Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Uh, you okay m8? The Heirloom weapons were in MoP, not WoD. WoD had Heirloom trinkets.
    Woops. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Garrison chores like gathering work orders, garden, and mine - chores are not fun, and running around your garrison collecting ore etc is hardly content

Hop around to find the trainer - what?

Harrison quest - 6 Harrison quests are finite

Restock my barn - only works if you have a barn

Beat each pet tamer in each zone while cycling around doing said Harrison/bounty quests - sure you do those once but after that you don't need to; the garrison pet section is enough

Do my random heroic for points - after a while you don't need to

Do all the M0s over the course of the week - only from 6.2 onwards and once you outgeared them, why would you? (other than the event)

Do challenge modes - not repeatable

Do the apexis quests - why? the currency is useless once you have bought the mount and outgear the gear you can buy from vendor

Do archaeology - finite

Farm the outdoor elites that drop order resources - why? you get more than enough from the cache and missions

Hunt for rares that drop mounts - finite

Grind reps - finite

for people who played since Day 1, WoD ran out of content rather quickly
    Cited for opinion.

The pet tamers in every zone and the dozen in Tanaan.

A daily every day.

If you hate gold and pet charms, feel free to skip them.

Again, if you choose not to do it that's your fault.

What world do you exist in that challenge modes are not repeatable.

There are numerous toys to buy, and all the pets are cageable and sellable. If you don't even care about that you can DE the goods and sell the dust for gold.

To turn in for pieces for older projects you don't have everything from?

I played since day one of WoD, only played one toon, and went to bed some days with stuff undone. If you want to go "lol who'd want to do that" to dismiss half the outdoor content of an expansion, that's on you. But don't lie and say there wasn't anything to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Here's the thing - "plenty to do" is relative. It's relative to time you spend ingame, to the attractiveness of the feature to a player (for example, a lot of people can't stand farming - I mean baleful farming? Or waiting for Poundfist to appear?), efficiency (you can finish most grinds in a set amount of time), purpose / reward (you CAN farm elites, but there is no point, you don't need extra resources; you CAN do all Mythics, but what for?).
    You're playing a game? Why are you playing it? Let's be honest. You can choose not to do any of the stuff I listed, and that's fine. But don't choose not to do any of it and then whine that you have nothing to do. Nothing in your fridge you're in the mood for does not equal empty fridge, to borrow a metaphor.
    Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way.

Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer. - Powerogue 2019

It failed because Blizzard stopped really giving a shit about it almost out of the gate, as soon as people started leaving they stopped caring.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u have zero problem that of all problems and u see wow in its best now right? did u actually count that the sub numbers didn't end after whatever random number i put? did u count the seconds too?
    heck did anyone who read my post thought i actually posted a real number and just random garbage because i was talking about a point and not using a super computer to count every second of it?
    I'm sorry, could you perhaps retranslate your post into something resembling more than random words? Maybe complete sentences? I have no idea what you're talking about except maybe you think we're attacking the fact you said 12 years ago instead of being more exact?
    Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way.

Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer. - Powerogue 2019

WoD was also made to coincide with the release of the Warcraft movie. Cross-promotion. The hope was that the movie would bring in a new wave of WoW players, and the game content would boost enthusiasm for the film by current players who might not be as familiar with WC, WCII stories. However, the result was a flop on both sides, so they cut their losses and moved on as quickly as possible with the storylines and expansions the devs actually cared about.