Thread: Azeroth gender

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I'd say you can be a strong character (male or female) with a satisfying arc and still die. I wouldn't say "strong" means physically strong or immortal. And even ten...Superman etc has died.
    Generally I disagree with regards to stories that are never-ending. If your intention is to create a strong protagonist, male or female, the last thing you should do is have them be killed easily (or at all).

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Besides Magni calling Azeroth a she, I am also assuming that she's the mother earth.
    It's backed up by baine so I think it's fair to assume that she is the earth mother consider she is literally the planet soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

azeroth is an apache attack helicopter

Azeroth is a she as confirmed by everything. There are male and female titans.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Is this the prelude to the new heelsvsbaby face video " BLIZZARD SHOEHORNS IN DIVERSITY MAKING AZEROTH FEMALE" or some bullshit for clicks
    Funny you say that. I used to like him, but the constant hate and negativity made me unsub a few months ago.

How DARE you assume her gender ?!?

I was expecting to see this way before, this community is becoming a carebears den :P
    She is a she, even the devs were speaking of "her" like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Female. Silithus is the pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Chronicle is no longer the solid reliable source of information you should turn to. Now that we know it was written from the point of view of the Titans, any information in there is subject to flaws, mistakes and overall ignorance.
    Blizzard didn’t create Chronicle with the “flaws, mistakes, and overall ignorance” of the Titans in mind. The whole perspective nonsense was made up to allow them to retcon what was meant to be definitive lore books.

They’re reliable unless contradicted by a later canon source.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Is this supposed to show something that proves the person you quoted wrong?

Almost every single one of these "strong" male characters have been killed.
    Fair point, only weak people ever die and only stories that aren't told end

she is female.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Fair point, only weak people ever die and only stories that aren't told end
    Glad we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Blizzard didn’t create Chronicle with the “flaws, mistakes, and overall ignorance” of the Titans in mind. The whole perspective nonsense was made up to allow them to retcon what was meant to be definitive lore books.

I'm more in line with the whole "It's from titan POV." as a failed diplomatic way of "Shut up we're not going to spoil shit in Shadowlands right now." but left themselves open for another whine fest on the other side of things.

My theory is that zhe's non-binary-non-conforming genderfluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I'm more in line with the whole "It's from titan POV." as a failed diplomatic way of "Shut up we're not going to spoil shit in Shadowlands right now." but left themselves open for another whine fest on the other side of things.
    My only issue is that it seems The Shadowlands isn't a chaotic realm but an ordered one.

I think Azeroth is gender fluid and probably prefers ze/hir pronouns. Imagine how brave it would be and badass!!!1

10+ Year Old Account
    EXCUSE ME
    Azeroth identifies as a planetary neutral genderless rotund-shaped, acceptance-oriented pseudo animated object

And you better respect it

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post

Which is absolutely ridiculous, creating a series of books which sets a baseline for everything in your game universe only to then open it up to retcons at their whim is the worst kind of story telling.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Honestly, it doesn't matter what we call Azeroth. Azeroth could be like the no-sex/gender God in Sikhism. Using gender pronouns is a language convention really and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    not a troll thread i swear

is there any 1000000% confirmation in the game that says Azeroth is female? anywhere in chronicle? just curious
    Yes one of the books, said that Sargeras fell into a sleep and dreamt of Azeroth. He stood before her and she opened her eyes and looked at him. He immediately became enamored with her and then chose to not kill her. He wanted to corrupt her and make her his.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's call it schle or schlimself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's pivot away from identity and/or gender politics in the real world, and focus instead on Azeroth in the fictional narrative.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead