever: the human racial free trinket EMFH, never in entire wow history was a racial so broken that it turned arena tournament (it should still be on wow official youtube channel) to teams of pure humans + nelf druid or dwarf shaman, literally nothing else
    only once in entire tournament a single team tried once a horde team, only to lose and switch back to humans + nelf druid/dwarf shaman, heck i bet if pally/priest healer were good we wouldn't see any other race beside the most broken OP racial ever in wow history EMFH
    Last edited by sam86; 2019-12-06 at 04:02 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I mean MoP was a shit expansion its just WoD was soooooo much worse. The raids were fun and engaging and the fights were enjoyable but that is about it there was nothing else going for the expansion at all. And since there were only 3 raids total that was realllly bad. MoP was world of dailycrafts with so many rep farms it was super obnoxious. I think it was the only expansion I didnt bother to try with as the starter raids were trash. Throne was fun and Siege was alright at first but for as long as it was up it turned into a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Healthpools did skyrocket though, change quadruple to whatever works for you. It's just a speculation, why are you acting so snarky over it? They killed pvp, the playerbase went down, other PVP games trended, so maybe PVP had something to do with it? That's all I'm saying, good lord, you can stop puppy guarding my posts now.
    Snarky? I'm simply appreciating your superior intellect. You figured out exactly why WoW lost subscribers despite having absolutely zero access to WoW's attrition data. That's a pretty impressive feat, I apologize if that makes it seem like I'm "puppy guarding" your posts! Though, personally, I think it was global warming and an infinitesimally slight deceleration of the Earth's rotation which contributed to subscriber losses. Like you, I also do not have any access to WoW's attrition data but I'd like to think I'm right because I'm posting on the internet... and really, who would just go on the internet to tell lies?!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warlords was shit. That's...that's just it. Why? Because it was badly made. It's not a fucking hard concept to grasp.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Warlords was shit. That's...that's just it. Why? Because it was badly made. It's not a fucking hard concept to grasp.
    It's a load of bull. "Warlords was bad because it was bad". You're not giving any actual reason, you're just restating the premise.

wod was good, i had fun, but the thing that ruined it for me was ability pruning, at the begining of wod i raided as dps warrior and it was the shittiest experience ever, i was bottom dps even tho it wasnt my fault, warriors were just broken, but overall i think wod was good, i had a ton of fun in ashran with those massive pvp fights, garrison was fun also wod had a very unique visual art, everything looked very smooth like paintings, the zones were beautiful

7+ Year Old Account
    they themselves drop the ball somehow, guess it was the mentality of one expansion per year, cutting content to the "get more money with the less effort possible", iit went so bad they prefer or though it was easy to just start again than fix it.

i didn't play much, like i came in the last patch, but i find enjoyable, the raids were cool, pvp in general was cool, like the item buy, didn't like most of the class design, i hate my arms warrior there) it just didn't had much content to do, it was cool get the mounts for the Garrison but i never did more than that, overall it missed content outside the raider niche, but was not entirely bad, my time was spent most in bgs, a bit of arena and mount/mog run

in my book it was better than Legion and BfA for sure, and shadowlands don't look any better
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-12-06 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Like how does that work?
    It's called filler xpack. You release minimum amount of content, just to try to keep players subbed, and buy more time for development of some other content this way. There are several reasons for this:
    1) Internal - new character models required too much development resources. Blizzard decided, that in a long term new character models were more important for health of the game, than current content. But I personally don't know, how one single model can require so much development time. Game has thousands and millions of them.
    2) Internal - they wanted Legion to be super cool, so they decided to buy some development time to do it. But Legion actually wasn't so super cool. It was just the same grindy BFA with gutted classes, but with some wishes satisfied, like "Bring back TBC", "Demon Hunter", "Bring back talent trees", "Gimme Cashbringer", etc.
    3) External - they moved resources to other game, like Overwatch, i.e. used our money, we pay for Wow, to grab even more money from some other players. Remember, that their definitions of "successful game" and "good for game" differ from players' definitions. May be it's good for them to sacrifice whole xpack, players actually paid for, just to become more successful and heathy as company, but not for players. And... It would be good, if we would get our dividents from our investments some day, i.e. that some day money from, let's say, Overwatch, would get back to Wow to make it better. But, looks like it isn't gonna happen. We have 2nd filler xpack in a row.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-12-06 at 05:44 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    SoO only lasted 1 year 1 month, not 2 years. In WoD, HFC also lasted 1 year 1 month, but there was no content before HFC for about a year also. 6.1's "Content Patch" was Twitter Integration and no content.
    Except the heirlooms interface; the trader/raid quest/Harrison quest/profession quests in your garrison; the music box and the rolls to hunt down; new follower missions including for the BRF raid; numerous class changes; a follower for completing the ring questline; new battle pets in BC raids; item fixes to make transmog easier, etc.

Yeah. It was literally nothing but Twitter. /s
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

For me, WoD started so poorly, the bad taste in my mouth just lasted the entire expac. The 1st 2 weeks, the game was literally unplayable, crazy long queues, when you got to character list, game crashed. I persnally loved garrisons, I made so much gold, I couldn't believe they let it go so long before nerfed it to the ground, some days I was making 75k gold a day for logging in on 11 toons for 5 minutes each. Doesn't sound like much to some, but it adds up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except the heirlooms interface; the trader/raid quest/Harrison quest/profession quests in your garrison; the music box and the rolls to hunt down; new follower missions including for the BRF raid; numerous class changes; a follower for completing the ring questline; new battle pets in BC raids; item fixes to make transmog easier, etc.

Yeah. It was literally nothing but Twitter. /s
    I shouldn't have used the word "literally" but I don't need to defend my stance. There is no argument for 6.1 being anything but a complete and utter failure of a major patch. It should have been a 6.0.x patch. Blizzard had implemented system changes involving integrations/new UI/updated models/etc. in 0.0.x patches before. They should have done it again. People all over the place were talking about how they were quitting WoW because they weren't going to pay $15/mo for that to be a major patch. A few people were even worried that Blizzard was running out of content "clearly" so they should quit before the game starts sucking even more.

It being a minor patch wouldn't have changed how much content WoD got, obviously, but some psychological thing in people's heads ticked when a major patch came out and that is what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Garrisons was the primary focus of the game, outside of your weekly raid there was very little to do once you had finished your garrison
    And half of the raiding content was cut on top of that... WoD had all the hallmarks for potential yet failed to deliver due to development resources being siponed away from it as it launched. What we ended up with was Legion; and tbh, aside from the Legiondaries issue, was much better conceptually than it had any right to be.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Like how does that work?
    The excuse they gave was that they increased the development team a massive amount and had to teach everyone the Blizzard software since it's unique. The reality is that they scrapped the initial idea behind Warlords and ended up having to build the expansion over 7 months(the first iteration of alpha was actually bare of almost everything).
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Like how does that work?
    What? WoD did great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    There’s a lot more to do then there was in WoD besides raiding. Mythic plus are actually enjoyable content, and PvP is lit too. The rest of the features are pretty pointless. But I feel like most people who bash the game for having nothing to do, don’t do mythic + content and it’s a huge part of endgame for a lot of ppl.
    i dont bash the game, i just said theres nothing for me personaly to do, im alrdy 445+, have bis traits for all 3 warlock specs, ever since i capped neck at 70 like 2 months ago there was nothing for me to do except raids and paragon cache farming

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    OP Pandas and Generic Bad Guy Gets Corrupted By An Old God (Again) is okay BUT I DRAW THE LINE at time travel."

Okay, you do you dude.
    Please it wasnt just time travel. It was dimensional hopping that in turn has forever fucked up wow lore, certainly made the Legion absolutely fucked. There should be a demonic version of every character

7+ Year Old Account
    These where the biggest issues with Warlords of Dreanor:

1st:
    Time travel... Altered dimention timeline.... its very hard to understand and be engaged with as a human, since we are time based creatures and in every situation people make a Time travel/altered dimention timeline 100 or even 1000 Questions come to our minds.... What if.... but why... ecc... This pulls people away from the story and make it feel fake or just wrong.

2nd:
    The Legion expansion was suppose to be after Mist of pandaria... but for some stupid reason they did the WoD expansion that felt very out of place... that also aliented people.

3rd:
    Making it seem that TRAVELING BETWEEN ALTERED TIMELINE DIMENTION WORLDS... is like taking a portal from Darnasuss to Storwind.... JUST BLOWS peoples mind.... it just falls back to the..... what... why... category that again pulls people out of the story.

4th:
    it showed that they had not a clear path for witch expansion they wanted to launch (WoD or Legion) so they had not work that much on either... that showed later into the expansion...

5th:
    at some point blizzard jsut abandon the exampsion leaving it to Rot... that is very sad... this with all its mistakes and fails... we could have had some amazing raids and story developents

6th:
    How they forced everyone to make and control a GARRISON... that was such a huge mistake.... Garrisons should just have been an altered progression to do while leveling or at max level... not forcing everyone single person to build up a base.... alot of WoW players love to be the Lone Wolf of the story or just beeing a mercenery.... so this made people feel realy bad about the Garrisons...

My personal idea:
    Blizzard should have rolled with Legion right after Mist of Pandaria.... Time Travel should just be used in dungeons or raids... with the Bronze dragon flight, since with that, we can pull in and out fast... making it just a small small part of the main story.

They had the idea to go back and revamp Outland and ressurect all of the old warlords of dreanor... if you ask me that would have been a way better idea and we would not have an entire Alterened timeline world problem on our hands.

Just think about it, Fel Ressureceted Warlords and a fel Horde, with a revamped outland, pushing forward the story on that broken world, would have been amazing.
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2019-12-06 at 09:10 AM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor did fine. In my opinion it was the last of the good expansions. These past two have been quite bad.

Because garrison was the worst feature ever in the history of WoW.