Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Inb4 the next gold sink mount also inlcude the AH vendor on it.
    Next gold sink mount will cost 10 millions gold, will have bank, xmog, ah, void storage, barber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    gold inflation occurred prior to MOP, one of the reasons they added BMAH. not going to find the blue post, announcement and reason they gave. but it was for players to blow their wealth on for mounts, old removed items, raid/pvp gear, etc. i played on 5 servers at the time, items were hitting max BMAH gold cap in first days of MOP.
    why would gold inflation be any problem in fictional game? if they remove token wow i'd have zero problem with any in-game gold value, since gold will be back to be just virtual gold that has zero power or effect irl
    I left game late MoP (i think even killed hc Garrosh, which was back then hardest difficulty, ironic on my alt druid), back to late WoD, and no more pugs, ppl buy and sell pugs for gold, now that gold literally equal real life hard cold cash, getting gold in game give u advantage of not have to pay wow sub at the very minimum, not counting it can literally buy u many real products from blizzard like (if u are hoarder) virtual ticket prizes and collector stuff that u can sell later for even higher real life money
    remove tokens and let game prices go as they want, who cares if a mount is 5 million gold as long u can't count it with actual real money and will forever stay gold? because a chineese gold farmer sell them illegal? that's like irl government try to stop illegal drugs by selling cocaine themselves
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Next gold sink mount will cost 10 millions gold, will have bank, xmog, ah, void storage, barber.
    The next one will have the warchief sitting on it so you don't have to run to him/her to start the introduction quest to the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I left game late MoP (i think even killed hc Garrosh, which was back then hardest difficulty, ironic on my alt druid), back to late WoD, and no more pugs, ppl buy and sell pugs for gold,
    1. Pugs still exist, check the group finder which btw didn't exist in MOP, there are tons of groups when there's worthwhile content (atm we're in pre 8.3 content drought so probably fewer groups, I imagine it'll pick up after patch)

2. Boosts also existed before token, there are just more people buying them nowadays when they can buy legal gold and don't risk account ban, before the boost market was smaller cuz only people who bought boosts were AH players (not that many people total) and illegal gold buyers (which was a risk, they could also buy illegal RMT boosts instead)

3. There are fewer pugs for raids specifically because attractiveness of raiding nosedived when m+ gives the same gear as heroic raid, with unlimited tries per week (no lockout), fewer people needed to assemble the group, and smaller time investment per run

4. Tokens won't be removed, because who the hell would slaughter a goose that lays golden eggs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The next one will have the warchief sitting on it so you don't have to run to him/her to start the introduction quest to the expansion.
    I vote for personal portal machine after they removed half the portals from the game (like from MOP shrines or Legion Dalaran). Or one that lets you turn warmode on without going back to capital, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    2. Boosts also existed before token, there are just more people buying them nowadays when they can buy legal gold and don't risk account ban, before the boost market was smaller cuz only people who bought boosts were AH players (not that many people total) and illegal gold buyers (which was a risk, they could also buy illegal RMT boosts instead)
    boosts did exist but they were so rare that almost never happened pre-token era, i was in top horde guild on my server back in wrath and we were very hardcore raiding, i think in entire wrath we organized a boost sell twice and i never participated in them
    gold was useless, only repair mount was worth some gold and even that is minor since dungeon/raids u can't mount, u just need gold for basic stuff repair gear flasks enchants etc, and that in general doesn't cost in non-progression runs
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    First of all, here is the link: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...inable-in-901/

I just haft to laugh. Cause in the next expansion I would bet money, that a new game-changing gold sink will appear. They are a bunch of hypocrites. First he says they want a slow amount of gold inflation, but then they make game systems (First being soloing raids for a lot of gold, later WOD and legion table missions and world quests etc) that creates inflation problems, and their solution is making things on a vendor cost a lot.

Im sorry, but damn. I can understand they dont like having Brutosaur everywhere (Removes the snowflake concept, which I personally dont care too much about), but to remove it cause of there own created problems`? I personally make a lot of gold in wow, so I bought it a long time ago, but people who want it 1-10?? years from now will always feel like they missed out. I have this feeling with say the MOP molten core anniversary event - I unsubbed for a short while it was going on, kinda didnt follow the wow news cycle in time, and poof...Nope, no core mount for you, cause Blizzard think its good design to remove content.
    Things in life or games are not meant to be absolutely obtainable by every souls that walk the earth. It's perfectly okay that people who want to get it won't be able to. Too bad, it's just a fucking mount, no one is supposed to be offended by that, certainly not someone who claim they already have it.

I don't have it, I don't give a shit, I go to the AH like twice a year, no interest in a mount that can't walk in doorways.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    boosts did exist but they were so rare that almost never happened pre-token era,
    MOP was pre-token era and CM gold boosts were sold left and right, so were Garrosh heirloom runs.

I remember considering paying for a PvP boost in TBC to get gear to raid with, as PvP was the best way to gear up at the time. No catch-ups back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I remember considering paying for a PvP boost in TBC to get gear to raid with, as PvP was the best way to gear up at the time. No catch-ups back then.
    Yea, less gold sinks back then. But also less inflation...okay, TBC was a big jump from classic obviously. I tanked BT in pvp gear on my druid, pvp gear was great back then. But now there are gold sinks made by blizzard to counter there own problems...Thats just how I see it. 5 million for a vendor mount is silly, but I do enjoy my mount, and I can also see why some people think its OK that AH mount needs to be rare...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

You dont see a problem >.<? The only reason why it exsist is because of Blizzards own created problems, by having poor game design that increased inflation since MOP. And then there soloution is to remove the souloution to said problem. Never remove collectibles from wow should be obvious game design by now.
    The mount didn't use that much for people than accumulated a fair bit. I went into BFA AH flipping through legion with ~23m gold, which the 5m spent was recovered in BFA doing the same thing. Turns out people still buy BoEs from the AH, neat ^^

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    You know, I really think they should address the gold inflation problem, however, I also believe that a portion of the rewards/mounts/mogs should have a time window on getting them. Players should be rewarded for playing the game; you shouldn't come ten years later from now and then be able to collect the same stuff that someone who has been playing for 10 years collected. People should feel that they are missing out if they're not playing the game.
    Best way to ensure no new players ever join the game. Why would anyone be dumb enough to join a game where everyone sitting around the mailbox in town is a special snowflake showing off something they can never get? Just join a new game and try to be in on time for the "old school" shit in there.

But hey, at least separating people by the stuff they own in game sounds cool in an abstract sort of way. I'm sure many of the devs who treat working on this game like caring for an ant farm or making sure their guys don't look too much alike in Sims would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I would certainly like to join a game where every reward is earned and not just handed down to everyone once new content is out. I don't like special snowflakes who think they are entitled to all rewards just because "everyone is special". No, no one is special, no one. Everyone who wants a reward will have to earn it, no special treatment for anyone. You missed out on content? Well too bad you MISSED out. That's what missing out is.
    Adding new content constantly and naturally moves the goal post of what being "awesome" means. This encourages people to keep up with the current hardest challenges in game if they want to keep their prestige, instead of resting on their laurels, and at the same times it doesn't exclude people who like stuff to be easier (which is a legitimate play style choice) - they can still get those rewards, but they will have to wait years to do it, and by that time they would have long been replaced as the "most awesome" things in game.

The current system has a huge flaw in that "old" achievements are always more enviable than "new" ones simply by virtue of the fact that the new ones are still going to be obtainable on the short term. If a new player clears through all Mythic 15s in the first week of 8.3 and obtains the latest upcoming dungeon challenge mount, the Awakened Mindborer, all I have to do is hop on one of my Pandaren Phoenixes, and they will feel like shit next to me, because I would still have 10 months to get the Mindborer while they can never ever ever get a Phoenix.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2019-12-10 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP was pre-token era and CM gold boosts were sold left and right, so were Garrosh heirloom runs.
    Yet it's still in the game and I was able to buy three of them. Two for friends. What is the purpose of removing this one?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I can't keep up with all the silly labels people use to handwave opinions away these days. Am I a special and unique snowflake who needs to feel important or am I a sensitive snowflake who needs a safe space.

Pls help.
    Just snowflake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly3685 View Post
    Just snowflake.
    Well that's just nonsensical, snowflakes can't type on keyboards because they don't have hands or fingers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

First of all, here is the link: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...inable-in-901/

I just haft to laugh. Cause in the next expansion I would bet money, that a new game-changing gold sink will appear. They are a bunch of hypocrites. First he says they want a slow amount of gold inflation, but then they make game systems (First being soloing raids for a lot of gold, later WOD and legion table missions and world quests etc) that creates inflation problems, and their solution is making things on a vendor cost a lot.

Im sorry, but damn. I can understand they dont like having Brutosaur everywhere (Removes the snowflake concept, which I personally dont care too much about), but to remove it cause of there own created problems`? I personally make a lot of gold in wow, so I bought it a long time ago, but people who want it 1-10?? years from now will always feel like they missed out. I have this feeling with say the MOP molten core anniversary event - I unsubbed for a short while it was going on, kinda didnt follow the wow news cycle in time, and poof...Nope, no core mount for you, cause Blizzard think its good design to remove content.
    Just an FYI - incase you didn't know the Core mount is available on BMAH, - The other rare drops like the weapon enchant look also available on the BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Just an FYI - incase you didn't know the Core mount is available on BMAH, - The other rare drops like the weapon enchant look also available on the BMAH.
    On BMAH = Avaliable....Sure, belive that. People camp BMAH at 4 AM local time or what do I know when it reset with gold capped characters on random low pop servers or some shit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

People like this is why LFR groups wipe so many times.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    since u insist on gold boosts pre-token era
    tell us why it existed back then, for what purpose ? for that 1 single high cost mount? how many ppl wanted to get that mount in first place, for boost or not
    no, boosts were rare to none, they were (and still are) pita to organize and for no reward, pre-wod era it was very normal that ppl don't give a single f8ck about gold, because number of mounts u can buy with gold in first place was too low and only 2 were useful, not to mention they were 1 time thing only, so no need to put effort in organize boosts non stop when at most 2 boosts will get ur goals, flasks/food/repair costs are too tiny to organize a single boost for few dailies will do the trick which were very easy to do fast and solo and anytime

So why there were boosts 'left & right' ? U literally can't use that gold for anything back then, hence why on Ghostlands eu (tbc/wrath) and Bladefist eu(mop) there was almost no boost, and during Cata my friends played on Twisting Neither so can say that boost sell was at least very low
    It is nothing like now where the normal is boost sales not pugs, since now boost actually save u 15 euro a month in a sub payment, gold literally equal to euro, and the more money the better

TLDR: pre-token era the # of boosts selling in game was extremely low (of course not none, nothing ever is zero), while post-token era it is now the normal for anything, even pug leaders tell u to flat out buy a boost to get achievement or enough gear to qualify for their 'pugs'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    People like this is why LFR groups wipe so many times.
    what is the relation between lfr wipes and his post ?
    Thrall

I have this feeling with say the MOP molten core anniversary event - I unsubbed for a short while it was going on, kinda didnt follow the wow news cycle in time, and poof...Nope, no core mount for you, cause Blizzard think its good design to remove content.
    Well, some people like the idea because it has a certain prestige to it. Are they wrong? Besides, as far as I know, it was not new content, it was recycled content. I do not know since I did not participate in it.

Should the mount be made available later? I am not sure. As I am not a collector, I am not bothered by it but I guess some collectors would be.

As for the gold inflation. This a long term problem with no immediate solution. There is a disparity in people's wealth. I have more than enough gold for own needs but I am still poor relatively. I have a feeling 1M gold is the average given the amount of gold being injected without any real method to extracted. They cannot inflate the prices since that would hurt the poorer players. Not everyone farms gold.