Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    He is.

The real problem is that Superman is just a shit character. The actor is doing a fine job with what he's given.
    Exactly, though even that is not much of a problem if done right. A smallville growing into the powers or an exploration of how carefull you have to be with such powers can also work, the Superman movies were shit because DC tried to write an elseworld story and forgot to hire a writer that makes them a good script or at least fully commit to the grim dark. The justice league stuff was just awfull because non-stop CGI, bad cinematography (that red filter..) and because they reworked it in editing. This has been analized to death, but nothing about these movies failed inherently because of the actors involved, they all could work given the right script/director.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I can't stop watching the trailer, because of the soundtrack. I just love that music they set it to.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hold Wonder Woman at the bottom of every possible super hero movie as it had absolutely nothing I liked about it. Shazam gave me back a bit of faith in dc though so Mabye I’ll see this but it will likely depend on if I can even find any one to go with me as every one I know hated wonder woman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    He is.

The real problem is that Superman is just a shit character. The actor is doing a fine job with what he's given.
    I agree. Superman is the most generic gary sue character you can have
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Being more of a Marvel guy, I feel like it's just another attempt at trying to get the same vibe a Marvel movie had. Thor mixed with 80's was pretty surprising but seeing DC being one step behind once again makes me think they didn't learn to do their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Being more of a Marvel guy, I feel like it's just another attempt at trying to get the same vibe a Marvel movie had. Thor mixed with 80's was pretty surprising but seeing DC being one step behind once again makes me think they didn't learn to do their own thing.
    They tried "doing their own thing." It failed. Miserably.

In part because Snyder's a shit storyteller and in part because they didn't fully commit to jumping straight into the Justice League, and instead chose to make a pseudo-JL movie out of what should have just been a Batman v Superman movie in...you know...Batman v Superman. But then again, we get the Waynes' death scene in literally every fucking movie that Batman shows up in, so it's no surprise that they were unwilling to trust audiences to just accept that these characters exist.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-09 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If he dies it'll actually contradict Justice League in which she says, "I lost someone I loved once." This would be twice, although that could be a bit of a quibble.
    Aquaman already contradicted Justice League I think (I can't even know if that's supposed to happen before or after with all the continuity problems, sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post

Looks fun. I just hope they don't go all-in with Pedro Pascal's character being an obvious stand-in for Trump. That level of cringe would both instantly date it and ruin it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Steve is brought back via magic. Pedro Pascal's character talks about getting "what you always wanted" like three or four times in the trailer, and him holding an artifact of some kind then doing something magic-like. So guarantee he's monkeying around with something that grants wishes or brings someone's desires to life.

And the theme will be about being content with what you have/dealing with and accepting loss.
    I don't know shit about DC, but according to IMDB, Pedro Pascal is Max Lord (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Lord). With "Telepathic persuasion" as ability, guess Steve is still dead and Wonder Woman is manipulated or whatever.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-12-09 at 11:45 AM.

New Order - Blue Monday came out in 1986.

Fun trailer for the movie but i will wait for the bluray of it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yeah because Marvel is the only company that does 80's movies right
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    No need to cross the streams, let's stick to DC. I certainly think she is better than Cavill's Superman. I'm okay with Batfleck, and Mamoa's Aquaman is great fun, if a little unconventional, but Cavill's Superman, bleh, such a bland boring role-fill.
    I would say that Cavill´s portrayal as a more serious and "stiff" Clark Kent/Superman is just on spot. Best Superman ever if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Yeah because Marvel is the only company that does 80's movies right
    /s
    Not really my point.

I'm just pointing at some things :

-This WW movie comes really after Ragnarok
    -WW is often associated to Thor, because they are both tying ancient mythology to the comic universe.
    -The association of Thor and 80's vibe seemed off but it was handled nicely. The goofy side of Thor never really worked because of all the serious and epic atmosphere of the previous movies. But with this more comedic take it worked out.

Problem is. I don't see WW go goofy. Some things like thunder lasso-ing seem goofy-cool, but if it tries to play too serious, that will just be DC once again playing a Marvel card and doing it badly.

Loved the first one, it was funny and sweet. Had very good messages to say without beating your head over with them. Im expecting this one to be even better. Gadot is an endearing wonder women, one of the few good things DC had going for it in a while. Pablo Pascal as Maxwell lord, hes on fire right now. Gal Gadot is just a loveable sweet heart and Pine is pretty much good in anything, hes just charming on screen and can be as dramatic or funny as he needs to be. Good chemistry made the first one better then it really was imo. The better women lead super hero movie by far right now. However next year we get two of them. I do not think Black Widow solo movie can be as good, it seems to be generic marvel movie without taking any chances. Marvel movies are good when they bring up something new to their own table. Like civil war or doctor strange.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-12-09 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Aquaman already contradicted Justice League I think (I can't even know if that's supposed to happen before or after with all the continuity problems, sigh)
    Aquaman didn't really contradict JL I think. It's clearly after, since Mira and Aquaman met in JL (though he didn't learn her name and she clearly knew who he was) and referenced the meeting.

I don't see "I lost someone once" as a contradiction for WW really, but then I assume he's raised from dead (temporarily) or a mind trick or magic of some sort and not really back. The main thing that's a "contradiction" for me is that Wonder Woman was not known in BvS, so whatever happens in 84 needs to be so low-key/ hidden as to be unknown to the world? The 100 years thing too, which worked well enough after a WW1 movie, seems off if she actually WAS wandering around the entire time helping people. (Though uninvolved in WW2?) I guess we'll see how the movie handles it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

I don't know shit about DC, but according to IMDB, Pedro Pascal is Max Lord (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell_Lord). With "Telepathic persuasion" as ability, guess Steve is still dead and Wonder Woman is manipulated or whatever.
    Nah, the theme of the movie according to the director is "be careful what you wish for" and it explores the magical negative consequences of wish fulfillment. Even in the trailer, every line from Maxwell is about getting what you want. So it has something to do with Maxwell using a magical artifact that he procures with Wonder Woman's help (she's an art historian/procuror) that grants wishes to an ultimately negative effect.

the trailer is fantastic. visuals, music, theme are all on point with good timing, ramping and cuts. hopefully the movie will be good as well

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Or why every western made Jackie Chan movie since Rush Hour 1 was terrible.
    You will have to pull my love of Rush Hour 2 from my cold dead corpse. Shame on you!

Unless they change up the formula and makes WW less of a Hollywood's Idea of a "Stronk Woman", I'm sensing this won't trump Shazam! and Man of Steel in my top DC movies.

They've already undone the BS reason for her "finding her true powers" in the first one to boot. I am a sucker for Pablo Pascal though, unlike the villain they had in the first one. Don't get me wrong, that man's a great actor, but not believable as a muscular God of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This whole argument is just toxic, man I remember going to a movie and just seeing a movie, if it was good it was good and if it was shit it was shit and we'd movie on..

Not in this damn century, all it takes is one sexist ass hat to get their narrative trending about SJW's ruining <insert media here> and then its all down hill from there,

1) Angry fan complains about sex/race/ whatever on twitter
    2) Tweet blows up and gets a following
    3) Dicks like The Quarterpounder and other cry babies youtubers start spouting their shit and it spreads.
    4) The 'Journalists' catch on, who then in turn see this trending and see that its mainly toxic white men being angry at a women on the screen or a forced message they think it shows.
    5) Journalists fire back and start their narrative of all white men are toxic over this movie, firing back with journalists talking about toxic white men
    6) Meanwhile average white Joe feel attacked even if they were not apart of the debate and (even though the article wasnt aimed at him just the toxic people) to lash out too
    7) This will then enforce the journalists to say "see, see, look we told you they got angry after we put out this article that was made to make them even angrier"
    8) Then toxicity reaches fever pitch
    9) Then cast gets involved, their own opinions anger one of the sides
    10) the cast then get harassed by those said toxic people, which then enforces journalism even more to report on toxicity

And at this point the movie isnt even out, and by the time it is the movie has not even become about the movie anymore. It's become about (x) v (z).

So when I go to see something like Star Wars or Captain Marvel feeling pretty pumped, the internet and news media are saying "If you don't like this movie, you are apart of the problem" and the other half is saying "If you come out liking this movie, you are apart of the problem".

And here I am having done an awesome job of staying out of this debate, (because I know about restraint, also not being apart of social media helps me), and I feel like the fun has got sucked from the movie.

The only comfort I have is that this shit is exclusive to internet social media, which I am not apart of. And am happy to have friends where we can argue about the good and bad like adults.
    Fuck man, I am in the same boat. Both the Ghostbusters and Cap Marvel were on my "Nope" list cause they just lacked anything and I STILL get a periodic PM about how much a pig I am for protesting a Bie Larson movie. And in the same day say something positive about Black Panther or, God forbid, Rogue One (seriously loved it, better than the trilogy) and get blasted for somehow white knighting.

You just cannot win being a normie.

I can't fucking stand that slow motion action crap that they love jamming into these WW movies. It's almost as bad as unintelligible shaky cam action. It just feels like the director screaming at you "looooook hoooowww cooooool thiiiiiis iiiiiiiiisss". As good as the rest of the trailer looks, these scenes just kill it for me.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-12-10 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Don't get me wrong, that man's a great actor, but not believable as a muscular God of War.
    A God of War shattered by the war of the gods and lacking most of his original power? I figured him for Ares pretty quickly, and didn't care for the final battle a whole lot, so not saying it was great by any means. It wasn't a full power Ares though, hence why he wanted Diana to work with him to achieve the goals he wasn't strong enough to do himself. To then throw special effects at each other sort of undercuts that theme a bit, but oh well.

He's not the Ares that took on Zeus, he's the Ares after defeating Zeus and suffering the consequences. I do hope that doesn't preclude other gods though, but I think they've correctly focused on "super powers on Earth" rather than "battle of the gods". (Which, again, makes the CGI god battle a bit off-point.)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."