Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post

WoD had a decent way to handle PvP gear, as in the ilvl changed based on where you were in the world but I'm not sure if anyone else liked this.
    Maybe just Resil and PvP power again? /shrug
    Not ideal, but still better than anything came after WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Need to do this, and need to make time to kill much lower. As a skilled player, I need to have more influence over the outcome of the match. It should not take 3-4 ppl beating on a healer to kill it.
    Only dd specs should be allowed to que for 1vs1 solo arena.

And regarding RGBs, i think this abomination should just be removed, and replaced to a better reward structure in random bgs along with personal rating, class pvp quests and more kill acms. Again, tbc and wod did an excellent job in that, just wod was too focused on ashran.

Mythic+ needs to be reduced to cosmetic rewards like it was done with the challenge mode dungeons in MoP...there i said it, without that gear source, there would be more incentive to do pvp and even other relevant pve content like raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    What they need to do is remove arena and move PvP progression to BGs. Unrated solo queue and rated solo queue. Arena is a dead game mode and PvP vendors won't fix it.
    While I agree with this 100% you have to look at it from a Business PoV, Arena World Tournament brings Acti-Blizz money, you can't really do the same thing with BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    how about no lol. I don't want to farm 2 entire sets of gear just to do M+ and play some random BGs every now and then. a vendor similar to the azerite vendor would be perfectly fine we don't need separate gear for PvE and PvP again that shit fucking sucked
    Diversity was great, and it did not suck at all.

You could combine raid gear with gladiator tier sets, why is that bad?

The communism gear right now, is truly bad, its not even class specific enough.

And you mentioned the elephant in the room, Mythic+, this needs to be fixed first, it affects everything in the game way too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Diversity was great, and it did not suck at all.

You could combine raid gear with gladiator tier sets, why is that bad?

The communism gear right now, is truly bad, its not even class specific enough.

And you mentioned the elephant in the room, Mythic+, this needs to be fixed first, it affects everything in the game way too much!
    I'd rather spend my time actually playing the game not arbitrarily farming 5 different sets that will be replaced in a new patch shortly after I finish acquiring them

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    While I agree with this 100% you have to look at it from a Business PoV, Arena World Tournament brings Acti-Blizz money, you can't really do the same thing with BG's.
    I wonder why, after all this is a MMO and should be about massive battles not a small arena sandbox?

BG World Tournaments or even 1vs1 Tournaments would be as possible, if blizz decided to massively push it. I enjoyed Savix' 1vs1 Tournament more, than any Arena World Tournament...while i can watch this, its not my way of doing pvp in general, i do not want to think and act in teams, i control 1 char in wow not a group at all times.

So, dunno why this abomination was pushed so hard, on the other side i am a kinda old player raised with FFA and duels in mind back fromt he strategy game era. I like to have full control its my mindset, but i can accept chaos done by huge battles and unbalanced rpg gear. Building the best team of the world is not really in my mindset, i might consider this with some of my pets one day, at least i am controlling all 3 of them in a battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear based on rating... nah. WoD gearing minus ashran shenanigans was the superior gearing system. I'm open to elite gear being slightly higher ilvl than conquest gear (which should be mythic ilvl in PvP), but conquest gear should be available to all after a grind.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2019-12-06 at 11:38 PM.

I'd rather spend my time actually playing the game not arbitrarily farming 5 different sets that will be replaced in a new patch shortly after I finish acquiring them
    well, then just only farm the set that fits your gameplay best? I just say, its good to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    not with this engine it cant
    well seeing it was better in TBC pretty silly to say it needs a better engine

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    well seeing it was better in TBC pretty silly to say it needs a better engine
    You enjoyed running around pillars with druids for hours? Lol. Pvp in wow always been shit. Absolute dogshit.
    People who call old expansions better were just playing a strong comp.

RMP and RMD have always been dogshit to play against, Rdruid x ?? 2's was cancerous, and mana wars was fun for people who enjoy C&B torture.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they need to do is remove arena and move PvP progression to BGs. Unrated solo queue and rated solo queue. Arena is a dead game mode and PvP vendors won't fix it.
    Big oof. Arena is much more competitive and popular than BGs. At least to hardcore PvPers.

how about no lol. I don't want to farm 2 entire sets of gear just to do M+ and play some random BGs every now and then. a vendor similar to the azerite vendor would be perfectly fine we don't need separate gear for PvE and PvP again that shit fucking sucked
    Wait, you don't already keep 2-3 sets of gear for Raid using Benthic, PvP traited azerite and trinkets etc? Oh, carry on then; you've retained your sanity whilst I've left mine behind. (Minor /s)
    I already have to manage 2 sets of gear this tier, 1 for raid and 1 for M+. A 3rd would be tedious, but I also played a Druid in Wrath when I needed 4 complete sets of gear [No it's true, not hyperbole] so I'm used to this type of BDSM level shenanigans.

You enjoyed running around pillars with druids for hours? Lol. Pvp in wow always been shit. Absolute dogshit.
    People who call old expansions better were just playing a strong comp.

RMP and RMD have always been dogshit to play against, Rdruid x ?? 2's was cancerous, and mana wars was fun for people who enjoy C&B torture.
    as a Resto shaman who played shamy/war/ret for TBC; TBC was the best arena has ever been in this game, now was it perfect? absolutely not, but it was still better then any thing else over the entire expansion.

and i'd take mana wars over stall till deep damp 3s

7+ Year Old Account
    god i hate to agree with you...
    but fuck arenas
    this game is not made for those kinds of combat
    its made for big scale pvp.

pvp used to be A LOT less cc, and more about how skilled you were at combat and who to target, how to dodge cds, and how to trick cd usage.
    but then that made areanas way too quick, cause a death in arean means game over, whichever team loses a perosn first loses so.
    which made CC more and more and more prominent.

but in BG's a single death doesent matter, which made it much more long term, and less "FUCK i messed up, entire thing is done"
    Pair that with the fact that Bg's with bigger team then 2v2/3v3 meant that one pertsons minor fuck up was not "fuck all done" and made it a MUCH less stressful situation, and much more a team based system. plus being 10 man meant that if 1 class was abit stronger it didnt matter, cause you coudlnt just run all that class or you wouldnt have the utility of a "spread" team, but in arenas its just way too easy to just choose the 2 strongest classes and always win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with bolded.

I don't believe Arena should be removed but it should definitely cease to be the focus of PvP balance and development. Almost no one plays it so there's no reason at all that all PvP should be balanced around 3v3s, but there's no reason it shouldn't continue to exist so that people who do enjoy it can queue for it... PvP balance should just stop being focused on 3v3 and start being focused on 10v10.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, you know, just move the progression but leave arena intact, because deleting content some people actually enjoy is just stupid as shit? It's possible to move progression to RBG and keep arena in at the same time, you do realise?

- Switching progression to RBGs
    - Having arena as an 'alternate, but less viable' route

are better by miles than:

- deleting arena from the game outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    - Switching progression to RBGs
    A big issue is that RBG's are bogged down itself by a lot of bad mechanics as well.

For example, there is nothing fun about having a massive zerg in the middle of EotS / AB for minutes because no side is able to score enough kills within a short frame in order to wipe the enemy completely.
    Especially in AB, the powercreep of mobility made it so easy to defend once you have 3 three bases.

Those maps were built with the mobility of Classic in mind, where a Mage with a single Blink was considered mobile, not the crazy shit that Monks and DH's are able to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I wonder why, after all this is a MMO and should be about massive battles not a small arena sandbox?

BG World Tournaments or even 1vs1 Tournaments would be as possible, if blizz decided to massively push it. I enjoyed Savix' 1vs1 Tournament more, than any Arena World Tournament...while i can watch this, its not my way of doing pvp in general, i do not want to think and act in teams, i control 1 char in wow not a group at all times.

So, dunno why this abomination was pushed so hard, on the other side i am a kinda old player raised with FFA and duels in mind back fromt he strategy game era. I like to have full control its my mindset, but i can accept chaos done by huge battles and unbalanced rpg gear. Building the best team of the world is not really in my mindset, i might consider this with some of my pets one day, at least i am controlling all 3 of them in a battle.
    what's the smallest BG, 10v10? how would Announcers pay attention to all of that, let alone make calls on it? I mean, look at their latest "Esport" Overwatch, 6v6 seems like the largest anyone 1 or 2 people can call play by play on.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Big oof. Arena is much more competitive and popular than BGs. At least to hardcore PvPers.
    According to arenamate.net there are less than 2000 people above 1.8k rating in the EU. And many hardcore PvPers have several alts they play. At this point arena is just a ye old boys' club and there's absolutely no fun to be had in it for new players. Actually I doubt new players even entertain the thought of doing arena, not after sitting in LFG for hours just to get 1 or 2 games that end in raging after a single loss.

I push 1.8k (formerly 2k) every season for transmogs and it's by far the most miserable experience this game has to offer. Most of the hardcore PvPers hate it too. What's the point of keeping arena on life support if almost everyone is in universal agreement that it sucks and should be replaced by a different competitive PvP gamemode? Solo queue RBGs would be a good start. Plenty of competitive games have solo queue rated modes and they do ABSOLUTELY fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    what's the smallest BG, 10v10? how would Announcers pay attention to all of that, let alone make calls on it? I mean, look at their latest "Esport" Overwatch, 6v6 seems like the largest anyone 1 or 2 people can call play by play on.
    Games should be designed with gamers in mind, not primadonna streamers and e-sports announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    god i hate to agree with you...
    but fuck arenas
    this game is not made for those kinds of combat
    its made for big scale pvp.

pvp used to be A LOT less cc, and more about how skilled you were at combat and who to target, how to dodge cds, and how to trick cd usage.
    but then that made areanas way too quick, cause a death in arean means game over, whichever team loses a perosn first loses so.
    which made CC more and more and more prominent.

but in BG's a single death doesent matter, which made it much more long term, and less "FUCK i messed up, entire thing is done"
    Pair that with the fact that Bg's with bigger team then 2v2/3v3 meant that one pertsons minor fuck up was not "fuck all done" and made it a MUCH less stressful situation, and much more a team based system. plus being 10 man meant that if 1 class was abit stronger it didnt matter, cause you coudlnt just run all that class or you wouldnt have the utility of a "spread" team, but in arenas its just way too easy to just choose the 2 strongest classes and always win.
    BGs give every class the opportunity to shine. There's a large-scale fight going on in the middle somewhere where aoe-heavy classes can show-off. There's a 1v1 fight between a node guard and a stealth capper. There are small-scale skirmishes elsewhere that favor classes with self-sustain. The point is you can find the thing you're good at and help your team win. In arena every class is crammed into the same game mode whether they fit it or not. As an example, MM hunters can shine in BGs by staying at the edges of battle and sniping priority targets. You can't do that in arena because you'll get your face tunneled until you die. There's absolutely no positional gameplay other than pillar humping.

I'd love to see something like a rated 40 man AV. Imagine all the unique and interesting strategies people would come up with.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2019-12-07 at 08:35 AM.

not with this engine it cant
    it can and it was.. back in wrath

- - - Updated - - -

According to arenamate.net there are less than 2000 people above 1.8k rating in the EU. And many hardcore PvPers have several alts they play. At this point arena is just a ye old boys' club and there's absolutely no fun to be had in it for new players. Actually I doubt new players even entertain the thought of doing arena, not after sitting in LFG for hours just to get 1 or 2 games that end in raging after a single loss.
    well thats because pvp is in the worst state its ever been.. by a lot

just like the whole game tbh, but especially pvp

they need to stop removing and abandoning things that they ruined themselves and instead fix them..
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-12-07 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well thats because pvp is in the worst state its ever been.. by a lot

just like the whole game tbh, but especially pvp

they need to stop removing and abandoning things that they ruined themselves and instead fix them..
    Honestly I can't even begin to imagine the crazy extensive kind of tuning and fixes they would have to apply to arena to reinvigorate participation. They'd have to completely rebrand it and remarket it as a feature. Funnily enough iirc they wanted to do that during WoD alpha with "gladiator trials" (am I remembering it correctly?) but they abandoned development, just like with other WoD features.