Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    2005 in UK when it released i was 26 now 41......

....holy fuck reality check!

17 in the tail end of closed beta.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    I was 36, played vanilla.. I'm 50 now, quit Patch 8.1 due to not having time with grandchildren taking up my time...

My youngest son was 6 years old, and was playing in Wrath, First char was a blood DK tank (before they were actually a tank spec) he is 16 now and moved on to other things aswell.
    Same here, 36 in vanilla and 50 now, no kids though.

i started wow when i was 27, shortly after vanilla EU release in 2005. it was my first mmorpg.
    play since then without any interruption of sub. but since WoD no longer as active (semi) hardcore raider.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-12-10 at 08:10 AM.

24, Wrath of the LK.
    I actually recall I started playing on the 4th of July, I think ICC wasn't out yet.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Half my life! and it has in fact influenced my life quite a lot (for good, luckily). Learnt all my English playing, allowing me to move out of my country.
    Still playing 15 years later! I´m 30 and a half. Do the math

10+ Year Old Account
    I started in Vanilla at 21. Will be 37 next year
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    think it was near the end of 2006, i was around 14 and it was just before TBC.

12, Vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I'm amazed at the people who picked up the game in later expansions, especially playing shortly after or before they even became a teenager. I guess frequenting stores for game cards back then wasn't impossible depending on where you lived, but picturing people around 13 years old asking for their parents credit card still makes me laugh.
    Me and my brother were 12 and 13 when we started playing, we came to an agreement with our parents that our monthly allowance would be used on the subscription instead of us getting it in hand.

I was 23 when Vanilla launched, and started playing that day and still play the same Paladin I made on launch night!

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    # the majority started at the recalculated sub 13 years age
    # MMO-C poll typical, most started in vanilla

=> suspicious

It was so rare to even meet a 16 year old in vanilla, that I still know how and when I met them, every guild I did know on my server had strict 18+ year old rules and AFAIK for the majority of vanillas time in EU, you had no other options as ELV and CC for the sub.
    All my friends played when we were between 12 and 15 years old. We even had our own guild and tried (and failed) to raid Karazhan when we were 13 or 14 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    23 or 24, Vanilla
    /s

had a trial 10-days account during TBC. tried a warrior but got jumped by 2 orcs behind a tree near redridge mountains and that big boar in the yard kept killing my lvl 10. decided it's not fun dying so I've quit.

few years later, I stumbled upon WoTLK trailer and got hooked. chose a demo lock so this time my pet would take the beating, then a DK and finally a resto druid. I was 29 and I've cancelled my sub (probably for good) 2 days ago when I'm in my 40. game changed alot, I changed alot, people changed alot...it was finally time for me to take my leave.

I was 18 when TBC released. I started playing around then because I remember my realm's (Antonidas-US) AQ gates opening :P I'm 31 now, time flies!

13, Vanilla. Shadow of the Necropolis Patch though

then BC released on my birthday

10+ Year Old Account
    Sixteen and I started in Wrath.

In 2005 when I was 8 years old, arrest me!

I visited my aunt and uncle one summer and my uncle was playing an undead mage in Thousand Needles. He played both WoW and I remember him having Guild Wars 1 on his desktop too. I thought that was another subscription game though so I never tried it even though I thought it looked cool in images. At the time I played Xbox games and I was obsessed with the RPG Fable, so obviously I had to try WoW.

I'm still playing at 22.

Should be no problem to get some screenshots from over 14 years ago? Haha.

I’ve actually still have the hard disk from the second computer I played on (the upgrade after using my dads work laptop), but at the moment I don’t have any adaptors to interface between that old hard disk and my current motherboard.

I have been meaning to get some of the old screenshots off that for years now but never got round to it. I’ll try get it done over the weekend, I’ll reply to you again if I do

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    33, Wrath of the Lich King.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Wrath of the Lich King, so I was like 21.