Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hosting the partners family for the first time. Trying not to get too stressed about it but keen to ensure its Christmassy enough, and not look like we've made no effort.

Could be fun, and at least I'll know afterwards if it was less effort/stress than going to theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or you could talk to the gf about the santa suit. Many people are into that thing.
    There's already a bit of an age difference, she's 12 years younger (I'm 37, she's 25), dressing up like an old man would just be on the nose a bit.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what your plans are for the christmas. But you can go grab gift for Frnds on amazon. free amazon gift card now available in for pickup.
    Here..

***Remove the space, only interested persons***

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy the time off work. Since Christmas comes on a Wednesday this year, and I have some unused vacation days left, I'm planning on a very short week at work.

I will be very productive and get all kinds of stuff done around the.....okay, who am I kidding, there will probably be a lot of sitting on my ass playing video games.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-12-09 at 05:41 PM.

Snuggle with the wife Christmas night then head up to our cabin up Mt. Laguna until New Year. I cut plenty of firewood in June and July to keep the fireplace going 24-hr for the whole week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hang out with family and drink lots of mimosas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I only participate with my mom, because she insists. Christmas is corporate trash designed to get you to spend unneededly. Don't fall into the trap.

Can't believe people charge their presents b/c they can't afford them otherwise. So fucking stupid.
    Wow, that was extreme.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    My family gets together and we celebrate on christmas eve with a party. Then on Christmas day I go to my grand parents for lunch. Lots of drinking and singing is involved

I’m volunteering at this Christmas event for homeless and people in need. Spending the day there and then going to drive to my sister and nieces and hang out with them for at few hours before driving to my mom and spends the rest of Christmas Eve there

10+ Year Old Account
    Spending it with family
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    If enjoying the holiday does not include buying a bunch of un-needed shit, then have at it, enjoy.
    you seem to be geniunely upset that others are enjoying buying stuff for other people. i think i shall head to the local store and buy some more presents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    There's already a bit of an age difference, she's 12 years younger (I'm 37, she's 25), dressing up like an old man would just be on the nose a bit.
    37 isn't really that old.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    37 isn't really that old.
    No, but I've already gotten some shade thrown at me from friends about dating a woman 12 years younger.

And ugh, I turn 38 next month. I still haven't developed my mutant powers yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I've already gotten some shade thrown at me from friends about dating a woman 12 years younger.

but your stelio fucking kontos.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Christmas Eve I have dinner at my parents house and we play a trivia game. Each person makes 4 questions for each other person and if they get the question correct they get a gift from the middle of the table, if they get it wrong the person who asked the question gets the gift. The game goes until all questions have been asked and then when gifts are gone from the table, you can steal gifts from others. We really have a great time playing. The gifts are small stuff like candy, useful house stuff and lotto tickets.

Christmas day we open gifts in the morning, eat our big meal at noon and then go to my grandfathers house for a few hours (he is 91) then we come home and have a small dinner.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably chill with my folks or something Christmas Eve, open presents and whatnot. But they're going to my step-grandparents' house for Christmas, which because of certain family members will be the set of the goddamn Jerry Springer Show that day. So, given the option to stay home because I'm 27 and also have zero tolerance for drama, my plan is to order a pizza if they're open (or get a Digiorno otherwise), watch some anime/movies, and play some video games. I think just having peace and quiet and not having to share the couch will be one hell of a Christmas present.

They are jealous that you are dating a hot younger woman. That is all. 25 to 37 is nothing to be upset about and as I said, anyone who gives you shit for it is jealous and miserable that they can’t do the same

Wait...were we supposed to develop mutant powers for Christmas?

We don't really celebrate Christmas anymore since my father's death a week before Christmas when I was 8 so the most we do is decorations and movie marathons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've unexpectedly ended up with the day off. I may be a wild man and go to the new Italian place again -- even though that will mean doing the subway shuffle.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.