Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah, I feel as though it was originally supposed to be more of a thing but at some point they cut out the parts of the film that would have dealt with the morality of Steve possessing another man's body. I don't know why they wouldn't just do some reshoots and remove that angle all-together though.
    I guess they did do some reshoots at some point, but not sure why/when/what. They had plenty of extra work time with the movie, but couldn't seem to see the flaws that are obvious to many.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I guess they did do some reshoots at some point, but not sure why/when/what. They had plenty of extra work time with the movie, but couldn't seem to see the flaws that are obvious to many.
    Probably too close to it to see the flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Google "Ww84 is bad" just for shits and giggles. We all know what's bad about the movie but I wanted to see the overreactions. What I never considered where the valid accusations of the r-word against this movie, especially in terms of Gal Gadot's history. If you thought men came out of the movie looking bad, Arabs in general got it worse. Even the Soviets were painted as sympathetic but the Arabs are nothing more but sectarian gun slinging oil barrens. There's also mentions of a scene where Gadot saves 4 kids in the movie in comparison to some views she expressed and past as a IDF soldier. She can't help being an IDF soldier, the views she expressed were her own though. I don't really have any connections to what her critics were talking about but there concerns were valid.

Reference

https://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/other...cs/ar-BB1clSVU

Resident Cosplay Progressive

wait, what is all the "rape" thing going on? Not sure what to read to get it accurate

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    wait, what is all the "rape" thing going on? Not sure what to read to get it accurate
    Wonder woman gets her old boyfriend back from last movie, but in another man's body that he takes over for a while...
    That other man, there's no explanation what happened to his personality and his body is used without permission.
    What about his life? Did he have a girlfriend? Wife? Family? Movie ignores it.

One reason people talk about it, if it had happened to a woman, the woke mob would have been triggered, but since it was a man, it's ignored.. it's to bring up the hypocrisy n stuff..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-01-03 at 01:50 AM.

im not a big fan of the first one, but it was still 10 times better than this hot garbage, the gci is like 2001

dc have some really big problems
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2021-01-03 at 01:53 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    im not a big fan of the first one, but it was still 10 times better than this hot garbage, the gci is like 2001
    My thought is they probably didn't want to have good cat cgi, to have it blurry, cuz they were afraid the movie would be associated with that shit movie Cats...

Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Well...
    Diana makes a wish to have her old BF (Steve Trevor) back. His spirit takes over some random guy and appears to be viewed as Steve to her, but I would guess random guy to everyone else (as Steve sees random guy when he looks in a mirror). They have sex etc. The wish is revoked and everything goes back to normal. Steve’s spirit is sent back to where it came from I’d imagine.

Diana bumps into random guy, chats a bit and he goes on his way, apparently none the wiser as to what had occurred.

Probably don’t need to spoiler it at this point but what the hell...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    The guy gets chatted up by a beautiful woman who comments on his clothes, and he doesn’t bother to get her number or ask about coffee or whatnot later? He’s in some kind of committed relationship, simply based on how badly basically any other guy is shown to be in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Wonder woman gets her old boyfriend back from last movie, but in another man's body that he takes over for a while...
    That other man, there's no explanation what happened to his personality and his body is used without permission.

One reason people talk about it, if it had happened to a woman, the woke mob would have been triggered, but since it was a man, it's ignored.. it's to bring up the hypocrisy n stuff..
    its absolutely NOT ignored. stop saying this - there is a multitude of articles, talking about it - in publications that are typically pointing out when this happens to women. even Mary Sue had a major problem with it. https://www.themarysue.com/ww84-majo...-steve-trevor/ https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-1984-consent-problem/ https://www.thewrap.com/lets-talk-ab...uy-chris-pine/ https://collider.com/wonder-woman-19...urn-explained/

I very specifically selected left leaning sources to link, and that's just from two minutes of googling to find the links (I have read most of these, but didn't save the links)

"I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    ...We’re just all supposed to be okay with him being taken over by someone else and no longer existing because... what? He’s a single bachelor? He has no family?...
    It was a straight white guy... you know the only viable target in Hollywood with no rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best movie I watched on Sunday.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie kind of blew. Just sayin.
    Lucky for me, I watched Diehard after and totally forgot about how disappointed I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Movie kind of blew. Just sayin.
    Lucky for me, I watched Diehard after and totally forgot about how disappointed I was.
    lol i read this and laughed
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I’ve just watched Wonder Woman 1984. I’m disappointed, the first part (2017) was much cooler, more emotional and touching.

Finally seen that movie, and I got to say, after all the hate I've read here and there, it finally was an acceptable movie imo. A shitloads of clichés, another movie breaking DC's continuity after Aquaman, the uselessness of having that happening in 1984 except for cheap winks to this era, but overall it was okay. I was expecting worse.

On the other hand, I think I wasn't ready for that level of CGI. I'm pretty sure we were really close to see the strings on Wonder Woman when she was "flying", and most of the lassoing stuff were ugly af. Same as when she saved the stupid blind/deaf children playing on the road (so original), the fall was... ugly af, and children were obviously puppets, rofl.

But otherwise good perf of Pedro Pascal, okayish performance of Wonder Woman, good rhythm, and great soundtrack especially during the first (useless) scene in Themyscira.