Are cash shop glamor sets armor type agnostic?

I’m trying to find an answer but phrasing a good search is hard.

Coming from WoW and the idea of “cosmetic” classified gear that exists to be a transmog set over whatever you’re wearing as any class, and seeing that FFXIV has a cash shop for clothing and armor sets that exist to be glamored... I gotta think that these are armor type agnostic... aren’t they?

From what I understood is you can glamor any armor into shop armor. The only requirement is any specified gender locks. The ONLY armor im not entirely sure about is the Heavensward guy's armor.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Some armor is gender specific. Some armor is DoM/DoW specific. The rest has no restrictions. Weapons are job specific.

Alma's is Female only.
    Abes (Tidus) is Male only.

Angelic/Demon armor is everyone/every job

Ward Knight is DoW
    Ward Mage is DoM

ALL Weapons are job specific

Edit: You can open the page on whatever piece you want and highlight the armor and it will tell you: All Classes/DoW/DoM/Job and Male/Female/All
    Last edited by babalou1; 2019-12-06 at 04:45 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I’m trying to find an answer but phrasing a good search is hard.

Coming from WoW and the idea of “cosmetic” classified gear that exists to be a transmog set over whatever you’re wearing as any class, and seeing that FFXIV has a cash shop for clothing and armor sets that exist to be glamored... I gotta think that these are armor type agnostic... aren’t they?
    Most are yes. Any restrictions are listed on said Cash Shop gear page.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Weapons are job specific.
    That makes sense!

I was eyeing a coat type look on the cash shop that I was considering for a character that starts arcanist and goes dark knight eventually. It’s not a gendered look so I should be ok then if I’m understanding it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    If an item requires a certain armor type, gender, or Job, it'll say so in the cash shop (they do this to avoid situations where you buy, say, Lyse's traveling outfit on a male character or Thancred's on a female).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    That makes sense!

I was eyeing a coat type look on the cash shop that I was considering for a character that starts arcanist and goes dark knight eventually. It’s not a gendered look so I should be ok then if I’m understanding it right.
    Open the page for that specific gear and then move the cursor over any of the pieces. It will show you who/what can equip it. In some cases it will tell you on the actual page but best bet is to check the gear piece. A little common sense is left to the player (Female looking gear is obviously female only, so the main page wont tell you) but job/dow/dom specific stuff should be labeled on the main page saying its specific for this class or whatever