Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    First being soloing raids for a lot of gold
    I assume you have no clue how this has changed over time and has never been by design to begin with.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    And? It's a dynamic game. There are no rules or promises that nothing will change. And there shouldn't be that type of constraint. They should just manage the game to the best of their ability day by day, even when it entails changes to previous systems or rewards. MMOs are constantly changing. If you don't like that part of the game, you are playing the wrong 'type' of game. A single player game without updates would be more in line with that type of thought.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You are confusing how you get gold - with having the opportunity to earn/buy something while playing BFA. It's simple. If you are playing now and you have the gold, you can get it. If you never play BFA, then your chances of getting it diminish exponentially as it becomes more rare after. Are you now expecting Blizz to take responsibility for your ability to earn gold? And if you don't like your realm, transfer. You really are looking to over-complicate something that is not very complicated.
    Yep. Playing the wrong type of game because Blizzard arbitrarily decides to remove a vendor mount for no good reason.

  3. #43
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    First of all, here is the link: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...inable-in-901/

    I just haft to laugh. Cause in the next expansion I would bet money, that a new game-changing gold sink will appear. They are a bunch of hypocrites. First he says they want a slow amount of gold inflation, but then they make game systems (First being soloing raids for a lot of gold, later WOD and legion table missions and world quests etc) that creates inflation problems, and their solution is making things on a vendor cost a lot.

    Im sorry, but damn. I can understand they dont like having Brutosaur everywhere (Removes the snowflake concept, which I personally dont care too much about), but to remove it cause of there own created problems`? I personally make a lot of gold in wow, so I bought it a long time ago, but people who want it 1-10?? years from now will always feel like they missed out. I have this feeling with say the MOP molten core anniversary event - I unsubbed for a short while it was going on, kinda didnt follow the wow news cycle in time, and poof...Nope, no core mount for you, cause Blizzard think its good design to remove content.
    So you are that guy that believes you should be able to stroll down to your local Ford dealer and demand to be able to buy a 1964 1/2 Mustang just because you want one? Because thats what it sounds like you are suggesting.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  4. #44
    Blizzard started removing stuff from the game early in vanilla and they kept doing it for 15 years, despite of the whining it caused every time.
    If you are not a regular player, you should just lower your expectations for things you can get in this game.

    The other side of the coin, if you play casually as a regular player, your ordinary collected stuff gets rare over time.

    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Exactly.

    I mean, I even have just about everything that was time limited and I still don't think they should be removed. Removing content is never healthy for a game.
    adding in my agreement as well, no reason to remove content, there will always be new stuff to chase and show off.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    You dont see a problem >.<? The only reason why it exsist is because of Blizzards own created problems, by having poor game design that increased inflation since MOP. And then there soloution is to remove the souloution to said problem. Never remove collectibles from wow should be obvious game design by now.
    It sounds like you are super cut that you missed your MC mount. Which is kind of sad because millions of people got it but hardly anyone uses it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yep. Playing the wrong type of game because Blizzard arbitrarily decides to remove a vendor mount for no good reason.
    You mean blizzard does something you don't like and now it is arbitrary and "for no good reason". The entitlement us strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  7. #47
    I agree with them regarding inflation, it's critical to control it, but the amount of currency that enters the world needs to increase at a gradual pace. Otherwise you find people being forced to grind for raw gold. Players should end up with a small income just from playing the game normally. You don't want a deflationary economy.

    That said, from the blue posts it looks like they regret adding the AH mount to the game, and want rich players to spend the 5M gold now to remove that money from the economy. The latter makes sense to me, the former not so much. But I bought mine on day 1 of the expansion so I'm cool with it. The AH mount is just incredibly convenient, I love it. Maybe they'll add one of the other several colors of Brutosaur later on, just without the AH.

    It really seems like the devs started paying attention to the economy in BFA beta. I hope I contributed to that in some small way when I had a very popular (and thoroughly hated!) thread in the alpha forums asking the devs to stop the insanely inflationary gold missions in BFA. I was making 55k gold per day by the end of Legion with zero effort on my part. It was crazysauce, obviously damaging to the game and yet they let it continue far too long.

    Then again, maybe Shadowlands will offer a 10M AH mount. I wouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-12-07 at 12:48 AM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    adding in my agreement as well, no reason to remove content, there will always be new stuff to chase and show off.
    Right?! In 8.3 no one is going to give a fuck about the Mythic Jaina mount, because now there'll be a new Mythic mount from N'zoth.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They are removing it so that people will stay subscribed now to grind it or buy gold. There is nothing more to it than that.
    And what is your point? Are you suggesting that blizzard actively avoid making money? I think your comment is wrong but even if that was the sole reason then I applaud blizzard. Businesses are there solely to make money. The people who made this decision (who are a lot smarter than you) know what the reaction will be. There will be a tiny segment of people being fake outraged but blizzard would make more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  10. #50
    Elemental Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Blizzard started removing stuff from the game early in vanilla and they kept doing it for 15 years, despite of the whining it caused every time.
    If you are not a regular player, you should just lower your expectations for things you can get in this game.

    The other side of the coin, if you play casually as a regular player, your ordinary collected stuff gets rare over time.

    Some of the rarest mounts in the game are the Class mounts in Legion according to stats.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Some of the rarest mounts in the game are the Class mounts in Legion according to stats.
    Is that right? I have all 12 of em. Fun quests too. I expect it's because most players don't have maximum level characters of every class. That will probably change a lot with the 9.0 patch speeding up leveling dramatically and making it more fun too.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is that right? I have all 12 of em. Fun quests too. I expect it's because most players don't have maximum level characters of every class. That will probably change a lot with the 9.0 patch speeding up leveling dramatically and making it more fun too.
    I don't have the druid one because I think it looks stupid as hell.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  13. #53
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's funny how out of many absolutely bogus arguments that people use about Blizzard being a predatory company that employs scummy tactics, the only one that actually is kind of shitty gets defended so much by the same people that usually cry about such things. All because they are the rich ones and were able to afford it quickly

    If you're okay with the ah mount getting removed, you're not allowed to whine about any cash shop mount introduced in the future, ever
    why? they are not even close to being the same thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Blizzard started removing stuff from the game early in vanilla and they kept doing it for 15 years, despite of the whining it caused every time.
    If you are not a regular player, you should just lower your expectations for things you can get in this game.

    The other side of the coin, if you play casually as a regular player, your ordinary collected stuff gets rare over time.

    funny, because when i call this bullshit out
    "Stop adding stuff then removing it"
    i get called a special snowflake who wants everything handed to me
    but here we are, and now suddenly everyone wants mounts to NOT be removed?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Exactly.

    I mean, I even have just about everything that was time limited and I still don't think they should be removed. Removing content is never healthy for a game.
    god i wish more people were like this, i have been saying this for YEARS while just being called a crybaby special snowflake who wants everything handed to me.


    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-but-infernals
    Examples.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-12-07 at 01:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    8,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is that right? I have all 12 of em. Fun quests too. I expect it's because most players don't have maximum level characters of every class. That will probably change a lot with the 9.0 patch speeding up leveling dramatically and making it more fun too.
    A large amount of players didn't complete their class halls or multiple class halls which isn't too surprising given all the work you had to put in for it, especially for multiple classes. I only have the mounts for three classes.

  15. #55
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,443
    I usually collect limited time things and agree, nothing should be removed from games. Prestige through removal is a ridiculous idea. I achieve things in a game to have fun and if any prestige is somehow necessary then it lies in having it when it was relevant. I rather everyone enjoy the toys I have even if they have to wait a bit longer for it.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

  16. #56
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,644
    they are just removing it so people buy a fuckton of tokens to buy it and artificially boost sales.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    3,728
    They care more about maintaining the stable sub crowd than any potential newcomers, weekend gamers or the patch tourist crowd. Mounts and cool gear are considered the best possible rewards, artificially limiting the supply of the coolest stuff every expansion season is par for the course to satisfy this addicted crowd thriving off the perceived envy by others over what they've got and can't be obtained anymore/is extremely difficult to come by even when willing to splurge cash for it. It's part of the reason they don't allow people to sell their accounts as they want to dominate the game economy that they've created and spin gold off of controlling.

    If they were worried about gold ingame and gold inflation they'd leave every one of these gold sinks in. People aren't gonna stop grinding gold just because they remove them.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-12-07 at 01:21 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  18. #58
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is that right? I have all 12 of em. Fun quests too. I expect it's because most players don't have maximum level characters of every class. That will probably change a lot with the 9.0 patch speeding up leveling dramatically and making it more fun too.
    I have all 12 plus every colour variant as they actually count for total mounts, on ALL your charecters. for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Not sure I get your point.

    You had it for an entire expac. It's available to anyone who wants to buy it today. I'm glad they aren't common cause it would be a mess. And now they are becoming less common going forward, which in turn appropriately rewards the people who actually played in BFA.

    Did I miss something there? Seems aok to me.
    Lol rewarding people who played in BfA? Sir, I was not going to get 5 MILLION gold no matter how hard I played in BfA. They're rewarding players who played in WoD when you could make this kind of money easily by farming old raids and using the daily mission table. They're trying to take as much gold out of the economy as possible by artificially reducing supply of a super expensive gold sink mount. This is actually incredibly dumb.

    Like hell, I didn't make 2 million gold in Legion and I played that game 10 hours a day every single day for the entire expansion LOL.

  20. #60
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    They care more about maintaining the stable sub crowd than any potential newcomers, weekend gamers or the patch tourist crowd. Mounts and cool gear are considered the best possible rewards, artificially limiting the supply of the coolest stuff every expansion season is par for the course to satisfy this addicted crowd thriving off the perceived envy by others over what they've got and can't be obtained anymore/is extremely difficult to come by even when willing to splurge cash for it. It's part of the reason they don't allow people to sell their accounts as they want to dominate the game economy that they've created and spin gold off controlling.
    Thing is they tried to change it, they planned a change to make it so stuff wasnt "removed from the game" anymore, but guess what? players had a MASSIVE flipout, to the mount that they were forced to give up on the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •